NASCAR could not be more tone deaf when it comes to politics and their fanbase…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Let's go Brandon is a monumental narrative change that is crushing MSM lies. Whatever trademark or other desperation reaction to a phrase that isn't going away exposes the tyranny even more for the imploding sports world. Looks like most Pro Sports are going the way of the Dodo bird.

I am very much on the side that feels athletes if they choose to protest/kneel etc should do it on their own time. I unfortunately don't see an end to the wokism that is being pushed either.
    From my perspective a big down side to so many turning their backs on sports of all kinds as a result is, it appears to me it will only further push young boys away from masculinity. IMHO not supporting sports, in the minds of the woke is a win. It's what they want. Get less kids interested and they can steer them to their way of thinking.

Big problem is, it's not just Pro Sports. The BS has spread to all levels of amateur and youth sports already.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just slightly alter the color of the logo. No longer a nascar trademarked logo. Yellow to orange, or something similar you wouldn’t notice until you inspect closer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What if Lets Go Brandon LLC sponsors a race? The Lets Go Brandon 400 at the Brickyard. Maybe a Bowl Game? It could be two 6-6 teams you never heard of playing the Saturday after Thanksgiving and ratings would be through the roof.

Heads would explode :lmfao:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't think that would pass.

Just leave the logo out of it. Shouldn't need it
    While I agree, I think since nascar has injected themselves into this issue and shown it irritates them, I’m all for pushing their buttons.

And their “logo” is a certain color scheme. If that color scheme is slightly altered it is legally no longer their logo, and fair game.

Maybe sports leagues will learn to keep their mouths shut on political issues from here on, but I have my doubts. They allow BLM and kneeling, but as soon as conservatives use a slogan or symbol they claim they don’t want politics in their sport.

They sure didn’t mind a BLM paint scheme, but they raised issue with a thin blue line paint scheme. They showed who they are, so I have no sympathy for their brand being ran through the ringer.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sadly, for those of us that were fans before NASCAR went anti-gun, let alone BLM, this is just another brick in the wall.

News says today's race determines this year's champion. I won't be watching, but any who do, please report back with any "Lets go Brandon" sightings. :yesway:
    I grew up at the dirt tracks on Friday and Saturday nights (sometimes Sunday nights if there was a big show) while my dad uncle and brother raced. We would all get together Sunday morning and clean the cars, get them on Jack stands, and begin tearing them down for the next weekend.

We would always stop and watch the nascar race when it came on. Around 2009ish when they all decided racing was getting too corporate and sold all their stuff, they also stopped watching nascar as religiously. It became a “if nothing else was going on and we were bored we’d watch it” kind of thing.

Last year we all swore off nascar. I have only watched about 50 laps since, and that was the Bristol dirt race. I watched the final laps of the final stage. When they had their drivers stand in front of a camera and tell them they “don’t need those fans” it became apparent they didn’t value the people paying their checks. Drivers in the 90s appreciated their fans, and understood they made their careers possible. Until they watch their profits plummet they’ll never get the hint. Even if they apologized, I know it would only be damage control. They showed me their true feelings, I’ll never watch another race or highlight as long as I live.

However. Any race fans that are itching for motor sports should consider subscribing to dirt vision. Almost every night of the week they have a race, and it’s actually action packed side by side racing. None of this 2 hours of talking bs, just racing. Sprint cars, late models, modifieds... real racing. Real men that work on their own cars, work a full time job, and go compete on the weekends. How racing was intended to be.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    IMG_0319.JPG NASCAR and IndyCar have the exact same problem to me. NASCAR has spec chassis, the ONLY difference is the nose and tail pieces and the headlights, tail lights and grill decals, every car is the same chassis. IndyCar is even worse, only one tub manufacturer and you either run a factory built and tuned Chevy or Honda engine, the teams aren't even allowed to tune them! Not that NASCAR is much better, but at least you can still build and tune your own engine, for now. Now here's where I can really go on a rant. BOTH have plans in the works to be running a "Hybrid Power Unit" (like F1 is currently) in the very near future. In my book when they do, you can have it I will be totally done with both series, I am almost there now. Dirt is where my interests are and will be from now on. Give me a sprint car or a late model sliding' sideways at Eldora, or a nice little bull ring, and I am a happy camper!

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    After actually reading the article and seeing the NASCAR statement: "NASCAR will pursue legal action against those who use their trademarks on merchandise including the slogan". They are wanting to stay out of the foray of "Lets go Brandon" and other political issues by blocking the illegal/unapproved use of their Trademarked logo on any political merchandise/statements. Their registered trademark, their choice of usage. I don't see any problem with this specific item. I bet GM or Ford would take the same action.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    After actually reading the article and seeing the NASCAR statement: "NASCAR will pursue legal action against those who use their trademarks on merchandise including the slogan". They are wanting to stay out of the foray of "Lets go Brandon" and other political issues by blocking the illegal/unapproved use of their Trademarked logo on any political merchandise/statements. Their registered trademark, their choice of usage. I don't see any problem with this specific item. I bet GM or Ford would take the same action.
    Do you think the legal threats would be the same if BLM was using their logo without permission?

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Do you think the legal threats would be the same if BLM was using their logo without permission?
    Don't have an answer to your question, but this is what they said:

Steve Phelps, NASCAR president, announced the decision on Nov. 5, saying that the motorsports series does not want to be affiliated with "the left or the right."

"We will pursue whoever (is using logos) and get that stuff," said Phelps. "That's not OK. It's not OK that you're using our trademarks illegally, regardless of whether we agree with what the position is."

Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't have an answer to your question, but this is what they said:

Steve Phelps, NASCAR president, announced the decision on Nov. 5, saying that the motorsports series does not want to be affiliated with "the left or the right."

"We will pursue whoever (is using logos) and get that stuff," said Phelps. "That's not OK. It's not OK that you're using our trademarks illegally, regardless of whether we agree with what the position is."

Maybe they will, maybe they won't.
    Phelps is obviously a bald-faced liar. They DO want to be associated with the left, as evidenced by their support for BLM. They DON'T want to be associated with the right, as evidenced by their objection to the thin blue line paint scheme.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well to be fair, originally the plates had the best of intentions behind them. The problem was back then tracks weren't built with sufficient catch fencing to contain a heavy car at the speeds they were capable of running.
    If one of those cars had gotten through a fence and killed a bunch of fans including kids, it would have been the end.

So, they don't want products using the "Let's Go Brandon" phrase with their licensed logo. I get that and can respect their stance. They have to protect their own product line. Maybe this week fans will chant.. Let's Go NASCAR!
    Better yet, NASCAR should release an officially licensed version of the 'Let's Go Brandon' T-shirt

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A smart move that NASCAR cannot seem to get, even after multiple fails is that they could just STFU.

IF QUESTIONED, quite simple to say; "We didn't authorize that use of our logo." And nothing else.

Another simple statement that could be said...

NASCAR is in the entertainment business. Effective in 2022, NASCAR will no longer associate or disassociate in the political arena.

...AND SAY NOTHING ELSE. PERIOD.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A smart move that NASCAR cannot seem to get, even after multiple fails is that they could just STFU.

IF QUESTIONED, quite simple to say; "We didn't authorize that use of our logo." And nothing else.

Another simple statement that could be said...

NASCAR is in the entertainment business. Effective in 2022, NASCAR will no longer associate or disassociate in the political arena.

...AND SAY NOTHING ELSE. PERIOD.
    They seem to be powerless to use any common sense thinking. They knee jerk to the slightest hint of controversy and act in a CYA manner not seeing or realizing the deep hole they are in. When Dale died and the old man left this mortal plain junior has destroyed what those men built.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

What happens to your legal rights to a trademark if you allow unauthorized use you are aware of?

Top Bottom