• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A fair amount of the cruzer riders we run into out here in the rural areas make up for riding without gear by riding 5-ish mph under the speed limit. Sadly, some of them think the same way as the bicyclists that don't mind holding up long lines of traffic as they "share the road." :rolleyes:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A fair amount of the cruzer riders we run into out here in the rural areas make up for riding without gear by riding 5-ish mph under the speed limit. Sadly, some of them think the same way as the bicyclists that don't mind holding up long lines of traffic as they "share the road." :rolleyes:
    This is the main reason I try not to ride on the weekends as much. Another thing down here are "Jeep Rallys", a couple hundred jeeps nose to tail with arms and legs sticking out every opening. They also tend to have trouble keeping on the roadway and drop 2 tires off the shoulder on every tight turn. The gravel they kick up keeps you on your toes!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Well, not all the time. I do have to fit in after all. :)
    BTW, I believe HD Bloomington is having their first bike night w/free music this Friday. Come on out if you can INGO-er bikers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, one of those riders cut me off in the roundabout.

His radio was cranked so high I doubt he heard my bike's horn.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe honk the horn, wave the hand (or finger), then put as much space between us as possible; and that might mean that I pull over and stop or turn off the street, etc.

There's no sense in making a bad situation a deadly one.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    A guy in one of my bike groups on Facebook went down and got some nasty rash which reminded me, I highly recommend Tegaderm for treatment of sudden introductions between skin and road surfacing materials.

jax1463

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2021
    A guy in one of my bike groups on Facebook went down and got some nasty rash which reminded me, I highly recommend Tegaderm for treatment of sudden introductions between skin and road surfacing materials.
    I hope your friend recovers well. Never like to hear when fellow riders go down. I'll look into adding some Tagaderm to the medicine cabinet, for when I get taken out by another left turner. It's almost always the left turners! Keep the rubber side down!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I hope your friend recovers well. Never like to hear when fellow riders go down. I'll look into adding some Tagaderm to the medicine cabinet, for when I get taken out by another left turner. It's almost always the left turners! Keep the rubber side down!
    I don't even know the guy, just another member of a Facebook group I'm in. Posted a pic with some nasty road rash and it reminded me

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Posted a pic with some nasty road rash and it reminded me
    One would think that simply wearing some basic gear would have probably saved him that rash, and been cheaper than the medical bills associated with it.

Seriously, discount moto pants and a basic jacket with 600+ denier cordura would have probably set him back a grand total of $250, my guess is the emergency room cost him over a $1000.

Fancy moto pants and a high end jacket would have been more like $500/$600, still half the price of a band-aid applied at the emergency room.

And if he had a waaa2 ride then, that alone, would cost him another $750.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom