• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    I know this is an old thread, but for those following it, the morels are turning on now in central Indiana. I've spent several hours in the woods over the past five days and have found a few early ones. The conditions are right. With today's warmth and the rain predicted tomorrow, Wednesday and later this week should be ideal. Happy hunting!

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    The Mushroom guru at BSU says this may be a banner year, here's to hope. He turned me on to cutting them lengthwise, lightly breaded, with a bit of cheese of your choice, and broiling them. Different but very tasty.

My old man passed a couple of years ago and was so eat up by the big C he couldn't keep any food down. That is until my brother and I found about 6lbs of Yellow Sponges, the old coot ate at least 3lbs worth and a huge ribeye as fast as we could fry them with nary a burp and a huge sh*t eating grin on his face. Morels will always make me smile thinking of Dad. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Mushroom guru at BSU says this may be a banner year, here's to hope. He turned me on to cutting them lengthwise, lightly breaded, with a bit of cheese of your choice, and broiling them. Different but very tasty.

My old man passed a couple of years ago and was so eat up by the big C he couldn't keep any food down. That is until my brother and I found about 6lbs of Yellow Sponges, the old coot ate at least 3lbs worth and a huge ribeye as fast as we could fry them with nary a burp and a huge sh*t eating grin on his face. Morels will always make me smile thinking of Dad. :):

That's a touching story that brought a tear to my eye. I'm so glad you could share that experience with your dad. Thanks for sharing.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    does anyone on here ever freeze them, and use them for the throught the year?
    We did this in 2011 when we had a bunch of them and didn't want to give them away, or let them spoil. I was shocked as they kept their flavor and everything.
    we battered them first and then froze them

I flour/season and fry them about a minute and a half on each side then onto a cookie sheet lined with newspaper to drain before the freezer bags.

When you remove them from the freezer and finish frying them you wouldn't know they had ever been frozen, delicious treat in the fall with the last of the seasons fresh fish catches.

Top Bottom