• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Honda is coming out with an 1100 Rebel but they can't make 1100 Shadows anymore :dunno:

I think the Shadow market overlaps too closely with the H-D market and sales numbers were just too low. The Shadow was an old V Twin that would not meet the future (and current EU) emission standards. The Rebel uses a Parallel Twin that meets all upcoming emission standards. I believe the Rebel is a bit more stripped down, hence a lower $ entry point. The Rebel also allows for the DCT transmission, which Honda currently has as an exclusive, and which is gaining a lot of converts. Vast majority of Goldwing owners are running DCT, just under 1/2 the Africa Twin owners choose the DCT and slightly more than half of the NC700/750s and x models are bought with DCT transmissions.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Swapped the stock Honda seat off of my wife's NC700x for a custom Russell's Day Long saddle.

WOW. Its a bit funky looking shape but damn its comfortable. I'm not going to say it turns the NC700x into a Goldwing, the bike is still a fairly light ADV/Touring bike, but the seat makes it much more suitable for comfortable touring. https://day-long.com

I've got a custom Corbin seat on my bike and I'll admit I'm a bit jealous.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Congrats to her. I put my RDL from the BMW RT in the mail yesterday back to the Lake Shasta mothership. The RDL is getting a new cover losing the old cloth center section. Funky looking is right but the comfort is fantastic. Pulled my Ohlins shocks the same day and sent them in to Plamwerks (Wunderlich) for a rebuild.

Love your bikes and they will love you right back.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    We were planning to ride Rt 66 out to California and back this summer ... but Covid.

If we manage to do the trip is 2021 she will be riding in comfort on the RDL saddle. I thought I had it good on my Corbin. There is no comparison.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I put a Day Long on a Honda ST 1300 I had a couple bikes back and loved it. They are pricey but well worth the money. I ahd planned on putting one on the BMW GS 1200A but ended up selling it a couple months ago. Definitely regret that move...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Honda is coming out with an 1100 Rebel but they can't make 1100 Shadows anymore :dunno:

Here is something for you ... https://advrider.com/honda-cmx1100-rebel-uses-the-africa-twins-engine/

rebel-1100.jpg

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I went riding all day long. People were looking at me like I am ate up...I am.

I'd like a saddle like that for my Fatbob. Sounds comfy!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Bike looks small. This is a test ride with chicks that don't seem to be very large. :cool:

[h=1]2021 Honda Rebel 1100 | First Look Review[/h]
    https://ridermagazine.com/2020/11/24/2021-honda-rebel-1100-first-look-review/

Just to put it into some perspective it is basically the same size as a HD Sportster 1200.

Both the Rebel and the HD Iron 1200 have the same wheelbase length, at just a fraction of an inch under 60" with the Rebel having 0.2" greater wheelbase. HD seat is 25.7" off the ground, the Rebel's seat is 2" higher at 27.5". Both have a 16" rear tire, but the HD uses a narrow 19" front while the Rebel has a wider 18" on the forks. Rake on the Rebel is 28 degrees, but 30 on the HD, which probably helps account for the seat hight difference.

Top Bottom