• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    As a former male "waitress" I agree with 1 or 2 points from the OP, but overall... if I had a customer like this you'd better believe they'd get service they deserved. And by that, I mean terrible service that ensures they never come back. It's sounds like that's what they're looking for anyway, what with all the choices they have.

Whoever did come up with that little rant needs to work in a restaurant for a few weeks so at least they have some frame of reference for how the industry really works.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've never worked in a restaurant, but we do dine out a few times per week. I've seen plenty of people who have that "I hate the world, and I'm gonna make everybody miserable" look on their face when they walk through the door. Just last week, we watched a man and woman, both quite cranky looking and acting, send food back 3 times at a local, and very good steak house. The cook came out, as well as the manager several times during their "dining experience". I commented loudly once "good luck eating THAT", after the second time the cook brought their food back out.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OP, did you write that or is it a cut and paste?

Seriously, whoever wrote that sounds like the kind of person that if you invited to
    a cookout would show up and ***** that his free steak wasn't cooked right and his beer was too warm.

In any other business you are known as a D customer.......... you cut those loose. :twocents:
    You don't want everyone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you really think that just because you're the customer that you can walk into a place of business and treat people with the level of rudeness and contempt you indicate in this thread?

I bet you eat a lot of spit.

edit: if this is a copy/paste, and it's not yours, you really should indicate that, because as of now without you stating that, most people will assume it's your words and view you in a not so favorable light.

Yes, ^^^THIS^^^. To the OP, if that was not you that authored the rant, then I apologize to you. I do NOT apologize to whomever DID author the rant.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I only have two things to say..... I also am NOT a fan of male "waiters" unless a VERY HIGH CLASS JOINT". I used to travel out of state, a lot. I went to the same restaraunt 3 nights in a row. The third night, I asked for a FEMALE waitress, I told the greeter, I was tired of having a male waiter..... One thing that irritates me, is being requested, for a tip, BEFORE, I am served. There is a Buffet, here in Greenfield, that you pay B4, and they want you to tip, at this time. It is a buffet, self serve, all you have to do, is keep my drink full. If you serve me, you will recieve a tip..... JMHO, a tip, is EARNED .....
    I generally tip at buffets, but only a couple of bucks, not the full 15 or 20% that I would at a regular restaurant (assuming it's earned of course). However, I believe (and I could be mistaken - just a story I've heard) that the term "tips" originated from local inns or taverns having a bucket or other container at the entrance saying, "To Insure Proper Service" where patrons were encouraged to leave a little something prior to being served.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I wouldn't think so, since he did provide the source of the original material (granted most of us didn't notice it, but... :):).
    It's still against the rules, and titling it "My Restaurant Rant" is exceptionally deceiving.

INGO Rules said:
    6) Do not post any written content that is not yours on INGunOwners.com.
    Do not post news articles, content from blogs or any other content from sites around the web on INGunOwners.com . Feel free to post your own words and a link to the content but DO NOT copy and paste any text that does not belong to you on INGunOwners.com.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    If I owned a restaurant, I'd prefer such a person to never come to my establishment. There's no way in pleasing such a self-absorbed a$$ and your $20 isn't worth it to me.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Having worked in a restaurant for a while, I can see some points having merits but the original author sounds like a total douchebag....then again, his/her mother dropped the author on his/her head once or twice too many.

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    More accurate thread title: Guy who thinks he is highbrow eats out a few times a week at Denny's...is frustrated with his life...spends an embarrassing amount of time compiling an angry list of nonsense.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I learned something about french fries.......

I tip for the level of service.

I eat where I like the food.

I eat at home a lot as we are great cooks and enjoy what we fix.

I tipped my wife the other night.

:yesway:

While the OP has a rant problem that needs fixed...

Me and my wife also dislike the "I'm gonna sit here and be comfortable" while I take
    your order types. I think this is highly unprofessional.

I tip to the level of service provided, mail it in and you get a meager tip, greet us with a
    smile, don't complain about your day and kill me with service and I will give them a tip
    that you will be proud to have earned.

I also despise places that want to automatically include a gratuity. We sometimes have birthday
    gatherings for eight @ Olive Garden, before we are seated I ask to speak to the manager about
    it and inform them that we will tip according to the level of service, not the gratuity and explain
    that too many times we have encountered substandard service because of this.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    :yesway:

While the OP has a rant problem that needs fixed...

Me and my wife also dislike the "I'm gonna sit here and be comfortable" while I take
    your order types. I think this is highly unprofessional.

I tip to the level of service provided, mail it in and you get a meager tip, greet us with a
    smile, don't complain about your day and kill me with service and I will give them a tip
    that you will be proud to have earned.

I also despise places that want to automatically include a gratuity. We sometimes have birthday
    gatherings for eight @ Olive Garden, before we are seated I ask to speak to the manager about
    it and inform them that we will tip according to the level of service, not the gratuity and explain
    that too many times we have encountered substandard service because of this.

Does olive garden honor your request?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    learn to cook for yourself and stop complaining. the only thing i will complain about in food service, is service, or poor service rather.

are you that guy that complains about EVERYTHING so the manager will comp your meal?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It was post #3 that I found most condescending. Kudos to Frank for having a lot more self control than I probably would have.

And likely me, too.

I'm guessing the OP goes into the Golden Arches and expect to be treated like a guest of Wolfgang Puck's.

Here's my things to remember about being in a restaurant:
    -- You get what you give
    -- That older person waiting tables is at least working.
    -- An older server has likely had a rough life-- perhaps of their own making, perhaps not. There's a reason they are well past college age and still waiting tables.
    -- A younger server is likely pretty clueless and naive.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Does olive garden honor your request?

Most places will honor that request although I'm not sure about Olive Garden. I know when I was serving I would regularly have a large group of Japanese businessmen who would easily run up a $500 to $750 bill. I, myself, requested that management take off the auto-grat simply because I knew them well enough to know I would get a better tip that way. It's somewhat disrespectful to force people to tip IMO

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    The OP is probably just a guy who looks for any excuse not to tip. Some of the stuff in there was legitimate, but most of it is just an example of what a bunch of spoiled brats society has become. If I would wave a magic wand and make it happen, I'd have restaurant prices raised 15% and tipping stopped. That way, non-tippers would pay for their servers to be there, and I'd save money.

Top Bottom