• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I looked up the Burwell trigger job...to bad I don't have the confidence nor the tools or the experience to do all that!

I'll see how the natural break in goes. I really think this M&P is going to be a keeper so as we go down the road I'll re-evaluate getting trigger work done. Probably by someone who knows how though. :D

You really don't need to do the Burwell trigger job to have a nice trigger feel. I did it on a couple of mine because I'm a gun geek. Reshaping a sear is not for the faint of heart when a lifetime warranty is at stake. (That's why I have extra sears. :))

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The majic number for the trigger smoothing out and becoming perfect is 600. When I first got my "first" M&P I was going to get a trigger job done, thank god I didn't as when 600 came it was perfect, it would be a hair trigger had I done a trigger job. Just shoot it you will love it!

I just got my second M&P a couple weeks ago and the trigger is much smoother then my first one out of the box, don't know why.

Best side arm out there!

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yes, the triggers on M&Ps smooth out very nicely. I had them brken in naturally and I've done the famous Burwell trigger jobs to them. Either way, the triggers are much better than the initial gun shop dry-fire would indicate.

I just looked that trigger job up. It looks pretty darn similar to the fluff and buff I did on my G19, but more extensive.

Reppage

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    The majic number for the trigger smoothing out and becoming perfect is 600. When I first got my "first" M&P I was going to get a trigger job done, thank god I didn't as when 600 came it was perfect, it would be a hair trigger had I done a trigger job. Just shoot it you will love it!

I just got my second M&P a couple weeks ago and the trigger is much smoother then my first one out of the box, don't know why.

Best side arm out there!

Cool. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the only way to "fix" the trigger is to shoot and shoot some more! :yesway:

Top Bottom