• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Question for INGO, What do you think is a better deal 100 used Colt 30 round ar mags,or 100 new D&H brand mags for the same price? I looked at the colt all have anti tilt followers seem to be in very good condition. All that I tried dropped free fit in mag well fine. I only checked 8 of them. What says INGO?

Last edited:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Who is DH?

...so buy the Colt. Someday, when you go to resell these, people will hear Colt and say, "Oh, yeah. I've heard of them." When you go to sell the DH they'll say, "These are some generic company I've never heard of." Which one do you think would be easier to sell?

And as far as new vs. used mags, Colts are typically milspec. DH may be but, again, who the hell is DH?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Other than turning them at a gun show you'll never use 100 mags. MohawkSlim is spot on, the Colts will sell better.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    D&H is a well known and good to go manufacturer of USGI style aluminum magazines. I have a few I have purchased over the last year or so from PSA. They have been 100% reliable. I would personally buy the D&H since you know for sure they have a lot of life in them. It's basically a lifetime supply.

As others said, if resale is a consideration you really can't beat the Colt name. They will definitely sell faster. Everybody knows Colt, not everybody knows D&H is just as good quality wise.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    D&H is a well known and good to go manufacturer of USGI style aluminum magazines. I have a few I have purchased over the last year or so from PSA. They have been 100% reliable. I would personally buy the D&H since you know for sure they have a lot of life in them. It's basically a lifetime supply.

As others said, if resale is a consideration you really can't beat the Colt name. They will definitely sell faster. Everybody knows Colt, not everybody knows D&H is just as good quality wise.

I would go for the D&H. I have them and prefer them over P Mags and others I also have. I can see the Colt name being better for resale. So I guess it comes down to if your going to use them or resell them.

D&H are good to go in my book. I love the 20rd mags.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    if your buying them for personal use, D&H every time.

^^THIS^^
    They are typically Teflon coated, usually closer to black in color and the ones I own have magpul followers.
    They make a great mag. If you are just going to resell then buy the Colt mags, just easier for resale purposes.

Top Bottom