• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Just another demolition derby on a super speedway. They have ruined Daytona and Talladega in my opinion with the IROC style racing. I'm afraid they won't make any changes until someone gets killed. Used to be my two favorite tracks.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    A race car that is too fast just doesn't sit well with me. Restrictor plates was a step backwards and nascar continues to get worse. I remember when Elliot made up 2 laps at Talladega under green. Now we get to see lucky dog. Give me a break.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At the end of the day, car technology has surpassed the physical limits of the racing facilities in all racing. That is why so many rules and specs…

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I get what he's saying. They wreck at the race to the finish. Instead of finishing under yellow, they group up for overtime, wreck again, group up for overtime, wreck again.

This is what we saw last night. One car went into the grass at 3 to go, still moving. Larson had a good lead and a blocker/draft car. One of the announcers said they'll defer the yellow, but they didn't. 2 more wrecks and the race was decided by the yellow button. They want this, obviously. Second caution Bush had the lead. And they wanted Bush to win but it went to overtime again. Legano was taking it in the second overtime but got sucked back in the middle trying to make a move. So the pile up on the last lap decided the winner.

This puts more drivers at risk and it isn't racing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Just another demolition derby on a super speedway. They have ruined Daytona and Talladega in my opinion with the IROC style racing. I'm afraid they won't make any changes until someone gets killed. Used to be my two favorite tracks.
    Ummm, a big name did get killed at Daytona…
    Yes and that was a tragedy. I’m referring to this style of racing with the latest Gen car. All run together with little or no separation causing more domino effect crashes. Used to be the driver in the back was in the safest place, not any more. How many concussions have happened with what appears to be a lighter crash, latest being the one that took out Kurt Busch?

Top Bottom