• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Our minds are always processing information both new and old.
    So many thoughts.Dreams,fears,hopes,realities all influencing our decisions.
    We interact with the world,the air,the water,the plants,animals,and each other.

Most of the time the interactions are automated.Our minds process the information and we interact without actually realizing the complex chemistry and biology taking place.Our bodies need air so we breath.Urged by our body for a glass of water we simple stand up and go get one.Thousands of times a day in our existence we perform automated actions.From our heart beating,to blinking, and walking our subconscious mind is in control.

Why is this important you ask?It may not be to you,but it seems very relevant in my quest to understand human nature.To put it plainly why do some people seem so dumb?Are they really less intelligent or has the human condition and our current society simply put them on auto pilot?Are there really millions of people so conditioned by our education,society,and lack of any real challenge that they walk through life with barely a conscious though?Many certainly do not need to think about where they will get the necessities of life.There is no felt danger that they may starve,they are thirsty for moments with no fear of running out of water.Everything they want is delivered to them with ease or they can live a fantasy through any of our many forms of media.

I have heard it said many times in jest when bringing up a serious topic."Oh,that is interesting...look dancing with the stars is on!"Sadly I have grown to understand that condition is very real.Millions of sentient human beings going through life on auto pilot.Never using the gifts they have or even contemplating a creative though. Is this an evolution of the human condition?Loss of free will and wandering through life as a drone?

This is a grave concern to me.There are those who reject this new state of being.I count myself as one of them.The numbers though are very much against us.An easy existence without being forced to deal with reality is appealing to many.It goes beyond normalcy bias to something much deeper.A shift in human nature is occurring.A shift I feel places our species in great danger.We are sliding back in our development.Humans are in fact turning into a collective hive.

How to fight something so pervasive and appealing to so many?How can we turn the drones back into free thinking,creative,contributing members of society when that society itself created them?

Me writting this is an attempt at just that.Maybe if you stir enough thought or make them question just a little bit you can tear them out of the hive.It is worth a try.

Use your conscious brain,think creatively,and act on your ideas.Reject the idea that life can be simple and easy.It is not.Life is so complex,it is worth taking the time to think about.Reject becoming a drone on auto pilot.Think for yourself and use your mind to move us forward.

*Random thoughts at 5am and my :twocents:

Feel free to share this if you like.I wrote it for that purpose,and need no credit.Copy and paste away.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    What you say, I will say is correct. A seemingly disconnected existence is perpetuated by our seemingly lack of concern for it. The simple fact of the matter is that we are trained away from our actual Humanity.

Do we really feel that we're 'more evolved' these days than yesteryear? Do you and I really think that the ancients who build Giant buildings and cities almost overnight were simple minded animals, grunting through life, taking what they please, and bludgeoning their way through their muddy existence?

The way I like to go about it is this is first asking myself.... Do I really believe that we're actually born imperfect? Personally I believe that everyone is born perfect! Otherwise how would we know how to eat, breathe, circulate our blood, etc.? It's painfully obvious to myself and others that we're lost and stumbling through this life depending on someone else to help us survive.. Hence Convenience = Dependency. Dependency = Living in a big city. Never really populating the West. Never learning to cook. TV means never having to leave the house to experience the world... and so on and so forth.

Good Post. It's time to start having these discussions rather than arguing about what Repubs, Dems, Indy's and others should be doing for us! It starts in our own homes, and in our own minds.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Great posts! Do I understand it all, NO, but I know that we as the human race have "evolved" to a state that I believe is actually worse than it was 100 yrs ago.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    How much have you had to drink? Be honest.

edit: Oh. Just noticed the timestamp. Make that "How much had you had to drink."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Smokingman, I see validity to what you are saying.

I wonder if another component of what you're illustrating is the fact many people feel overwelmed by restrictions placed upon them. How many people think about starting a business but decide not to because of the perception of the hoops and hurdles they must navigate to even get it off the ground? In many places, you can't just start a little business in your garage because somebody will come shut you down for some zoning violation.

On the other hand, consumers are faced with so many choices, we're spoiled. We really don't have to work that hard to get basic sustenance. There are taxpayer and charitably funded organizations available to help you stay fed. Even the poorest among us are often not calorie deprived. Many of our poor have possessions like TV's, internet access, cars and the like that only a generation ago many "middle class" working people didn't have.

We have been taught that we should expect things, that 100 years ago if you didn't work for you did without--medical care, a retirement, housing, food, etc. In fact these expectations are driving the justifications for confiscating taxes from others.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Smokingman, I see validity to what you are saying.

We have been taught that we should expect things, that 100 years ago if you didn't work for you did without--medical care, a retirement, housing, food, etc. In fact these expectations are driving the justifications for confiscating taxes from others.

That is what I am talking about.It is not just in America to be sure.Personal responsibility is nearly gone."Why should I" or "Someone owes me" seem to be much more common than "I can do that" or "I am responsible for my own well being".
    It is a change on a global scale.One of dependance.Dependance on someone to provide for you.Be it the just in time supply system that brings you food,fuel,and basic necessities or a government providing your retirement we as a species are moving rapidly away from being responsible for our own well being.When you depend on others to provide you with the very basic items in your life,are you really a free man?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    How much have you had to drink? Be honest.

edit: Oh. Just noticed the timestamp. Make that "How much had you had to drink."

Ok.I admit it.I partook of the just in time supply system to enjoy a frosty cold hard cider(or 2) the night prior.Did what you read make you think?That was the point.Now go get me another cider,this one is warm.....:popcorn:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    LOOK!!!
    Meet the Season 16 cast of Dancing with the Stars | ABC TV Show News, Cast, Photos & More

Season 16! Only 16 years wasted.Now if I could do to the computer what I did with the TV(I have not watched tv in years,and did an internet search for dancing with the stars).

I do not know if dancing with the stars is worth watching,I have never taken the time to watch it.Generally I have better things to do with my life.You know like living it.

Yes I do use the computer for a few hours every day and read plenty of reports,news,and as much information on various topics as I can.

INGO...well there is tons of good information here,and I am an information addict.

I am thirsty,but the just in time supply system has failed me.I have no cider :( I could go get cider,but that would require time,energy,and resources I do not want to commit to the effort.

Maybe if I just babble long enough I will get tired,and stop thinking of cider.Wonder what is going on in Turkey at the moment?How does Russia and China feel about our intervention in Syria?Is the Nikkei crashing and where are US bond yields?I should really tear the deck off the house,it needs rebuilt.I wonder what the hubble is looking at today.When is the next firing of the Hadron collider?Why is this bird outside still trying to find a mate so late after sunset?How is the Chinese manned space flight going?Turpentine?Geology is fascinating,I found a few agates today walking to our sawmill.I really need a new gas line for the engine on the sawmill,it drips.Why are you still reading this?You should be getting me cider or just let me ramble.Ah,the exuberance of youth.To be that naive again.Is our education system really valuable for anything other than creating future consumers?I need to finish the trim in the hallway.I stained and put a coat of polyurethane on it today,but did not get it nailed up because it was still wet.It is hard to follow never ending paragraphs on the computer.Something about the way our eyes make it difficult to keep track of the lines.Maybe I should go read a book?Wow,it is getting late.I should probably let you stop reading,but if I do you need to think about your life and strive to get up and actually change something for the better.You can go now.Good night.

PS.Remember to get cider.

Top Bottom