• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Something like 75%+ of the parents of students at the school signed on to bar the release. Including the victims parents. The scumbag's parents said they will go with what the victims parents want and signed over ownership to them.
    I don't care what they want or think. That evidence is in the possession of the public sector and subject to transparency. If they wanted it private they should have kept their little ghoul from murdering children. It became our business when she went out and started shooting kids.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't care what they want or think. That evidence is in the possession of the public sector and subject to transparency. If they wanted it private they should have kept their little ghoul from murdering children. It became our business when she went out and started shooting kids.
    If you read it, it's the parents of the victims, not the scumbag shooter.

As for it being in the possession of the public sector, should I go over some of the things that meet that same criteria?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If you read it, it's the parents of the victims, not the scumbag shooter.

As for it being in the possession of the public sector, should I go over some of the things that meet that same criteria?
    I'm aware. And? If they don't like it, they don't have to read it. They aren't the public's mommy.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm aware. And? If they don't like it, they don't have to read it. They aren't the public's mommy.
    You didn't answer my question, should I list some other things that are in the possession of the public sector?

Here is just a few to start, names and addresses of every LTCH holder, I remember when a newspaper put them online and INGO flipped out. Tax returns and social security numbers, LEOs addresses and most likely phone numbers. VA medical records. Shall I go on? Should all of those be available to anyone that wants them? They are after all in the possession of the public sector.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You didn't answer my question, should I list some other things that are in the possession of the public sector?

Here is just a few to start, names and addresses of every LTCH holder, I remember when a newspaper put them online and INGO flipped out. Tax returns and social security numbers, LEOs addresses and most likely phone numbers. VA medical records. Shall I go on? Should all of those be available to anyone that wants them? They are after all in the possession of the public sector.
    You think a dead person's writings, entered into evidence, are privileged information on par with a social security number? You know she's dead and has no right to privacy anymore, right?

This is just rationalizing feelings.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You think a dead person's writings, entered into evidence, are privileged information on par with a social security number? You know she's dead and has no right to privacy anymore, right?

This is just rationalizing feelings.
    Yes he's dead. He no longer owns his writings, the parents of the victims do.

And your argument for releasing them was simply that they were in the possession of the public sector. Same as everything I listed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We say "because it doesn't fit the narrative" and I think that's true in this case. But, this is not the first time "officials" have hidden news because they're afraid it will have some social consequence. This has been the case as long as I can remember. And it's not necessarily partisan.

Maybe there is a collective social cost to society knowing such things. And if that's true, maybe there is utility in "officials" protecting the public from it.

But. If there is a legitimate reason like a societal harm if they do, "officials" I would think it should be consistent. I'm saying this in case there was actually sincere thought by "officials" put towards social damage it might cause. It's ***damn hard to extend the benefit of doubt to "officials'" sincerity when they remember to think the potential of social harm when it's a left wing nutter, and not a right wing nutter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The good news is it's still just male and female, the rest is just make-believe.

The make-believers still do make things confusing for the rest of us though.
    We shouldn't need to bother ourselves with what the rules of gender are for nutty people. Once we've figured out all the blather is coming from ClownWorld™ just tell them to FATWO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As far as the family of the shooter having any say in whether their daughter's penned thoughts should be made public, they have none. They don't own the product of their offspring, regardless of whether they have any responsibility in what their daughter became.

Personally, I think she was indoctrinated by social media and nutty faculty. And I think for the people who thought this should be kept from the public, THAT's a public harm. Society needs to understand why this is happening.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    We shouldn't need to bother ourselves with what the rules of gender are for nutty people. Once we've figured out all the blather is coming from ClownWorld™ just tell them to FATWO.
    Oh, I definitely agree with you, I'm not trying to play their silly pronoun games, nor have I ever suffered from the slightest confusion on how to refer to a person in front of me, regardless of how they try to hide their real gender.

The confusion I'm referring to stems from cases like this when news articles are reporting on someone previously unknown, and we're trying to sift through whether the articles saying "she" are reality and the ones saying "he" are make-believe, or vice versa. Normally you can just look at the source of the article and tell, but in the early stages of this particular tragedy I remember most were just relaying scant information from the same few reports, and then when it started coming out that the shooter was "trans" there was a moment where many of us thought maybe the initial reports of the shooter being a woman were just part of the Clownworld make-believe, and it was really a man. At least that's my recollection.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    See above.

As for believing that the victims parents don't want it released, how many times has it been said on INGO that they shouldn't even print/say the scumbags names to keep from giving them any "fame" and/or encouraging other scumbags?
    Ok, that is an angle that makes sense... that it adds to the shooter's infamy.

Top Bottom