• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I’ve been asked.

“allows particular individuals who do not meet-the requirements to receive a handgun license and are not otherwiseprohibited to carry a handgun in limited places. “

What would a few examples of this be?

And what defines limited places.?
    The particular individuals who do not meet the requirements I believe would be out of state residents who do not own/work for an employer in IN. That's all I can think of at the moment.

I'm guessing limited places would be those not prohibited by law/IAC, such as schools and such. Same places that people with a LTCH cannot currently carry. About the only other thing I could think of might be "public buildings"
    (13) Subject to IC 35-47-16-1, a unit (as defined in IC 36-1-2-23) from enacting or enforcing a provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in a building owned or administered by the unit if:

However, except as provided in subdivision (5) concerning a building that contains a courtroom, a unit may not prohibit or restrict the possession of a handgun under this subdivision in a building owned or administered by the unit if the person who possesses the handgun has been issued a valid license to carry the handgun under IC 35-47-2.

I don't know one specific law applying to 18 year olds and carrying. I know my rights, I know where I can and cant carry, and I know when I'm allowed to defend myself. You may be right that I dont know every law. I am not denying that. But I know enough to survive. And I'm trying to learn everyday. Part of being alive
    The requirements to obtain a LTCH is that the person must be age 18 or above. The link to the majority of IN firearm laws was posted. I quoted it below. There are a couple elsewhere but that is the main bulk of them.
    IC 35-47-2-3Application for license to carry a handgun; procedure
    (i) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:

(3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
    Indiana Code 35 Article 47 - “Weapons and Instruments of Violence”.

I recommend starting with the definitions in Chapter One and then continuing with the other Chapters in the Article.

Once done there, I can provide the link to ATF rules to anyone interested.

Knowledge is Power!

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I love that people think this would have such a major impact on day to day life. What percentage of the population will even know it is the law? Give it a few months and that percentage will drop as the people against it forget it is even the way things are.

The only real change I see is people will no longer have to pay a fee and wait if they feel a need or have a desire to carry a gun.
    Oh they will know, the media I believe, will slant it to instill fear just like the OP had.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not for long. Some new story will come along to distract the media, and the average person's 15 min attention span will move on to what some famous athlete or actor is doing.
    Much will go un noticed when this is passed until the unintended consequences raises its ugly head.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doug Carter reports directly to Holcomb who is speaking against constitutional carry. Holcomb is no friend of the 2nd amendment.

And we can pay that RINO POS and his henchman back by making sure this bill passes the legislature. He'll have no choice but sign it or never have a chance for future office in Indiana.

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    And we can pay that RINO POS and his henchman back by making sure this bill passes the legislature. He'll have no choice but sign it or never have a chance for future office in Indiana.

Turns out the game was rigged from the start. They voted on the amendment to gut the bill with lightning speed hoping people wouldn't notice. They knew the bill was getting gutted before they stepped foot in that room.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Turns out the game was rigged from the start. They voted on the amendment to gut the bill with lightning speed hoping people wouldn't notice. They knew the bill was getting gutted before they stepped foot in that room.
    So what happens next. A bill gets passed that is worthless and does nothing but upset the existing process?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A lot more info can be found here

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

How come we didn't know that?

Isn't it as if they have knowingly made fools of us?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have one son that started carrying concealed at 18 many years ago - he is in his late 50's now. Another also did, he is only 55 now. Both had to buy their firearms from Individuals as the FED's won't allow to sell handguns to anyone under 21. Neither had any issues at all and still carry!

By the way there are a whole lot of 18 years old in the US Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force, & probably in the new Space Force that carry firearms daily! Seems to work Ok for them! However with the new (somewhat) law it will not make a whit of difference to the Gang member and young criminals as they already carried regardless of legal or not.

Just like any other law, the Anti's will make a big deal from it but it isn't any real change from Indiana's laws that have been in effect for years.

Top Bottom