• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    • It can pinpoint gun shows and individual dealers who serve as major suppliers, plus the names of repeat "straw purchasers," who buy firearms on behalf of prohibited buyers.

So someone buys a gun at a show, gun gets stolen... gun show was the problem. :rolleyes:
    This is the point, it's going to try to outlaw gun shows and shut down gun shops.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ok, how is this accomplished? Chipping guns?

They have no idea what they speak of.

They don't care about tracking, they want to go after the source.
    The are starting with "gun shows R bad" "gun sales R bad" as the focal point.
    This isn't about anything other than gathering "evidence" to that end.

"How did he get it?" "Oh, it was originally sold at a gun show." "Gun show bad."

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sounds like registration to me, how else can they track except by starting with a 4473?
    You start with the pistol maker.

Let;s say Ruger GP100. Contact Ruger. Ruger looks up number (assuming it can be read), sees that it was sent to RSR. RSR sold it to Jimmy's Beer, Bait and Ballistics. Assuming the A&D book and/or 4473 is still there, then look it up and see that Clem M. (Meye Ryyyeeettts) McPherson bought it in July 19, 1989.

Clem passed in 04. Beatrice M. McPherson thinks Cousin Jethro has it but is not sure. Cousin Jethro isn't talking with a lawyer and no one else in the family will return Agent Schmuckatelli's phone calls.

I fail to see how much use, if any, this silly program will be.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    You describe the current tracing method. What is Everytown selling if it uses the existing process? I think Everytown is selling a witch hunt.
    It sounds like a simple database collecting names of original sellers and purchasers. Your name shows up twice and you are the problem: "those gun dealers that consistently pop up" as the source of weapons involved in crimes. or a straw purchaser.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The left will gather all the info and run it thru a dominion and it will change everything to their needs a BOOM ! Then they “lefts” say, Here is the problem and it will show all the issues they want It to say .

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Translation: Your name comes up as the FFL, private seller, or private buyer too many times, the system declares you a criminal and tells the police to come jack you up.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    You start with the pistol maker.

Let;s say Ruger GP100. Contact Ruger. Ruger looks up number (assuming it can be read), sees that it was sent to RSR. RSR sold it to Jimmy's Beer, Bait and Ballistics. Assuming the A&D book and/or 4473 is still there, then look it up and see that Clem M. (Meye Ryyyeeettts) McPherson bought it in July 19, 1989.

Clem passed in 04. Beatrice M. McPherson thinks Cousin Jethro has it but is not sure. Cousin Jethro isn't talking with a lawyer and no one else in the family will return Agent Schmuckatelli's phone calls.

I fail to see how much use, if any, this silly program will be.

You got it Mr. Lawyer. :yesway: Better explanation than I could fumble finger on my phone!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Translation: Your name comes up as the FFL, private seller, or private buyer too many times, the system declares you a criminal and tells the police to come jack you up.

BINGO

If you run a successful business allowing others to, or personally enjoy exercising their/your natural rights -- they're coming for YOU

But don't be fooled, the alfabet bois are already doing this kinda thing

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    BINGO

If you run a successful business allowing others to, or personally enjoy exercising their/your natural rights -- they're coming for YOU

But don't be fooled, the alfabet bois are already doing this kinda thing
    On the other hand it will likely be very selectively enforced because this system is almost guaranteed to throw lots of unnecessary positives. Selling a gun to a person who then uses it in a crime is not a crime. You have to prove intent and coordination.

But that doesn't mean they can't use your presence on that list as a justification to bias the amount of force used against you or the zeal with which you are targeted for prosecution over something else. It marks you as a presumptive criminal with no actual evidence.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    On the other hand it will likely be very selectively enforced because this system is almost guaranteed to throw lots of unnecessary positives. Selling a gun to a person who then uses it in a crime is not a crime. You have to prove intent and coordination.

But that doesn't mean they can't use your presence on that list as a justification to bias the amount of force used against you or the zeal with which you are targeted for prosecution over something else. It marks you as a presumptive criminal with no actual evidence.
    I can't even begin to fix this for you with edits, so without purple, let me try this:

The system will be used to enforce the will of "the people" because it is designed to throw lots of positives. Selling a gun to a person that commits a crime should be a crime (according to Everytown and their ilk). Guilt will be presumed until innocence can be established.

Your presence on the list will be used as justification for the amount of force and prosecutorial zeal used against you. You will be marked as a presumptive criminal and your presence on the list is the evidence that will be presented.

I understand that we don't like to acknowledge this is coming, but this is coming. Without serious changes, this is coming. Lord help us.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The smaller the step the more likely it is to happen. I'm more concerned with the little things like this than I am bills like hr127.
    Gun owners and"free" Americans are like a newtonian fluid. Press us hard, we stand firm. Press us softly, and you can penetration us as deep as you want...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who's to say it won't be used to generate a couple of media-trumpeted 'successes' and then used to push for the digitization of 4473s etc because if that happened they could 'save even more children'

The most telling excerpt:

"We are a city that’s been dealing with this epidemic of gun violence as long as I’ve been alive," [Mayor Brandon M.] Scott says.
    Scott is 36. The city of Baltimore has been run continuously by Democrats since 1967 (54 years). I believe I see what the problem might be

Top Bottom