• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I received it Monday. I have used Revzilla several times the last few years and have been happy with them. I installed it today. It looks good. Rain Rain go away so I can see how it performs.
    View attachment 159875
    Hope you are enjoying it. I have one on my bike and it made such a huge improvement over the stock Harley windshield. Plus it looks so much nicer. Really rounds out the looks on the front.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just ordered the new HD speakers for my old Sena S20. With a lot of solid positive videos on youtube, I have high hopes for more volume and richer base. I took a chance and ordered a used "good" set on Amazon. Ten bucks off of forty, we'll see...

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I just ordered the new HD speakers for my old Sena S20. With a lot of solid positive videos on youtube, I have high hopes for more volume and richer base. I took a chance and ordered a used "good" set on Amazon. Ten bucks off of forty, we'll see...
    got a link? My Sena speakers are ass right now.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Interested in your review. I use a 50s and have considered upgrading to the HD speakers.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I can never pair up six people at a time on my 20s evo. I think the most we had was 4. I would assume operator error.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Amazon, love 'em hate 'em? I got the speakers in a day, pretty big deal as far from them as I am.

The factory box was smashed and taped and speakers had been installed before. Had some lint on the black foam covers. This was not just an open box. I reused the self adhesive velcro in my Scorpion lid and put catching the 'rona from the last owner out of my head. :n00b:

Everything seemed and worked fine. The HD speakers plugged right in, but did not have the small bracket with hole for screw retention. The HD speakers worked with the old firmware. The new firmware has a switch for the HD Speaker Accessory.

I agree with the TwoWheelObsession YouTuber on the Audio Equalizer settings. Treble Boost may well be the loudest and clearest setting. That's what I left it on for now.

It's gonna be a few days before I can really test out if and how much better the HD speakers are than the originals. We will see if I can understand Lzzy whalin' in my ears, while buffeting in tractor trailer wash, doing 80?

Last edited:

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I will be checking out those youtube videos. As much as I love my Harley, I find the stock sound system leaves something to be desired. When riding at high speeds (70+) I can barely hear the music despite having the volume all the way up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...It's gonna be a few days before I can really test out if and how much better the HD speakers are than the originals. We will see if I can understand Lzzy whalin' in my ears, while buffeting in tractor trailer wash, doing 80?
    For some odd reason, YouTube suggested this video to me. :dunno: It's a couple years old, but I had not seen it prior. The video confirmed my original factory speaker moving around, beyond the recessed area that Scorpion designed for them.

I left the old velcro patches in place, that I believe were close to where my actual ear canals are within my helmet. It will be a simple switch should I need to move to them. I did put the new HD speakers in the recessed areas designed for them though. we will see. Along with the yet unused spacers, I have some options to play with.

Another option that I have never used is earplugs. While it seems counterproductive to better hearing while riding, it may not actually be? I have discovered in the last few years that running outdoor equipment with earplugs while wearing my AfterShokz headset works very well.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well I had my first bad wreck in 18 years of riding. I'm laying in the hospital as it type this on my second night here and will be for almost a week with a second surgery on Monday. Was wearing gear, expect for pants as I got to fat for them. so I got a rash on my left knee. and a chipped knee cap.
    But I have a smashed pelvis bone. I ripped the handle bars with the triple clamp off the bike with my pelvis. guy pulled out in front of me. I was able to swerve to the rear drivers door and not hit the drivers door, but that was it. he was about 40 ft in front of me when he pulled out. flew the air with a flip and slid.
    I will be out for 6 months or maybe more. Not only is my dream motorcycle destroyed, my ability to walk for 1/2 a year too I have been shooting a dozen arrows everyday since march to get ready for deer season tomorrow. Which I wont be able to do either. But Im alive and I didnit bleed to death like alot of fractured pelvis ppl do. my wife is handling better than I thought.
    I work commercial construction, looks like a good time to find a new career to work from home. fjo9 broken.jpg fj09 broken left side.jpg

Top Bottom