• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bat **** crazy? Yeah. Someone who goes in and shoots up a school is ****ing crazy.
    I couldn't disagree with this more. Violence like this goes against social norms, but plenty of people (if not everyone) is capable of committing violence of this magnitude while being perfectly sane and lucid. The act itself is not a diagnosis.

Reactions: Ark

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is smart on McCarthy's part. Terrible optics to bring a vote on this at this time.
    While I agree with this in principle, optics shouldn't matter one iota. There is never a good time to bring these type of things to a vote because democrats are not rational on the issue. They will turn it into bad optics no matter what.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    While I agree with this in principle, optics shouldn't matter one iota. There is never a good time to bring these type of things to a vote because democrats are not rational on the issue. They will turn it into bad optics no matter what.

The democrats aren't the issue. It's the press and consequently what the public perceives from what is "reported."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The point to stress is that the pistol brace is totally not relevant in what took place.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I understand your point, but it does not address the reality that for some reps that make up the republican party this could be the vote that loses their seat to a dem next election. At the end of the day, most RINO’s are representing their voting districts. Some have the moxie to do what they believe; think Boebert who narrowly won versus she could vote RINO and be easily elected.

But you are right on there never being a good time for optics, which is why the Hearing Protection Act did not get passed…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You slaughter innocent people, you dont deserve to be properly gendered. Full stop. FU killer, and FU "media" for having the "decency" to worry about their stupid pronouns in this situation. Its off the charts irrelevant.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    How long until mom gets asked to give a "TED Talk?" She's going to be excoriated for sending her kid to an "intolerant religious school." She will need to deflect that guilt somewhere. I don't know Mom's personal inclinations, but if she has the Publicity Hogg gene, her situation provides all the perfect starting material to become Sarah Brady 2.0. "Our precious Trans kids are struggling...our schools are failing them...we as parents are failing them...and most of all (cue Sarah McLachlan music), our Gun Policy is failing them." It's all too perfect, and the compassion complex will eat. It. Up.

"I thought I was doing everything I could to be a good mom...YOU could be next."

Last edited:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    IF Elisjsha Dicken had used a pistol brace, he may have put down the Greenwood Nut using less than 10 rounds.

I'll do the math...
    10 rounds flying through the air in a crowded mall is more dangerous to bystanders than less rounds doing the same job.
    <10 = More Better
    10 or 10> = Less Better

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Meh. I guess I have a higher tolerance. If you want to pick, Fine. Just pick one of the two. (And dont be a jerk about it)

Its when they claim neither or both that I cant take them seriously.
    I don't care what they pick. It's when they want to force me to play along that I want to throw the bit.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

Kudos to the NPD for releasing body cam footage showing the most recent images of the girl who fafo'd yesterday, rather than follow ALL media in playing along with this girl's confused, angry, mentally-perverse existence.

ETA: I personally don't care about the gender of the shooter. Fact is, based on the excellent marksmanship used to take this person down, the ME folks will have to look below the belt to determine gender.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You slaughter innocent people, you dont deserve to be properly gendered. Full stop. FU killer, and FU "media" for having the "decency" to worry about their stupid pronouns in this situation. Its off the charts irrelevant.
    I don't see this staying in the news long because it spreads bad light of those people who are mentally ill who can't figure out what gender they are. That itself is mental illness. That itself should bar them from owning or buying firearms because of mental illness.

Edit:

Just seen the body cam footage. They did an excellent job imo.
    Give them an award for going right after the shooter, and good team work.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just seen the body cam footage. They did an excellent job imo.
    Give them an award for going right after the shooter, and good team work.
    And make this required viewing for all departments nationwide. With the note "if you are not prepared to do this, you may turn in your badge at the end of your shift or request an immediate transfer to an unarmed position such as administrative, parking enforcement, etc."

Top Bottom