• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mourdock could be caught having sex with an underage goat on top of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument and I'd still vote for him over that Obama/Pelosi/Reid-rubber stamp Donnely.

Me too.

But I've got a feeling his inartful statements will be his undoing.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How many of you people on here that are trashing Mourdock have ever actually talked to him? Actually listened to him speak, longer than a 3 second sound bite that the Dems pulled out of an entire speech and are running endlessly? Spent time with him? Have gotten to know him?
    I have, and I consider us fortunate if he gets elected. The man spoke his heart, that ALL life is a gift from God, from conception. No matter what manner it was conceived in, that Life is precious and had no choice in how it was brought into this world. He, of course, believes rape to be the horrible act that it is, however, the Jerry Springer-American Idol watching, bloodthirsty America is SO easily distracted from substance that they are oh-so-ready to believe whatever character-assassination trash is thrown in front of them. I am voting Mourdock and would consider this country lucky to have 99 more just like him in the Senate!
    Bread and circusses ........

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    ^^ This ever so much. The more I hear him, the better I like him. The points his opponents have pulled out as negative I happen to like about him. Their mudslinging ads have only made me want to vote for him more.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    however, the Jerry Springer-American Idol watching, bloodthirsty America is SO easily distracted from substance that they are oh-so-ready to believe whatever character-assassination trash is thrown in front of them. I am voting Mourdock and would consider this country lucky to have 99 more just like him in the Senate!

Pence and Team Romney are Springer fans? Their knee jerk reactions to Mourdock's words were to throw him under the bus. Either they showed poor leadership and a lack of nerve, or Mourdock was in the wrong.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Pence and Team Romney are Springer fans? Their knee jerk reactions to Mourdock's words were to throw him under the bus. Either they showed poor leadership and a lack of nerve, or Mourdock was in the wrong.

i've never understood by the GOP are so quick to distance themselves from their own teammates. I gotta hand it to the Dems, they circle the wagons and protect their own.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How many of you people on here that are trashing Mourdock have ever actually talked to him? Actually listened to him speak, longer than a 3 second sound bite that the Dems pulled out of an entire speech and are running endlessly? Spent time with him? Have gotten to know him?
    I have, and I consider us fortunate if he gets elected. The man spoke his heart, that ALL life is a gift from God, from conception. No matter what manner it was conceived in, that Life is precious and had no choice in how it was brought into this world. He, of course, believes rape to be the horrible act that it is, however, the Jerry Springer-American Idol watching, bloodthirsty America is SO easily distracted from substance that they are oh-so-ready to believe whatever character-assassination trash is thrown in front of them. I am voting Mourdock and would consider this country lucky to have 99 more just like him in the Senate!

You're wasting your breath, er, finger energy.

Mourdock isn't Horning so our cohort of Libertarians will attach themselves to any detail that they can use to tear him down. Woe unto the man who isn't the slick tongue of modern politician for the wrath of the libs is strong and vengeful.

But I'm glad to hear some firsthand information. :yesway: THank you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

In case your comments were partially directed toward my post:

I have never met the guy. I didn't listen to the debate. But as I heard the sound bite, your interpretation is exactly what I thought he meant--two evil acts don't make for right.

Because you're spot on with your "Jerry Springer-American Idol watching, bloodthirsty" analysis, is exactly why I'm afraid his comments may cost him the election.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I never liked Mourdock from the get go. His entire campaign was "Vote for me, I'm not Dick Lugar."

I got a little more than that out of his campaign. At any rate, that should be sufficient enough since one of our staunchest libertarians has it on record right here on INGO that anybody but Lugar was a good enough standard this time around.

Besides, if the worse people can say about Mourdock is that he's not a master craftsman at syntax such that he leaves doubt to which antecedent the pronoun is referring, I'm really not all that worried.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

They witnessed the evisceration bestowed upon Mourdock for being open and honest and went to the save-your-skin-and-give-the-mob-what-they-want-save-your-a$$ soundbite.
    Witnessing what is currently happening to Mourdock, can you really blame them?

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mourdock isn't Horning so our cohort of Libertarians will attach themselves to any detail that they can use to tear him down. Woe unto the man who isn't the slick tongue of modern politician for the wrath of the libs is strong and vengeful.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I'm voting for Mourdock. For the same reason I can not ever vote for Newt Gingrich. Joe Donnelly and Gingrich are too buddy buddy with the Pelosi/Reed team from hell.

Romney, Mourdock, Pence, Young, Bennett, and Butch Zike

And NO to retaining judge David Stevens.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I managed to talk to him for over 15 minutes during the primary season while his handlers were trying to get him away. Walked away knowing he deserved my vote.

One of the main things I keep in mind when voting is:

How will this person represent me on issues where they have or could likely have the deciding vote?

Right now the most concerning issue facing us at a national level is the economy and I think the Senate is the most critical battle right now. If Obama wins reelection and the Dems gain House Seats, it will be a line of defense to have the Senate tilted more to fiscal conservatism and I believe Mourdock is on that side of the aisle.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    With 9 kids, the deficit is my #1 issue. Debt reduction is my litmus test for ANY candidate right now. I view it as our number 1 national security and future prosperity threat.

I don't care for Mourdock, but he beats Joe on that issue, hands down.

Go Mourdock!!

d8e72ccd-864a-403a-a362-d004c83dc3db

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

They witnessed the evisceration bestowed upon Mourdock for being open and honest and went to the save-your-skin-and-give-the-mob-what-they-want-save-your-a$$ soundbite.
    Witnessing what is currently happening to Mourdock, can you really blame them?

Mr Galt is spot on!

Mourdock has never changed his position. Agree with his beliefs or not, he has not changed his position from the get go. Yes, the rats will jump ship thinking they'll distance themselves from the spin doctors. One day maybe all of our side will have the nads that Mourdock has. We need to make sure he wins to bolster this.

The naysayers repeat all the BS the libs want to chant and pile on with. The same folks that want to use "TEA party" as a dirty word are the ones who will use sound bites over issues to make their point.

Top Bottom