bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Makes you think doesn't it?

In the real world, I wouldn't trust most modern day farmers to not take offense and give a little wiggle.

Reminds me of when I started riding thirty years ago. A seasoned Harley rider friend of mine was telling how to get up close to the rear bumper of semi trailers on the interstates. Said you can ride pretty fast and be out of the wind. :n00b:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Today would have been to a good day to ride, if work didn't get in the way. :(

I did see a Harley rider with his thick wool cap, cloth wrapping his whole face...

I always laugh see that - if only there was some sort hat, that also covered your face, it'd keep you warm and maybe could help you if you crashed...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I did see a Harley rider with his thick wool cap, cloth wrapping his whole face...

I always laugh see that - if only there was some sort hat, that also covered your face, it'd keep you warm and maybe could help you if you crashed...
    I saw similar today and thought the same thing. Guy wearing a balaclava, ski hat, and goggles.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    As soon as the first hint of spring peeks out, I'm getting a new bike. Kinda going crazy without one in this so far mild December but I'm waiting to close on a house at the moment

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

Lol! My 6-7 yo Scorpion T1100 was showing its age, and I was looking for liner and shield replacements... then I found a deal on just replacing it:

EXO-T510_Nexus_Red_front_ang.jpg_3.10_jpg.jpg

Flip-down shades are a requirement for me... sometimes the twisty county roads point me towards the sun, sometimes they put me in the shade...

$86 on closeout for my oversized melon. :)

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    [video=youtube;yvLOUB-yh4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLOUB-yh4s&feature=emb_rel_end[/video]

Pretty informative and entertaining I thought.
    Not being into the adventure bikes much I don't have any preconceived notions on how one should look, so I don't think the front end looks THAT godawful !!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just the battery. I rode it the next day to work. Going to have a warming trend coming this week so my fat arse will be riding.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I do as soon as the engine is cool enough to not melt my cover because I hate washing it. I actually bought the cover for my old Super Glide Sport and was happy to see it fit this Dyna.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't cover mine, but it lives in a pole barn. I hardly ever wash my bike, unless getting caught in the rain, mud or fording creeks. Even then, often an immediate wipe down takes care of things.

My 12 year bike looks brand new. I get told that by passers by routinely.

The old girl gets a quick wipe down after every ride to knock the bugs off. Once in a while it gets a wipe after a week or few of dust accumulation before the ride.

Lemon Pledge on a microfiber towel takes care of it all.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I don't cover mine, but it lives in a pole barn. I hardly ever wash my bike, unless getting caught in the rain, mud or fording creeks. Even then, often an immediate wipe down takes care of things.

My 12 year bike looks brand new. I get told that by passers by routinely.

The old girl gets a quick wipe down after every ride to knock the bugs off. Once in a while it gets a wipe after a week or few of dust accumulation before the ride.

Lemon Pledge on a microfiber towel takes care of it all.

Lemon pledge??? No kidding.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lemon pledge??? No kidding.

Wasn't my idea. I read it on a motorcycle forum. I was skeptical myself until I tried it.

I was looking for the best windscreen bug cleaner, after trying a couple. Dude posted just what I did above.

The Lemon Pledge cleans the bugs off the clear windscreen, headlight and signals. Does a fine job on paint, plastic, Plasti-dip, mirrors, aluminum also. Wet side wipe it on, dry side wipe it off.

Be cautious on your seat, the same as with 303 or Armorall. It can slide right out from under you with throttle or brake.

My only try at a generic brand wasn't a problem, but didn't clean and shine as well. Lemon Pledge is pricy compared to similar product, but does the job best. Generic brand seemed watery to the thicker Pledge. Pledge smelled more lemony fresh also.;)

I've been doing this for years. Long enough that I've only washed the bike a time or two a year, at most, for a few. I'm still skeert to use the Pledge on my helmet screen. Manufacturer says only water. Maybe one day?

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When I was in law enforcement, I used lemon pledge to clean and shine my Clarino (i.e. patent leather) gun belt, holster, etc. It took off the oils and smudges from handling, and brought the plastic to a nice shine. It also smelled nice.

I would never have thought to try it on the bike, but I think I'll give it a try. Well, in the spring. The bike is in the pole barn, under a cover, with the battery tender hooked up.

Top Bottom