• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    The OP should publish his picture somewhere so every restaurant could keep him out of their establishment. I can only wonder if the he has ever been to the same place more than once! Doesn't seem likely, for sure!

Yup! Staying at home, learning how to cook and serving yourself would be your best bet. This way you wouldn't have to put up with those nasty cooks, the pesky waitpersons, the condescending host/hostesses, and the other diners that offend you.

I think I will send your message to my daughter. She works as food prep person at a banquet facility in an Eastern state. Just curious as to what she would say in reply to your rant. Knowing her, it won't be pleasant, I'm sure.

Have a nice day and enjoy your lonely existence!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Print out your opening post and hand it to the hostess when you get to a restaurant. That way they know exactly how you feel and you will be treated with the utmost respect.

It's real easy to sit behind a keyboard and type. Take some action.........and let us know how it works out for you.

Heck, I might try it.
    Yeah... hope you like spit in your food! :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "#6- I do not like, nor am I impressed by “Oh, so eclectic!”, tortuously improbable food combinations- like “Tuscan Glazed Chicken Stir Fry with Vietnamese Baby Cabbage Sprouts topped with Jamaican Crème Brule” or whatever. I also don’t like the ” Oh, so modern” practice of the cooks not cutting the food to appropriate size, you see this a lot with salads – where a person is served large chunks of vegetables that have to be cut down to size by the customer before they can be eaten. I think the “huge chunks” idea is supposed to be evidence of how natural, fresh and close to being ” just hand picked ” are the vegetables or fruit. Offer good food that I can recognize and don’t have to finish prepping myself at the table and maybe I will become a loyal customer."

So OP, does Mommy still cut up your food for you?? (Obviously Daddy wouldn't, since that's so "un-manly".) :rolleyes:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Once again I have learned a valuable lesson from my friends at :ingo:. I live alone so, naturally, I cook for myself. I rarely eat out. There's something depressing about dining out alone. Anyway, when I do I am usually very happy that 1) I can afford to dine out. 2) I have the benefit of some human interaction. 3) I don't have to cook and, more importantly, I don't have to clean up after. I obviously don't hold myself in high enough esteem because I understand how difficult it is to work with the public and I also know that sometimes things just don't happen to perfection. I guess I should be much more demanding and difficult. I also always over-tip. I need to re-evaluate.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    After reading that I would love to hear a waitress' rant about you.

my daughter is a waitress/manager, bless her heart she has patience from here to eternity. she doesn't get mad often but she has told customers off on occasion. Those customers who complained to the boss were told "If she told you off, you deserved it. She rarely loses her temper".
    She's rarely been stiffed a tip, if she is she has a regular crowd that comes in and makes it up. I'm sure the type she told off, was the type writing the rules above.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    my daughter is a waitress/manager, bless her heart she has patience from here to eternity. she doesn't get mad often but she has told customers off on occasion. Those customers who complained to the boss were told "If she told you off, you deserved it. She rarely loses her temper".
    She's rarely been stiffed a tip, if she is she has a regular crowd that comes in and makes it up. I'm sure the type she told off, was the type writing the rules above.

I love it when supervisors back their employees.

I don't have that.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Anyone actually read number 5?
    #5 – Yes, I keep using the term waitress, the feminine pronoun, I don’t like other men bringing me food. I do not tip male “waitresses” – I don’t care if they are working for a living I don’t want them here bringing me food and asking if I need anything. I don’t care if you think this is old fashioned, Neanderthal, politically incorrect or whatever. Women bring Men food - Men hunt the food, Women prepare and serve it. Twenty years of P.C. contamination cannot undo half a million years of Darwinian evolution and the resulting hard wired instincts. Hire cute, friendly waitresses that are competent and pleasing to the eye - and maybe I will come back and spend more money at your restaurant.

:n00b:

I don't work in the food business anymore... It's not my job to feed the trolls.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ok guys, this was OP posting a rant written by someone else who was trying to help restaurants stay in business and not fail. I see it as sharing something somewhat amusing, not an attempt by OP to bash restaurants. I could be wrong though...

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Ok guys, this was OP posting a rant written by someone else who was trying to help restaurants stay in business and not fail. I see it as sharing something somewhat amusing, not an attempt by OP to bash restaurants. I could be wrong though...
    This! If you click ont he Flickr link, it was posted in 2012. I believe the OP, who is a new INGOER simply wanted to post something thought provoking and to spark a controversial conversation. I personally enjoyed ther ead. Granted, some of it was very roughand demeaning towards food service staff, it still raised some good points on how we are the customers and without us the resturant industry wouldn't exist. I agree that cooking at home is the best option and it is what my family does, but on the special occassion that we go out, I expect my service and food to be good. That is the whole idea, it is value based purchasing. My wife used to work in food service so i usually leave the tip up to her decision, but she can be harder and more critical than me!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yeah, it appears to be a copy/paste from the link provided at the bottom.

Though I don't agree with some of that rant and the tone reminds me of a Clark Griswold rant on the way to Wally World, there are some nuggets of good advice in there.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    This is just another example of the downward spiral in this country. People don't have respect for others any more. Just because they are getting served food at a restaurant a person thinks "O I'm the customer so I can treat this person with utter disrespect and there will be no consequences" In your words WRONG WRONG and WRONG! I deal with these types on a daily basis-people like the OP specifically. I can tell you that they make life a living hell for everyone around them and are a stain on society. YOU are not as important as you think you are and nobody really cares that your meal or your service wasn't EXACTLY how you liked it. Sound like you just need to get over yourself and learn to put others first in your life because it sure sounds you're number one buddy. Let me know how that works 50 years down the road when you're on your deathbed and NO ONE is there by your side because you made everyones life a living hell.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you really think that just because you're the customer that you can walk into a place of business and treat people with the level of rudeness and contempt you indicate in this thread?

I bet you eat a lot of spit.

edit: if this is a copy/paste, and it's not yours, you really should indicate that, because as of now without you stating that, most people will assume it's your words and view you in a not so favorable light.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This thread is full of wonder. I suppose the OP brought it on himself by titling it "my"instead of leaving it all in quotes and putting the reference to where it came from at the beginning of the post.

Either way, Probably best that we all move along.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It was post #3 that I found most condescending. Kudos to Frank for having a lot more self control than I probably would have.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I only have two things to say..... I also am NOT a fan of male "waiters" unless a VERY HIGH CLASS JOINT". I used to travel out of state, a lot. I went to the same restaraunt 3 nights in a row. The third night, I asked for a FEMALE waitress, I told the greeter, I was tired of having a male waiter..... One thing that irritates me, is being requested, for a tip, BEFORE, I am served. There is a Buffet, here in Greenfield, that you pay B4, and they want you to tip, at this time. It is a buffet, self serve, all you have to do, is keep my drink full. If you serve me, you will recieve a tip..... JMHO, a tip, is EARNED .....

Top Bottom