• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Weren't Ron Paul and Rupert summarily dismissed here because of their speaking abilities?
    It's different when the candidate actually says things they believe in. Unfortunately, for the Mourdock supporters, the Howie poll is usually right on the money. Mourdock was a bad choice to begin with and is now toast. Best that they learn how to write nice letters to their democratic senator to sway his positioning on issues dear to their hearts.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    With 9 kids, the deficit is my #1 issue. Debt reduction is my litmus test for ANY candidate right now. I view it as our number 1 national security and future prosperity threat.

I don't care for Mourdock, but he beats Joe on that issue, hands down.

Go Mourdock!!

d8e72ccd-864a-403a-a362-d004c83dc3db

Mourdock is also strong on the 2A. Just look at him...

opening%203-11.jpg

I thought he was against gay marriage...Oh well, there's always an issue or two where we disagree...

opening%2021-13.jpg

Ok, I'm done now. I promise!

I am almost ashamed to say I still love that show.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Weren't Ron Paul and Rupert summarily dismissed here because of their speaking abilities?

Are you attempting to say they were or legitimately asking a question?

Do you believe in the "two wrongs make a right" philosophy?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Idiots are for Murdock

I think it would be more accurate to say that Murdock was for the idiots.

Paul consistently fails to deliver a message in terms people can understand. Who cares if he wants to end the Fed? He pounded the pulpit but never really did a decent job of explaining why the Fed was bad and why eliminating it was good. He says exactly what he means, but it's on a level most Americans don't/can't/won't understand. Big difference between Paul and Mourdock is that Paul consistently ignored the communication barrier. Mourdock at least attempted to clarify his remarks in language that was clearer. Paul has never done that. He just repeats the same talking points. One of the drawbacks of not having people on the campaign that can bridge the candidate to the masses I guess. And if he did, they should return their salary.

It's different when the candidate actually says things they believe in. Unfortunately, for the Mourdock supporters, the Howie poll is usually right on the money. Mourdock was a bad choice to begin with and is now toast. Best that they learn how to write nice letters to their democratic senator to sway his positioning on issues dear to their hearts.

I've never once read a post from a certain subset of Paul supporters that had the honesty to admit that Paul screwed the pooch when it came to communications. Whether it was nukes for Iran or racist twattle, there was always some excuse that completely disconnected Paul from any ownership. It was always, "Those weren't HIS words" or "That wasn't what he said." If people misunderstood or took it out of context or just fabricated a message that wasn't there, it was always the fault of the people. Paul's words were pure, golden, infallible. But when the tables are turned and it's not your candidate, well, he's just an idiot and if he can't say things so without a screw up or so that people don't misunderstand, that's HIS fault, not the people's.

So, you'd be 100% correct: it is different when it's the candidate you support.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I am voting for Murdoch...in fact I got an email about wearing your Murdoch shirt to church tomorrow....what he said is the belief of many religious people. Many belief that a baby is a baby no matter how it was conceived.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    This guy pulled an Akin in the worst way.. That had to be one of the bigger debate foot in mouth stunts I have seen in a long while.

He did not say anything wrong, the media did one of the worst butcher jobs on taking his words out of context.

Mourdock stated, "“I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God,” Mourdock said. “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

The media has cut the comment down to the latter part to make people think Mourdock believes that the rape was something that God intended to happen. There is nothing controversial about his full statement.

Mainstream media twists Mourdock's comments about God and life into something unrecognizable | Fox News

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I got a little more than that out of his campaign. At any rate, that should be sufficient enough since one of our staunchest libertarians has it on record right here on INGO that anybody but Lugar was a good enough standard this time around.

Besides, if the worse people can say about Mourdock is that he's not a master craftsman at syntax such that he leaves doubt to which antecedent the pronoun is referring, I'm really not all that worried.

I'm totally voting for the guy (again) given the alternatives, but I have to admit his first campaign (which I followed pretty closely) left me pretty bitter on him. I think he wasted a chance to put conservative ideals front and center, and instead spent his time producing a silly jib-jab style cartoon. Releasing that spoke volumes to me about what I think is his real character, I hope I'm wrong.

As to the much maligned comment, I actually agree with it, though he could have expressed the point I think he was trying to make in a much better way.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    He did not say anything wrong, the media did one of the worst butcher jobs on taking his words out of context.

Mourdock stated, "“I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God,” Mourdock said. “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

The media has cut the comment down to the latter part to make people think Mourdock believes that the rape was something that God intended to happen. There is nothing controversial about his full statement.

Mainstream media twists Mourdock's comments about God and life into something unrecognizable | Fox News

Mourdock said what he meant, and I believe he means what he says. It doesn't matter if you think he meant that the rape was intended by god, or the pregnancy was intended by god, both are equally deplorable. It suggests that there is a god who intends for the rape victim to suffer the agony of a pregnancy caused by rape. What other interpretation of his words could there possibly be?

It's incredibly easy to say "a baby is a baby" when it's not your sister, mother or daughter who has been raped. I don't believe in late term abortions, and partial-birth abortions are particularly heinous, but if the woman decides in the first couple of weeks that she can't bear the child of her rapist, terminating the pregnancy before viability of the fetus is not something that I think is inherently wrong. Especially if done via the "morning after" emergency contraception pill. I believe that Mourdock would make that choice illegal if given the chance.

Also, he pronounces Washington "Warshington." Completely unacceptable. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I always get in trouble for this, but what the hell, here we go.
    Is this where we start the list of all who helped elect Donnelly, thus Harry Reid?

Solitaire
    mrjarrell
    whipfinish
    BigMoose
    downzero
    rwstahlh

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is this where we start the list of all who helped elect Donnelly, thus Harry Reid?

Solitaire
    mrjarrell
    whipfinish
    BigMoose
    downzero
    CTS
    rwstahlh

You forgot my name. You should probably add Mourdock to that list as well. Are you going to lead the calls for violence against those of us who refused to vote for your chosen tyrant?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Add me too. I'm voting against him, thought I haven't decided via who yet.

It isn't like whatever retaliatory action that might come from compiling a list is going to be anything other than impotent.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Solitaire
    mrjarrell
    whipfinish
    BigMoose
    downzero
    CTS
    rwstahlh
    I won't be helping Donnelly in the least. Mourdock did that all on his own. My vote will go to Andy Horning who, as a consummate gentleman, actually defended your doltish candidate. As has been the case with many gop candidates, you people chose poorly.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    You forgot my name. You should probably add Mourdock to that list as well. Are you going to lead the calls for violence against those of us who refused to vote for your chosen tyrant?

Well said^

This rhetoric is tiring and uneducated. If you don't vote for said D/R you're putting two votes in the box for other said R/D. The only wasted vote is a vote for someone you don't support.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Witnessing what is currently happening to Mourdock, can you really blame them?

Honestly? Yes. It's called leadership. If someone is willing to throw an ally under the bus to help their election chances, what are they going to do to help themself get re-elected? The Dems are still pointing at Mourdock to try to make a case against Pence (and a Congressional candidate up this direction).

They could have instead defended Mourdock's right to his faith and then pointed out that attacking a candidate's faith has no place in politics. Control the situation/conversation or do what they did and let their opponents have the control.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Solitaire
    mrjarrell
    whipfinish
    BigMoose
    downzero
    CTS
    rwstahlh
    hornadylnl
    Stickfight
    slimplmbr

..Are you going to lead the calls for violence against those of us...

Not the way we roll. That kind of action comes from your side.
    Warning NSFW:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNAKTPMk9W4

Top Bottom