• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I don't doubt for a second they exist in Indiana though not nearly in the numbers reports would indicate since even where they are plentiful they are rarely seen. You'd be surprised how many people have never seen a bobcat or have no idea what one looks like. Often people don't even see the animal clearly, they see a largish cat and assume it is mountain lion. As for house cats, seen at a distance with no reference for scale they can fool a lot of people. See the Noblesville photos and video for an example.

I thought this might be a cougar, but there is something in the picture to help with scale. Look at the horse over 200 yards farther back than the cat. Definitely not a cougar. My brother has a friend that lives 10 or 15 miles south of Martinsville. They swear they have been seeing tracks for years bigger than his fist. Recently they got some trail cam pics of what my brother says is a pregnant female mountain loin. I will try again to get the pics so I can post them. I have not seen the pics....and my brother did see bigfoot a couple of times....well maybe I will get some pics.

Well, I asked him to get the pics. He said it fooled them. Once enlarged, they could tell it was a Bobcat. :( He does still claim to have seen tracks.

Last edited:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    One has been spotted n/o Potato Creek State Park in St.Joseph co. for a few years now.Heard it was seen on the shore of Lake of the Woods just last week.Was in Tennessee as a child,walked near dark down a old road with my older brother,and one walked in the woods next to us for a 1/2 mile or so,and it made sounds like a baby,a woman,and other sounds. During mating season ,they make a racket on their range walk. The DNR will never admit to nothing .

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Had something ( big kitty?? ) wake me up the other night. Not a bobcat but I was woke up about 3 am and went out with a spot light and my mossy 930 came in behind the animal and lit it up with my spotlight. About 25 yards out in heavy brush and all I saw was yellow eyes and it moved out pretty quickly I followed it about 75 yards and it turned twice to watch me before moved thru the fence row. May sound like a story but the distance between its eyes was bigger than a household cat. 3-4”? I didn’t have a clear shot and I don’t shoot at just anything without knowing what it is.. day later neighbor posted a picture from his trail cam. I called a friend who is a DNR officer and told him what i saw and sent the screenshot of the trail cam post. I haven’t loaded the picture up but will when I get back to work.
    DNR says it’s a household cat that just looks big. You all can decide..

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I think its strange if you google the address in Fowler it comes up with 6 acres for sale on realtor.com. Lame way to advertise property. Wonder what the address was for the sighting in Veedersburg and if that property is for sale also.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Another sighting in Nashville area I heard. Anybody else hear about this yet? With deer season upon us, I will be surprised if there aren't a few more seen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    Dont you guys find it out that none of these so called lions are ever spotted with trail cameras? Especially this time of year?

i find it weird too but i cant say that id let anyone know if i got one on my cams. im sure im not thinking of something but i dont know what benefit it would be to let everyone find out there is one or a pair around. think id just let it do its thing

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    From a couple of years ago in Perry County....DNR doubted us as well....

rimg.php
    rimg.php
    rimg.php
    rimg.php

I know this is an old thread but just realized that kitty is from the 'hood. Crazy critter is carrying a knife that fell out of his pocket with his spare change. I bet it has an unregistered ghost gun too! Just watch out for Leroy "Mostly" Brown from the ghetto...

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Grizzley bears are wild animals im sure they dont obey state lines why are they not around here? Because this area is not in their natural habitat, same as mountain lions. I hear alot that people say big cats are rarely seen, so they dodge trail cameras too? Sorry until i see valid proof they are around i just cannot believe they are here. Sorry if you dont agree with me we cant all agree on everything.

Actually this IS the natural habitat of mountain lions. They were here prior to being killed off.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    [FONT=&quot]
    Cougar%20Timeline_image074.jpg
    [FONT=&quot]2010[/FONT][/FONT]

• Cougar%20Timeline_image021.gif
      In May, 2010 IndianaDepartment of Natural Resources' motion-activated cameras officially record the first verified mountain lion in the state since they were extirpated sometime between 1850 and 1865.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    [FONT=&amp]
    Cougar%20Timeline_image074.jpg
    [FONT=&amp]2010[/FONT][/FONT]

• Cougar%20Timeline_image021.gif
      In May, 2010 IndianaDepartment of Natural Resources' motion-activated cameras officially record the first verified mountain lion in the state since they were extirpated sometime between 1850 and 1865.

guess that one isnt as smart as the others here

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    guess that one isnt as smart as the others here

That was a DNR camera, so they published it. There are lots of people in Indiana who would NOT share such a photo. Heck, the DNR wanted permission to come on my farm and set up traps and cameras for hogs. I would not allow it for fear they would find some nearly extinct plant or spotted salamander and I would lose some control over my property. I know someone who has a game cam photo of a cougar with two Cubs, but he does not want the DNR to know about it.

Top Bottom