• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Revzilla has been one of my go-to places for moto stuff for years. Today I received an e-mail entitled.
    "Proud supporters of the LGBTQIA+ riding community"
    I saw enough to unsubscribe. Someone less "woke" will get my money.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    But hot chicks love to ride!
    My wife doesn't ride. A long time ago I was involved in a multiple motorcycle wreck due to one of the leaders got hit and we were traveling in a caravan. I had to hit the ditch to avoid the pile up that ensued. I had a passenger that got injured and I got a couple broken bones and road (ditch?) rash. No riding in large groups and no passengers since that day. Lesson learned. I thank the Lord nobody was killed.
    My sister was thrown from a bike with my stepbrother as the driver due to a drunk driver hitting them while visiting Connecticut. He lost part of his spleen and stomach. Multiple staples in his scalp to reconstruct his coconut. She got a little goose egg on her temple and she died from a subdural hematoma.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My wife doesn't ride. A long time ago I was involved in a multiple motorcycle wreck due to one of the leaders got hit and we were traveling in a caravan. I had to hit the ditch to avoid the pile up that ensued. I had a passenger that got injured and I got a couple broken bones and road (ditch?) rash. No riding in large groups and no passengers since that day. Lesson learned. I thank the Lord nobody was killed.
    My sister was thrown from a bike with my stepbrother as the driver due to a drunk driver hitting them while visiting Connecticut. He lost part of his spleen and stomach. Multiple staples in his scalp to reconstruct his coconut. She got a little goose egg on her temple and she died from a subdural hematoma.
    Sorry to hear all that. Yes it is dangerous and all we can do is stay as safe as possible.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Wondering if anyone rides? I’m on the northside of Indy, and am a newer rider.

Hope to see some of you guys out on the road when the weather gets nicer!
    Riding shadow 750 daily, probably most reliable bike I owned, not fast as sport but can achieve 105 mph, which is enough to kill lol

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Any GOOD shops in the northern part of Indiana?

My bike (2008 Kawi Concours14) is getting shipped up here from AZ as I type. I had the front brakes flushed and bled late last year, and the fronts have had an issue where if the bike isn’t used for awhile, they go soft. Like it takes 4-5 pumps for them to have the correct level of bite, and those same 4-5 pumps are required EACH time the fronts are used. Like there’s air in the line, but the shop that did the work (initial and bring back) is a reputable race shop, so I’m not sure what to think there. Not that it matters, because I’m not shipping the bike back to AZ for them to be redone again, LOL.

Anyway, I need a shop to look it over. The front lines are original so I know they need to be replaced, and they MAY be the aource of the problem. But I never noticed any leaking fluid anywhere, nor did my father (who stored the bike for three months for me until it got picked up, and is an engineer and life-long bike rider and gearhead). It’s an ABS model, so my fear is the ABS unit is dying which is going to be a spendy fix, but the C14 will be our only other transportation aside from our single car, sooo I’ll have to fork over the dough either way.

But I’ve had absolute NIGHTMARES dealing with shops in the past. I don’t have the time or desire to dick around with incompetent techs, or the money to just throw parts at it.

TL;DR - new guy up north needs good import bike shop staffed by knowledgeable techs and not hacks, LOL. Thanks!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Another day of dual hobbies. :thumbsup:
    Drove MC to Shelbyville to sell a gun to a friend, which took me 25 minutes to get there, but took me an hour taking the long way back home! :rockwoot:
    You are making us younger guys look bad...but I like it!! Please keep it up so we can live vicariously thru you!!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I want motorcycle techs to stop frigging with my mirrors. Across 3 different bikes I've owned going to 3 different shops, I always end up with one of my mirrors swinging in the breeze within the next few weeks.

Also I like messing with Harley guys because Harley has the most BSing/crap talking fanboys. If someone ever tells your bike isn't a "real" bike, they're probably a Harley fanboy.

Top Bottom