• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I stand on my feet on cement all day. I am tired of burning through a pair of running shoes every 6 months or so. I have worn my Oakley boots with some success but they are done. They really are not designed for cement. I have looked at Magnum, Wolvierne (dura shocks) and Red Wings. I may go look at Danners. I am willing to go to about 200.00 for a good pair of shoes. I was light infantry so I know how important the shoe is. I am a bit over whelmed when it comes to picking shoes for the civilian environment.

Thanks in advance.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If they don't need to be steel toed, the best shoes I've ever had have been new balance and sketchers. Thus far, my sketchers "sneakers" have been the best I've ever had...about 8 months and still feel new :)

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    There is a HUGE difference between new balance shoes sold in department stores and the ones sold in New Balance stores. The ones in department stores suck! The ones made in the USA are the real ones.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I like my Skechers work boot. I'm on concrete 12 hrs. a day. Waterproof also. Very comfortable, under $200. :yesway:

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I would have never looked to Sketchers. I may just look at them.. I do like how new balance fits. There is a New Balance store in South Bend I may have to take a drive over there.. Rocky's Ill take a look...

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Red Wings... I bought a pair that were designed for concrete, chemical resistant, fluid resistance, and a non slip soul.... As long as they leather stays good its only $80 to get em resoled.

Product Detail

They are insulated and wear em year round!

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have a pair of Chippewas, they seem to be wearing well. I'd say try to look for boots with Vibram soles, they seem to be the most durable.

Can't help you with actual shoes though. I haven't worn those since middle school.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i stand/walk on concrete all day. up to two miles daily in steel toe. redwing is your best bet.
    if you didn't get a good redwing shoe then you need to change shops. there - IS - a redwing shoe for your feet and environment.
    redwing also sells an import brand called worx. don't buy them. import prices, and import quality. like every thing else imported, they're a short term solution.

carolina shoe also makes very nice boots. i'm in my first pair other than redwings, for the first time in two decades. very durable.

Cat, wolverine, nautilus, etc, are just retail.

expect to spend 150-200 on a good pair of boots.

there's a few things that can make or break a man - boots, mattress, and women.

Top Bottom