• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This adorable lil guy parked next to me today. I think it might fit in my saddle bag.

View attachment 140847

I have to fess up seeing that pic.

I don't park in town a lot. I'm getting better about it, but it's still not always second nature for me to back into parking spots.

I still occasionally find myself "the rookie rider," when other riders park after I do. Them parked in a fashion to leave without backing the bike up, when I did not.
    :ugh:

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have to fess up seeing that pic.

I don't park in town a lot. I'm getting better about it, but it's still not always second nature for me to back into parking spots.

I still occasionally find myself "the rookie rider," when other riders park after I do. Them parked in a fashion to leave without backing the bike up, when I did not.
    I confess, I often pull in.

My bike isn't big, and I figure the extra time it times to paddle backwards gives the engine some time to warm up.

Also, that's big oil cooler for such a small bike.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Went out for a rain ride a couple days ago.

Got to think people thought I was nuts. Didn't leave the house until after the rain had started. With proper gear, the rain doesn't bother me. With good tires it is just not an issue, the Michelin Road 5 tires are amazing in wet conditions.

I do it both ways, just depends on the parking lot. My bike weighs about 550#, so not a big deal to back out or back in or whatever. I tend to back it in if I will be leaving the space after dark. During the daytime I don't care too much, but at night in a parking lot, I don't want to be backing it out of a space and get clipped by a car because he doesn't see the bike. Headlamp coming out of a parking spot is a lot more visible than the taillamp, especially since have hard cases on the bike 98% of the time.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I confess, I often pull in.

My bike isn't big, and I figure the extra time it times to paddle backwards gives the engine some time to warm up.

Also, that's big oil cooler for such a small bike.
    I believe it’s actually water-cooled.

My bike is damn near 1000 lbs. It has reverse, but I rarely use it unless I have to back up an incline.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    This adorable lil guy parked next to me today. I think it might fit in my saddle bag.

View attachment 140847
    That little one looks like an Intruder. Always liked the look of them. Never had one. Too many bikes too little time/money.
    Every time I see yours chez, it reminds me of the Wing I had. Same color, same model. Road couch. Smooth as heck going down the highway.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That little one looks like an Intruder. Always liked the look of them. Never had one. Too many bikes too little time/money.
    Every time I see yours chez, it reminds me of the Wing I had. Same color, same model. Road couch. Smooth as heck going down the highway.
    Yes sir! I love it. and it’s surprising agile for its size... like me! :cool:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yesterday and today I took Dasha out for rides on my wife's bike. Mine has a cargo rack in place of the rear seat so far less comfortable for a passenger. Dasha is a Russian saber fencing champion, who was one of my students a few years ago, and is now a student at Notre Dame as well as fences varsity for the team, helping it earn AAC and NCAA championships this year. She spends holidays with us and parts of her break. She wants to learn how to ride, I tried to teach her last year but I gave up on that and told her she needed to take a class. She really needs to learn on a lighter bike than I own. Also had a bit of helmet fun with our foster son.

A82980C8-F2C6-43B4-906B-4666A1D89810.jpeg
    tempImageBVr0lW.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Not many options for aftermarket seats for the CB, not in the US at least. Anybody know amy places that might be able to reupholster a bike seat, maybe at some padding/gel? Preferably someone with experience in motorcycle seats and the closer to NWI the better.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Anyone use a heated liner or jacket? I'm looking at a Tourmaster Synergy. I think this one plugs into the bike, not a li-po in the jacket/liner type.
    pros-cons, experience?
    I may only use it a few times a year.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Anyone use a heated liner or jacket? I'm looking at a Tourmaster Synergy. I think this one plugs into the bike, not a li-po in the jacket/liner type.
    pros-cons, experience?
    I may only use it a few times a year.
    I have a HOTWIRED brand heated liner. It is a simple 3 heat system, low, medium, high and off. The controller is built into the jacket, which is convenient, but is also impossible to adjust while riding. Tourmaster uses a dial to control the heat. Some brands have wireless heat controls. Many of the heat controls connect to your handlebars. Take your choice.

Most of the brands are hardwired into the bike, direct to the battery. Stay away from the battery pack models, they run at lower voltage and don't last very long. The various brands of hardwired jacket liners work very well under a windproof motojacket.

I've ridden down into the 30's in comfort wearing a heated jacket. My legs could have used heated liners on those days but instead I wore a few layers, and then a pair of Klim Gore-Tex over pants on top of jeans, which had long underwear as a base layer. My torso was toasty warm but my legs eventually got cold.

Rev'it winter motorcycle gloves, unheated, are good into the low 40's for an hour or two, but, like my legs, eventually my fingers get cold.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Thanks melensdad. My legs do pretty good when I put in the rain liner and the regular liner. My upper body could use a little more heat around the arms/elbows and some in the torso. With my heated grips I've never needed more than lined gloves.
    Most of this is caused by the air that comes in below the fairing and above the lowers (Harley Ultra Limited). I looked into a diverter but was told it doesn't work on this model. Unlike chezuki's Goldwing, Harleys let some of that wind hit between your knees and elbows. Need it in the summer but Goldwings have the colder weather edge (but not a hot weather edge IMHO).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . . Most of this is caused by the air that comes in below the fairing and above the lowers (Harley Ultra Limited). I looked into a diverter but was told it doesn't work on this model. Unlike chezuki's Goldwing, Harleys let some of that wind hit between your knees and elbows. Need it in the summer but Goldwings have the colder weather edge (but not a hot weather edge IMHO).
    I currently ride and ADV/Touring bike, they flow lots of air. Not as much as a naked bike, but lots of air!

Generally I ride as often as possible, rain or shine. But I admit that this is not a cold weather machine. So the heated jacket, under a waterproof shell, is what I need down to freezing weather.

A2icVcSYTzu%6t55G7UhZw.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I usually ride around Kokomo but the broken neck kills long rides as my arms go numb fairly fast. Dr. Khairi is not real hip on my one handed riding technique but I am putting off the 15° neck range of motion surgery until I can't handle the pain or steroid injections.

Top Bottom