• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    im sitting here on the computer and she just randomly asks me "honey where is your gun?" i tell her its on hutch in the kitchen and she asks me to go get it and i respond by asking her "why", and she says "because i feel safer when you have your gun, can you go get it?" for some reason she gets paranoid when she is up in the middle of the night taking care of our baby girl. this morning she told me she gets the feeling that some one is watching here from out side the window, i know there is no one there because my dogs arent going crazy. for some reason the only time my dogs bark is when someone is walking up to the house, there are no windows from which the person is coming from but they still go bazerk they dont do it when cars pull in, fourwheelers go by, tractors coming and going, they only do it when there is someone walking up to the house (i guess its one of their senses). i need to get her in a self defense course so she doesnt always have to rely on me.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    im sitting here on the computer and she just randomly asks me "honey where is your gun?" i tell her its on hutch in the kitchen and she asks me to go get it and i respond by asking her "why", and she says "because i feel safer when you have your gun, can you go get it?" for some reason she gets paranoid when she is up in the middle of the night taking care of our baby girl. this morning she told me she gets the feeling that some one is watching here from out side the window, i know there is no one there because my dogs arent going crazy. for some reason the only time my dogs bark is when someone is walking up to the house, there are no windows from which the person is coming from but they still go bazerk they dont do it when cars pull in, fourwheelers go by, tractors coming and going, they only do it when there is someone walking up to the house (i guess its one of their senses). i need to get her in a self defense course so she doesnt always have to rely on me.

If my wife asked me to go get my gun, I'd have tears in my eyes.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well if mine ever asked me to get my gun I would have to say to her where are all yours lol?She actually owns more firearms than me! For those of you who do not know she is "Grumpe" on here. She almost brought tears to my eyes today...as we added ak number 6 to the collection and she realized we now only had 4 mags per ak and 1000(a little more than 1000) rounds for each one and said "We need at least 6 more mags and more ammo now"...I love my grumpe :)
    Mind you we tend to shoot at least once a week and can burn through 1000 rounds of ak ammo very easily.So anyone know of an local/online cheap ak ammo or are the importers still sitting on it all jacking the price up?

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I had a similar incident. We had went to Pine Lakes Resort and rented a cabin. After we decided to get layed down for the evening her first question was "Where's your gun at, and I'll get it for you". Same thing at a motel, but this time I didn't have it with me. Which led to her saying several times that she didn't feel as safe without it.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    ditto here also. About two months ago me and the wife were watching tv in the bedroom and she asked me. Do you still have your gun here in the bedroom ? I said, well without a doubt. I asked why she asked and she said well I just feel safer knowing if someone came in the house at night we would have some defense. I guess she must have been feeling uneasy that night for some reason hence the reason the question came up.

It's a great feeling to have a wife that understands the responsibility of owning a gun and one who also enjoys going to the range and shooting along side with me. Believe me folks, it wasn't always this way but she's a trooper about it now and a damn good shot I might add.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Similar situation. Back at the beginning of October, our house got broken into. Luckily the bastards didn't take ALL of my guns. My wife's emotions went from:

1. Mouth hitting the floor once we found out we were broken into. (disbelief).
    2. Hand over mouth, the beginning of a tear. (sadness).
    3. Actual tears. (vulnerability)
    4. "If they come back, I want you to shoot them dead!!!! (rage). At that moment, I had a tear in my eye. Not because of disbelief, sadness, vulnerability, or rage, but because she had removed the leash from the collar. :draw:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    My wife is making the transition from worrying about guns to embracing the whole idea. She is even considering applying for her LTCH and carrying a small pistol.

She told me last week when we were shopping that she feels more comfortable with me carrying. Last evening we were standing in line at Panera waiting to order supper, and she started fondling my gun and giggling. I couldn't wait to finish supper and get back home.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    About 6 wks ago, my wife brought up the subject of HD/PP. Here is a post from a different site I frequent about the conversation, in its entirety. I'm glad for those of you whose wives are on board with you.
    Well, the wife and I had a serious discussion of our home defense and personal protection hardware last night. We were talking about the incoming administration and I mentioned the proposed gun bill. She asked if I thought we should get something while we still can. I don't think she was quite prepared for my responses. I told her what we currently have is inadequate, poorly accessible, and as useful as a boat anchor if I wasn't home.

Right now, I have a (I know I'll get ripped for this) Phoenix .25 auto that I've had for probably 10 years, and my 870 Express. Both guns are locked in cases on the top shelf in our closet. The shotgun case actually has stuff on top of it. I showed her what it would take to get the weapons if they were needed. The pistol is easy, unlock the lockbox, reach in. But, 7 shots of .25 isn't exactly my ideal home defense option. The 870, on the other hand would be great, but takes about 5x as long to retrieve and is not loaded. 3 loose shells are in the case, but none in the magazine of the gun.

Now, she knows absolutely nothing about firearms, and has said this to me in the past. Last night, she said she's "scared to death" of them. At this point, I brought up training courses. There's an NRA Basic Pistol course at the local range every couple months, $100 for a Saturday/Sunday course. I told her that I wanted her to take one, and that I'd watch the kids while she did it. She seemed responsive, and I explained that pretty much all day Saturday she'd be in a classroom and would spend part of Sunday at the range shooting a variety of pistols and revolvers. I said that I needed to renew my CCW permit, and would be doing that ASAP regardless of what else we did.

We talked a little about what I thought we should do about the weapons we had. I said we needed a more solid handgun. She asked how much, which I knew would be coming since we're all about getting rid of our debt right now. I said about $650-$700 max, knowing full well that Buds Gun Shop has Glock 19s for about $550, and I'd get at least $100 of soft goods. I'm seriously considering that PT-111 Pro Taurus that someone mentioned earlier, though. I also told her that I wanted to keep a couple boxes of 00 Buck handy for the 870, just in case of an oh **** scenario.

I kinda went whacko on her for a bit, explaining how I worried daily about someone deciding to walk into the mall, grocery store, or wherever with the intent of shooting up the place. I told her that on Saturday, while she was shoe shopping and I was watching the kids at the play place, I looked at the face of everyone who passed in my field of vision. It happened that we were watching some show on CNN about the Jonestown, Guyana cult and Jim Jones. The conversation turned to things like Columbine, VA Tech, and 9/11. I told her that today is different because of the internet, global tv, and instant news. If someone wants to make a statement and commits suicide, it might not make the local news, but they could kill a bunch of innocent people and the world would know in hours.

Finally, I printed out a copy of this, and told her to read it sometime then talk to me.

Sorry for the novel, but lately I've felt an overwhelming urge to be a better sheepdog, to borrow a concept from the above article.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Christmas night we left our do unlocked so my dad could get in the house in a couple hours to wake us up. (I stayed up until 2, he came over at 6) When I went to bed I just unstrapped and put it in the safe away from the kiddies when I heard a door push open. I quietly got up, got my BDE, and went to investigate. Not so quietly my fiance says to me, "Don't you dare chamber one!" WHAT?!?!!?! I gave her a sheety look knowing that there was one already in the chamber and went to clear my downstairs. Luckily we just hadn't got the garage door shut tight and the air pressure between the house and our garage had pushed it open.

My fiance isn't against guns like she used to be, but even though I have explained and demonstrated the safe handling of firearms to her she still gets paranoid. At first she didn't even want the kids knowing I had them. I blew that one off a couple days after owning my pistol in hopes of teaching our kids things. That didn't go over well to say the least, but she's used to it now. I got Pami and Lars to take her shooting in which she is hell bent on getting a Sig P250, but at first she didn't want me carrying the pistol at home. Now I carry it everyday, all day. Needless to say that didn't go over well, but she's getting over it.

Now it's just the carrying one in the chamber thing. I'll tell her in a couple months that I've been carrying cocked and locked 24/7 for a few months now and see how she takes it. Not well I'm guessing!

Wish she was like Pami!!!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My wife has come around and now has a loaded S&W642 on her side of the bed, my Glock30SF with one in the chamber on my side.

Near my computer is a mossburg 500 shot gun, loaded but I don't keep one it the chamber.

On the other end of the house my 16 year old son has an AK47 with one loaded 30 round clip and a Glock 30 with one in the chamber.

I have explained about cross fire and he has a lazer on the AK to help see where he's shooting.

So my wife has come a long way since I traded for my first Glock 19..... 10 years ago.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I feel really sorry for anyone who messes with my wife. She shot IPSC for five years and could beat most of the guys. A few cops would show up at our matches and she would just SMOKE their butts. It was so much fun to watch. If I ever come home late at night I always call her on the phone and make sure she knows I'm coming in the door.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    my wife is a good shot too, she shot expert for the national guard, but the only rifle she is good with is the AR and thats it.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    About 6 wks ago, my wife brought up the subject of HD/PP. Here is a post from a different site I frequent about the conversation, in its entirety. I'm glad for those of you whose wives are on board with you.
    Indy, that's an awesome story; maybe I missed it, but you should make sure your wife gets her LTCH, too. It's a very slight chance, I know, but you might leave your gun in her car one day, and if she were to get pulled over and the officer sees it, things could go very bad very quickly (or so I've heard). Still, better safe than sorry. Plus it'd be a good invitation to get her to the range to practice with you more. :)

My fiance isn't against guns like she used to be, but even though I have explained and demonstrated the safe handling of firearms to her she still gets paranoid. At first she didn't even want the kids knowing I had them. I blew that one off a couple days after owning my pistol in hopes of teaching our kids things. That didn't go over well to say the least, but she's used to it now. I got Pami and Lars to take her shooting in which she is hell bent on getting a Sig P250, but at first she didn't want me carrying the pistol at home. Now I carry it everyday, all day. Needless to say that didn't go over well, but she's getting over it.

Wish she was like Pami!!!

Maybe I should get my 250 looked at... it appears to be contagious... esrice's sister got one, too, after hearing me chatter about it one day. *ponders*

And I'm sorry, Ryan, but there's *nobody* like me. And for the record -- I do have my faults. I mean really, do you want her to have an obsession for pink? ;)

Top Bottom