• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone watching the Chicago race? (I'm not) Just wondering if any of the drivers had been carjacked yet. ;) And if a carjacking occurs, does that count as a driver change? And if the carjacker winds up winning, to whom do the points go? So many questions...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Anyone watching the Chicago race? (I'm not) Just wondering if any of the drivers had been carjacked yet. ;) And if a carjacking occurs, does that count as a driver change? And if the carjacker winds up winning, to whom do the points go? So many questions...
    Well they tried.........

1688396985138.png

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So if you haven't watched any of the race I recommend the last 15 laps or so. The kiwi schooled the good ol boys on that course. Best racing Nascar has had in a while.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I got up to 110 on that stretch of LSD.

I had a lot more traffic to contend with at the time, but at least it was dry.

D23DA146-C9B1-4C95-BA4C-6E6A111F354A.jpeg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got up to 110 on that stretch of LSD.

I had a lot more traffic to contend with at the time, but at least it was dry.
    Driving 110 on LSD is pretty freaky, man!

iu

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I lost interest in Nascar when the Richard Petty generation retired. I thought having Nascar in Chicago when they did was the dumbest thing ever and just a feeble attempt for Lori Lightfoot to find accomplishments for her reelection bid. Post race the local mainstream media are really trying to talk up the event and get support for future races. From what I gather there is a 3 year contract and Chicago can cancel and walk away but that Nascar has invested a lot of money and wants to do it again next year.
    Id like to hear the Nascar fans thoughts on the event.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I lost interest in Nascar when the Richard Petty generation retired. I thought having Nascar in Chicago when they did was the dumbest thing ever and just a feeble attempt for Lori Lightfoot to find accomplishments for her reelection bid. Post race the local mainstream media are really trying to talk up the event and get support for future races. From what I gather there is a 3 year contract and Chicago can cancel and walk away but that Nascar has invested a lot of money and wants to do it again next year.
    Id like to hear the Nascar fans thoughts on the event.
    The whole weekend was a cluster mainly due to heavy rain. But the last 15 laps of the main event was some of the beat I've seen in years. On a track many said you could not pass on the winner when from 18th to first in the last segment.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Local media is playing up the lack of weekend crime angle as a positive that made the city look good but in reality the lack of crime was 100 percent due to the rain. So much rain that they had to reverse the flow of the Chicago river and dumped raw sewage into Lake Michigan closing the beaches for swimming if any fans lingered after the event and wanted to go to the beach.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Id like to hear the Nascar fans thoughts on the event.

I apologize for thread-jacking on your thought. Hopefully those that have stuck with the woke NASCAR will contribute.

IMHO, NASCAR needs to see a Bud Light experience from their woke campaign. The BL thing has demonstrated that organizations should pay, when they refuse to best accommodate the fans that support their business.

Hopefully, NASCAR fans will see the results of the BL boycott and respond accordingly. Maybe we can recover what was once great racing?

NASCAR needs to put a muzzle on the race baiter and gracefully back away from their divisive stance, if they I intend to make it.

Go woke, go broke...

Top Bottom