• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Nothing so far here for us. We have friends that are very into it, and even they've only found a few. Talking to neighbors, the consensus is they'll be later this year b/c of some of the recent cold weather. Maybe this weekend will be better?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We spent an hour yesterday looking in our usual spots and did not find any. I agree with xwing, cold nights recently aren't helping.

Northwest Owen county.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Last yr, after turkey season had opened, I saw some from the road. Checked that same spot Sat and nothing. Some folks out looking on the way there. Next weekend it should be way more crowded.....turkey and shroom hunters.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Noblesville area, flat, wooded area. Still got a couple weeks before they are full grown, and YES they do "grow". Don't let anyone yell you they just pop up full size overnight.

I have been watching them on our property and they "grow" for about a week or two.

If you have pasture area or south slope I would start looking this weekend.
    20220427_200755.jpg
    20220427_200738.jpg

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Looked in East Central Indiana today and found nada. The woods that I hunt looked more like a late March or first week of April woods as far as green/cover goes. I rarely find mushrooms past Mothers Day…however everything seems like it’s going to be late. I’ll take lots of rain and mild temps to really get them popping.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    My brother lives in Paragon and he says he's been finding them on his property over the last week or so. I did not ask him how big or how many, but knowing him if they were'nt big enough to eat then he would not have mentioned them.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    Noblesville area, flat, wooded area. Still got a couple weeks before they are full grown, and YES they do "grow". Don't let anyone yell you they just pop up full size overnight.

I have been watching them on our property and they "grow" for about a week or two.

If you have pasture area or south slope I would start looking this weekend.
    View attachment 197465
    View attachment 197466
    Thank you! I started mushroom hunting just last fall. I’ve been waiting for this time to come and have been wondering about their development.
    I haven’t been actively hunting but have been looking as we are out walking the dogs on both trails and out in our field. I’m over near Anderson.
    Please keep us updated as your time permits.

Top Bottom