• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Okay so help me out...I have NEVER found a "black" morel....can someone please attach a picture?...are they just snakeheads by a different name? Or are they a "true" morel that is black?

Not snake heads, they are hard to find and I have never found them while looking for other species. The only ones I have ever found were at a spot a buddy showed me where only they grew.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not snake heads, they are hard to find and I have never found them while looking for other species. The only ones I have ever found were at a spot a buddy showed me where only they grew.

Hey Fargo! Where ya been?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Jackalope_FeaturedImage-1024x780.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yesterday, I was pleased to find (28) on my little 7 acre Owen county getaway property. As seen, they're mostly small /medium greys ..... which I've always found to be the best eating size.

Even found a turtle guarding one of the shrooms ! :D

i-qqHr93k-L.jpg

i-pD9HKKQ-L.jpg

I'm going to bread them, and fry them up tonight ....... it'll be a Feast of the Beast ! :rockwoot:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    A buddy of mine from Jasper County posted a pic today of some he found. I was surprised to see a couple yellows already. Hope I have a chance to get out this week.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I got skunked again today. My Dad found a nice batch of 15 yesterday though. Going to have to keep him out of my spots :)

This was the same Henry County farm I found blacks the first of April. Slow progression of the season. Hopefully we get lots of rain this week.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    We've been finding a few here and there over the last week of two . Went out last night and found over 70 ! Most all of them have been in the same general area , but man they showed up big time . I told my neighbor we found a bunch and he just sent me message that he found a couple hundred today . I'll be back out tonight for sure . Found one last night close to the size of pop can .

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Went back out tonight and ended up with 142 more .

My neighbor wound up finding 575 in about 4 hours . He has six kids , which probably have never been before , I don't think he's been out much before either . I told him its never that easy and enjoy it while you can . Chalk it up to beginners luck I guess . Wish I could make a haul like that at one time .

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Sitting in my easy chair with a belly full of mushrooms and sausage, listening to the rain falling. I dread the next few months to come.

The dang blasted gnats are so bad, it's hard to go outside without getting bombarded. Tried arrowhead hunting last night and got annoyed to the point of insanity. Once mushrooms/turkey season ends, we can fast forward to mid October.

Top Bottom