• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    He bought the gun on the bottom of this picture today. His is a Smith & Wesson MP15. Mine on the top is a Wyndham Flat top with a Mepro. I cleaned both after shooting and the are lubed. Today was a good day. We made freedom ring. Loudly.

R2YDVPi.jpg

Last edited:

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Thanks all. His good days are getting few and far between. He doesn't feel so good sometimes lately. Today was a good day.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    He bought the gun on the bottom of this picture today. His is a Smith & Wesson MP15. Mine on the top is a Wyndham Flat top with a Mepro. I cleaned both after shooting and the are lubed. Today was a good day. We made freedom ring. Loudly.

R2YDVPi.jpg

:rockwoot:absolutely outstanding!!!

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I don't usually get all touchy feels but he had a spunk in him today that I don't think is going to occur again much in the future. Today was such a good day. We stood side by side and obliterated the target in gun fire in what seemed like a cadence. My old man and I were never the hugging sort but with his age I really wanted to. I didn't but he sat and talked to me while I cleaned his new rifle. That was nice.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't usually get all touchy feels but he had a spunk in him today that I don't think is going to occur again much in the future. Today was such a good day. We stood side by side and obliterated the target in gun fire in what seemed like a cadence. My old man and I were never the hugging sort but with his age I really wanted to. I didn't but he sat and talked to me while I cleaned his new rifle. That was nice.

The past and the future are both real. The present is just an illusory line between them. This doesn't mean it should be wasted, but seized and the life squeezed out of it. Just as you did with your Dad this day.
    I agree with not skipping the hugs. Sit down today and write him a letter telling him how much it meant to you. I guarantee you'll find it among his effects when he leaves us for the next world.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cherish the moment as you say there may not be many more. Let him know how much you enjoyed his fellowship.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to the delayed response. No. I did buy him an very nice Sig 1911 for Christmas but he called me out of the blue for advice and to take him to a LGS. He bought the AR with his own money.

Top Bottom