New question 10 on 4473. Indy/Marion county residents....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Bought a gun a couple of days ago, and didn't have this question on the paper 4473. Must be like the armed forces DD forms, "Previous edition may be used until supply is exhausted."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Do you have a shred of proof this is true other than opinion?
    Which part? That over half the population of my zip code is unincorporated? Yes, I have proof. Census counts, there are two incorporated towns in my zip code. Population of both combined is about 6k, census count for my zip code 15k. For who they should generally call? Yes as stated in this thread quoting an ATF agent. Not to mention common sense, incorporated call Local PD/Marshall/Etc, unincorporated Sheriff dept. That some incorporated areas contract out LE duties? Sure I have proof. Winfield IN did so a few years ago. Unfortunately can't find a link at the moment. But here are several other places that have disbanded their PD.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Which part? That over half the population of my zip code is unincorporated? Yes, I have proof. Census counts, there are two incorporated towns in my zip code. Population of both combined is about 6k, census count for my zip code 15k. For who they should generally call? Yes as stated in this thread quoting an ATF agent. Not to mention common sense, incorporated call Local PD/Marshall/Etc, unincorporated Sheriff dept. That some incorporated areas contract out LE duties? Sure I have proof. Winfield IN did so a few years ago. Unfortunately can't find a link at the moment. But here are several other places that have disbanded their PD.
    That was not my intended question. I know that. Was intending to ask if there was a shred of evidence that the reason they put the city limits question was to make it easier to know LEO…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That was not my intended question. I know that. Was intending to ask if there was a shred of evidence that the reason they put the city limits question was to make it easier to know LEO…
    As stated in I believe this thread, that is what a ATF agent told a FFL. That and common sense.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Then they clearly do not understand the variables of addresses, but not surprised a government agency does not understand that, only a couple here did…
    For the sake of argument, let's assume you are correct. And for the sake of argument that every person that lives in an area such as Carmel puts Indy(doubtful but for the sake of argument let's assume that) rather than Carmel on the 4473. What percent of the population of the US as a whole do you think that would be? Now also consider that around 37-38% of the US population lives in unincorporated areas. Which would lead to the highest number of correct LE agencies contacted. Not asking if in city limits? Or asking? I'm guessing the latter by a large majority.

Without assuming that everyone that lives in places like Carmel put the preferred city (which IMO is very doubtful), I'm guessing that large majority goes much higher.

Top Bottom