• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Holy smokes. 293 pages. I haven't read a quarter of it yet, but the hubris seeps through on every page. They keep repeating "objective design features" with the maniacal obsession of someone who knows their lie is so blatantly obvious that they have to keep repeating it just to try to make themselves believe it. Unless I missed it while skimming through that massive pile of vapid text, they didn't give a single darn objective measurement to go off of.

Why won't they just draw a line for us and be done with it? They ramble on and on about "objective design features" but won't give us any objective features or numbers to go off of. If they want to make a determination, that the least they could do is actually make a determination; tell us exactly how much rear surface area, what length of pull, something we can at least look at and know whether or not something is a brace or a stock.

Of course I know why they won't do that. They love this power they have, and want to hold on to it. It'd be such a shame for them if us common folk could know and figure out for ourselves what's lawful and what isn't. They'd much rather we be left in the dark, sending in every example for them to subjectively determine what is or isn't a stock (and then change that later based on irrelevant factor like "marketing" of the product) and always wondering whether or not they plan on making us felons overnight.

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I wonder how short barreled shotguns would play into this ruling. They are different classifications per the NFA but not mentioned from what Inhave read so far.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Does INGO auto-censor? I don’t know because I rarely use language this coarse, but let’s find out:

**** the ATF.

:biggun:

Edit: dang, it does lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does INGO auto-censor? I don’t know because I rarely use language this coarse, but let’s find out:

**** the ATF.

:biggun:

Edit: dang, it does lol.
    It does, but sometimes it lets things slide through that probably shouldn't. :): Best practice IMO is to check your post to see if the auto-censor worked. If it didn't (and you think you said something that would've gotten you in trouble), edit the post and use the asterisks where needed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is even more interesting after the ruling from the 5th circuit against the bump-stock ban. The USSC is going to have to take these cases and straighten it out one way or another. Either an agency can just make law at whim or they cannot.
    We need a big time slap down.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Holy smokes. 293 pages. I haven't read a quarter of it yet, but the hubris seeps through on every page. They keep repeating "objective design features" with the maniacal obsession of someone who knows their lie is so blatantly obvious that they have to keep repeating it just to try to make themselves believe it. Unless I missed it while skimming through that massive pile of vapid text, they didn't give a single darn objective measurement to go off of.

Why won't they just draw a line for us and be done with it? They ramble on and on about "objective design features" but won't give us any objective features or numbers to go off of. If they want to make a determination, that the least they could do is actually make a determination; tell us exactly how much rear surface area, what length of pull, something we can at least look at and know whether or not something is a brace or a stock.

Of course I know why they won't do that. They love this power they have, and want to hold on to it. It'd be such a shame for them if us common folk could know and figure out for ourselves what's lawful and what isn't. They'd much rather we be left in the dark, sending in every example for them to subjectively determine what is or isn't a stock (and then change that later based on irrelevant factor like "marketing" of the product) and always wondering whether or not they plan on making us felons overnight.

Exactly, they'll have you sweating it out until they decide to no-knock your door to make an example of you.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    It does, but sometimes it lets things slide through that probably shouldn't. :): Best practice IMO is to check your post to see if the auto-censor worked. If it didn't (and you think you said something that would've gotten you in trouble), edit the post and use the asterisks where needed.

That’s what I did, lol. But thanks!

Top Bottom