• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    That's two now? Interesting how someone you've never personally met can still be missed. Rest in peace and my prayers go out for the family.

Mods: has any thought been given to having an INGO memorial thread?

My apologies, Rookie. I thought that's what [strike]this[/strike] the original thread was intended for. What kind of memorial thread did you have in mind?

Last edited:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    My apologies, Rookie. I thought that's what this thread was intended for. What kind of memorial thread did you have in mind?

I'm not sure if this is what he meant, but I am a member of another forum and they have a sticky (I think it is it's own "section") that is a memorial area. It is named after one member and the username and circumstances of the death (if known and able to be talked about) are posted so the other members know. If you want the link to the forum (if you don;t already know the one I'm talking about), PM me and I'll send it too you so you can have a little looksie for yourself.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was just thinking it would be nice if we had a single thread dedicated to members that have passed instead of multiple threads that can get buried something like...

JosephR - member from/ to. Profile. Obituary...
    Next member
    Next member

That way it can be easily searched...

Just an idea...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm not sure if this is what he meant, but I am a member of another forum and they have a sticky (I think it is it's own "section") that is a memorial area. It is named after one member and the username and circumstances of the death (if known and able to be talked about) are posted so the other members know. If you want the link to the forum (if you don;t already know the one I'm talking about), PM me and I'll send it too you so you can have a little looksie for yourself.

Exactly.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I was just thinking it would be nice if we had a single thread dedicated to members that have passed instead of multiple threads that can get buried something like...

JosephR - member from/ to. Profile. Obituary...
    Next member
    Next member

That way it can be easily searched...

Just an idea...
    I'll bring it up in the Mod forum. Not sure how much traction it will get considering that as far as I know, JosephR is only the second member we have had to have passed away. If there are others, please PM me. I don't want to derail this thread anymore than we already have.

And on that note, I'll add my prayers for his family to get through this difficult time.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy

great idea! I think it would be awesome if people could update fellow "past" members on the "silent INGO'ers" section. It would just be a nice way to visit an ol' friend. Just my .02:dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Whoa. Acid trip. It was here. Then it was there..

Thanks PAMI for the move. Apologies for the derail..

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    At this time, the answer is no. We're fortunate enough to have live and active members, so a thread of this nature would quickly get lost in the daily shuffle. We have plenty of stickies already, so we're not inclined to add another. Plus, out of almost 15,000 members, only two have passed on that we're aware of, and one of those was a banned member at the time he passed.

Our condolences and prayers go out to the families of our deceased members, but while this is a "nice to have" type thread, it will not be implemented at this time.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'll bring it up in the Mod forum. Not sure how much traction it will get considering that as far as I know, JosephR is only the second member we have had to have passed away. If there are others, please PM me. I don't want to derail this thread anymore than we already have.

And on that note, I'll add my prayers for his family to get through this difficult time.

Epsylum and rockydog.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    We have plenty of stickies already, so we're not inclined to add another.

I think we could revisit some of the stickies and unstick some of them. The break room has some that could easily be downgraded.

This is just constructive criticism, I'm not trying to stir any pots.

:twocents:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    At this time, the answer is no. We're fortunate enough to have live and active members, so a thread of this nature would quickly get lost in the daily shuffle. We have plenty of stickies already, so we're not inclined to add another. Plus, out of almost 15,000 members, only two have passed on that we're aware of, and one of those was a banned member at the time he passed.

Our condolences and prayers go out to the families of our deceased members, but while this is a "nice to have" type thread, it will not be implemented at this time.

Does it really matter if they were banned? A loss is still a loss and if they were here for more than a couple days they couldn't have been a complete waste of skin.:dunno:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Epsylum and rockydog.
    I wasn't aware of rockydog. I'll note it in our thread in the Mod forum about this idea. If there is anyone else, please PM me.

I think we could revisit some of the stickies and unstick some of them. The break room has some that could easily be downgraded.

This is just constructive criticism, I'm not trying to stir any pots.

:twocents:
    Actually, we agree. The priority list just keeps getting rearranged.

Does it really matter if they were banned? A loss is still a loss and if they were here for more than a couple days they couldn't have been a complete waste of skin.:dunno:
    I know it appears insensitive, but yes. That is the consensus of the Moderators.

Top Bottom