Multi-tools...what are you carrying, and how?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Looking at the sog website, it looks like you can buy individual tools to mix and match what is in your multitool. Interesting.
    Also Gerber mentioned above... I love my suspension. It stays on my battle belt. I hand sewed to modify a fabric milsurp pistol mag pouch for it because the sheath it comes with is crap.
    Screenshot_20240222-082529_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Seriously, I could see carrying the ruler knife and the other contraption would be a great paperweight for a desk as a conversation starter!

Are either of these available or were they one-off builds?
    --Rick
    After researching multitools i get these images on my fb feed all the time. I'm now in a multitool group or two... I really went from owning 1 to going down the rabbit hole and entering another subculture. :-)
    All that to say, those pics are just screen shots I saved because they look cool.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I carry a leatherman supertool 300. I had a 200, but I managed to break it so they upgraded me. I just drop it in my front right pocket. I work in construction so having a pair of pliers constantly on hand has never done me wrong.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I've carried a SAK in the past, but came to the conclusion that the tweezers were the most useful tool on it. The other tools are kind of flimsy and hard to get out, IMO.
    I have carried and used a SAK for decades.....not sure of the model but it has all I need and little I do not..even the corkscrew has opened untold number of wine bottles. Like the toothpick, can and Bottle opener a good bit too.
    20240222_133211.jpg

Last edited:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Leatherman PST II in left front pocket. Not real big or fancy, but then again, I am not rebuilding an engine or installing a new kitchen with it. If I need some serious work done, than I get a serious tool. But it does the job when I need some lightweight "adjustments" done. For day to day use, can't beat it. Like it so much that I bought a 2nd one just in case this one disappears. Odd how some friends count on me to have it on hand when needed.:dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom