• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    So, Mike Braun is a Trump-endorsed MAGA candidate...

but also a BLM-loving RINO squish?

What? I'm confused... makes me wonder who funds "Indiana Innovation Council"?

IU Health CEO... ok, false flag commercial.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Your going to let some propaganda website convince you and not the candidates own words and actions? The dude is a snake on the 2A and as anti-cop as they come.

GOP senator: Unwillingness to do ‘commonsense stuff’ could lead to stricter gun laws

Sen. Mike Braun: Now is the time for new gun laws

SENATOR MIKE BRAUN INTRODUCES REFORMING QUALIFIED IMMUNITY ACT
    Why are the ”words” more important than the voting record? The words are cover and reelection tactics. The voting record is the facts.

Since Braun is one of the most conservative in the senate we will not end up with near as conservative of a senator when he leaves…

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Your going to let some propaganda website convince you and not the candidates own words and actions? The dude is a snake on the 2A and as anti-cop as they come.

GOP senator: Unwillingness to do ‘commonsense stuff’ could lead to stricter gun laws

Sen. Mike Braun: Now is the time for new gun laws

SENATOR MIKE BRAUN INTRODUCES REFORMING QUALIFIED IMMUNITY ACT
    The gun control story is a 5 year old story.
    DID YOU EVEN READ his REAL LIFE voting record that I posted with my post?
    He voted against EVERY gun control law.

As to Qualified Immunity, here's a quote from today's story from the Lafayette Journal & Courier.

"CLAIM: Braun "tried to end legal protections for law enforcement" and "supported a radical defund-the-police group."
    Source: Doden.

The first phrase refers to Braun's 2020 bill that would have limited qualified immunity, a policy that protects police officers from being sued for alleged misconduct. His bill would have limited the use of qualified immunity to cases where the officer's conduct is already protected by existing law or a previous court case.

Braun has repeatedly said that his bill was an attempt to compromise. Democrats were the ones prepared to eliminate qualified immunity altogether, as this ad accuses Braun of trying to do. Nonetheless, after much backlash from police organizations and right-wing news media, Braun changed his mind on this issue.

On supporting a defund-the-police group, the ad refers to Braun's appearance on a podcast during the height of the 2020 racial justice protests and riots, during which he was asked whether he supports the Black Lives Matter movement. Braun said: “I support that movement because it’s addressing an inequity that has not been solved from a grassroots level, and that’s why it’s a big issue here now. And to me, that is totally intertwined with police reform.”

In an interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News that June, Carlson asked Braun about those comments. "I support anybody that does have a grievance to be able to air it, and that's it," Braun said. "That doesn't mean all lives don't matter, it just means that if you think a certain sector of society has a grievance, it ought to be through transparency and the willingness [to] debate it and get it out there."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, Mike Braun is a Trump-endorsed MAGA candidate...

but also a BLM-loving RINO squish?

What? I'm confused... makes me wonder who funds "Indiana Innovation Council"?

IU Health CEO... ok, false flag commercial.
    As far as BLM, the ad sounds suspiciously edited. Why not offer the context in which the words they showed were said? Were they said? :dunno: AI is a boon to political ads. Plus, a BLM'er chimes in and doesn't exactly give Braun a ringing endorsement.

I did not like or trust Braun at first. Not sure I trust him now but his voting record is surprisingly good, compared with the chamber-o-commerce picks. Not perfect but best shot in the running as far as I can tell.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Mike's voting record in 2020 was like every other Republican. He looked like a RINO.
    After 2020 his voting record has been outstanding. It's like a light clicked on and he voted with the constitution around 98% of the time. Possibly higher.

Mike has my vote he's proved himself in the US senate.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I like Braun's voting record and would be happy if he was staying in the senate. BUT I think the only reason he is running for Governor is to shove the mid states corridor through. It will benefit his company and his brother's golf course/future resort. It will also destroy thousands of homes, farms, and woodland areas just add another road that we can't afford to maintain, and will be of little benefit to most Hoosiers.

I really do like his voting record, but I don't trust him as governor.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That BLM ad is very nicely edited. No where does Braun say he supports BLM. The sound bite say "I support that group". No group specified so it could pertain to any group. A very well edited commercial that is snagging a lot of people who aren't paying close attention.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    How many Trump haters would change their minds if they stopped obsessing over some of the things he's said, and focused on his policies and actions? I'd bet at least a third, and the other two thirds are mostly lost causes.

I've had a lot of conversations like: "How do you really feel about X? ... What about Y? ... What should we do with Z?" Insert 3-5 more topics, and then "Do you realize that you just agreed with Trump and his supporters every time?" The response is almost always "(pause...) Yeah, but he said [blah, blah, blah] and he's horrible!!!"

They're being foolish, and I'd be a hypocrite if I hated on anyone that: voted they way I think they should; but said something that pissed me off in a few interviews or donor ___________fests.

At the end of the day, I don't want a Governor, or Senator, or anything else, that represents their opinions, or feelings, or PARTY. I want them to represent the people that got them elected! (presumably the majority in their state/district/whatever.) I'll vote for the one that will vote and act for me - whether they share my "feelings" about an issue or not.

Californians can get their votes from their own d**n representatives, and be governed by whatever whack job they wish.

I don't know Braun. I'll admit that in the beginning I wasn't too happy about him. Now, I don't see any reason not to vote for him. These days, that's pretty good.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When it comes to leftist anti-cop ideas and the 2A, I don't have room or tolerance for it. A snake is a snake, 4 years ago or today.
    I'm not speaking on behalf of Braun, but my own question.

I DEFINITELY support police, as grandfather died from wounds he got in a gunfight making an arrest with another Deputy.
    That said, do you believe police should be able to do whatever they want and never be held liable for it?
    IS THERE ANY LIMIT?

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Whether you like Braun or not, the "Qualified Immunity" doctrine is bad for everyone. Abolish this doctrine and let's try to rebuild a culture of mutual respect where LEO's respect citizens and citizens respect law enforcement. When either side can act with apparent impunity, it builds a culture of distrust, division and even unnecessary violence. I think Braun recognizes this problem even if he has spoken foolishly about BLM and other topics from time to time.

Top Bottom