• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hahaha eat a ****, Northam.

The assumption that the group was violent without his intervention, adorable.
    They didn't de-escalate ****, because there was nothing to de-escalate! I asked earlier if the governor or any other legislator even bothered to poke their head out the door of the capitol building to see what was actually going on. There's my answer. :lala:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hahaha eat a ****, Northam.

The assumption that the group was violent without his intervention, adorable.

Meh! What a putz! You knew they were going to spin it either way it went. It was either going to be an “I told you so!” or this...this “yay! Me!” What a piece of work.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Meh! What a putz! You knew they were going to spin it either way it went. It was either going to be an “I told you so!” or this...this “yay! Me!” What a piece of work.
    Exactly. I believe up thread somebody even predicted this would be his narrative afterwards. The constitution shouldn’t be a left vs right issue. If ANYTHING will reunite the country it should be our rights being violated. Unfortunately, those on the left aren’t a fan of certain rights, therefor they see the violation of such rights as acceptable. Guess they don’t understand when you forfeit one right, another isn’t far behind.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This was passed out of fear.

Do you remember when we were children if we did something wrong we tried everything to cover it up and hide what we did out of fear of the spanking that was sure to follow?

This law is exactly what they are doing. They know their agenda is wrong and they will get punished for it. In 4 years I see Virginia going Red again.

I hope you are correct!

Don't count on it. It seemed a lot of people in the crowd expressed upset because they thought Northam won because too many R's sat on their asses and didn't vote. And maybe that's true. But demographics in VA are a lot different now. That election had the highest voter turnout in 20 years and Northam won by the highest margin since 1985. It probably didn't help that Gillespie wasn't a terrific candidate. And of course it didn't help they ran that attack add of children being chased by racists.

It would take a massive turnout to take VA back. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's looking to me like VA has pretty much gone the way of Colorado. Transplants, immigrants, DC surge in size of government, all helped turn VA blue.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've heard some people throw out 90K as the crowd size. After looking at the aerial video, Google Earth, I think I would put the crowd size at more like 40-50K. The queue alone looked to be 8K, given the size and density. They were packed in there like sardines. Inside the capital also had a lot of crowded spots. I'd say that was probably another 8-10K. Then maybe up to 20K on the streets. Still, it was a big crowd and the media is even saying it's a big crowd so that they can say the Governor's state of emergency saved the day. :rolleyes:

I think there were at least 10K armed citizens there. If they all decided to be violent, the police presence they had visible wouldn't have been able to stop it. Maybe they had a lot more reserves available if things went bad, but the police presence there did jack **** to deter violence. It was a peaceful crowd with no violent intent in the first place. That's why there wasn't violence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She probably should've claimed she was a muslim and she'd have been good to go, and probably had grounds for a lawsuit. Now why don't they go after the antifa people doing the same thing again?

The only people I saw wearing bandanas over their faces were some armed people dressed in camo. I don't think they were Antifa. I'm not saying Antifa wasn't there. Someone posted a picture of a few, supposedly there. I just don't think they had a large presence.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meh...#fakenews!!!
    Where was the violence?
    Where was the stor.ing of the castle?
    The tarring and feathering of the congee critters?
    The JBT curb stomping the citizens?
    The media said....
    :eyeroll:

So in the end nothing happen and the new VA are going to occur right?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The only people I saw wearing bandanas over their faces were some armed people dressed in camo. I don't think they were Antifa. I'm not saying Antifa wasn't there. Someone posted a picture of a few, supposedly there. I just don't think they had a large presence.
    post#388 some antifa types milling around with red masks and rifles. Maybe they were demonstrating against northam et al or maybe it occurred to them why an armed society is a polite society?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Isn’t wearing a mask in public illegal in some states?

No Jedi all new VA gun laws will not be passed now that 22,000 people showed up that overrides 8.5 million people.

I heard MK Ultra was curb stomping some people.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So check this out.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1219403884621443078

Elizabeth Warren said:
    Virginians voted for candidates who support gun violence prevention legislation. The majority of Americans—including a majority of gun owners—support reform too. And they will not be silenced or intimidated. #IStandWithVirginia, and I will fight alongside you to end gun violence.

Not only is that full of nonsense, as expected... "#IStandWithVirginia"?

People noticed that hashtag was... changed.... perhaps hijacked. It's not about standing with the people of Virginia... it's now about standing with the state. Yes, that's a healthy mindset. "I support the state government against the citizens!"

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Whatever the Democrats come up will pass not matter how many people stomp their feet or protest!

A person can on the other hand vote for a Republican or DJT and keep the 2AD?

And BTW Mr.guns and stuff lost my respect when he went all bugaboo about whiskey 556 but it seems everyone forgets about that crap.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well if they pass them good luck enforcing them. People will not comply period and there's not enough of them to make them. They used the last peaceful means they had today to try and change the dems minds. Their conscience will be clear.
    I hope the democrats listen and do not violate their oath

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom