• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Dusty in here.
    This time of year makes me remember my Dad- Korea, my Stepdad- Korea, and a few Uncles from WWII through post Viet Nam ( all are gone now).
    I've got a Uncle from post Viet Nam still with us and a Cousin current AF.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    God Bless you Pappaw...Not a day goes by that I don't miss you and remember you....

At age 12 I once asked if you where a hero in the war...You scoffed and laughed a harsh laugh...When you saw my look of disappointment I will never forget you coming up behind me and squeezing my shoulder and in a broken voice saying to me..."I wasn't son...But I met a few..." And you grabbed your Salem's and your Zippo and went out and stood in the yard by yourself as you remembered your brothers in this picture (especially the "old man" as you called your Lt.) who never got to leave Italy.....

I just shared your story and photos on INGO...So this weekend folks you never met will remember you and your brothers as well...

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I am veteran proud. Being a U S Navy veteran, I met some of the best people. I would just like to thank those that serve, have served, and the families as well. Thank a vet, and thank a vets family. Those that have given all have rendered us this great Republic.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    A little late but just got back from my 10yr first deployment reunion in Arlington Va where we spent time at Arlington National Cemetery I encountered 4 people disrespect those who had fallen and this is copied from my facebook about it,

I pledged to honor USMC LCPL Jakub Henryk Kowalik who died oif 5/12/2003 from IL. As I stood there watching this group ask passerbyers to honor a name of those who have died in oif/oef 4 said no. It pissed me off they said no to honor Us Army CWO2 Hans N Gukeisen died oif 5/09/2003 from SD, Us Army Spc Dustin K McGaugh died oif 9/30/2003 KS, USMC Capt Travis A Ford died oif 4/5/2003 from NE, and Us Army CSM James D Blankenbecler died oif 10/1/2003 from VA. I went up to those volunteers and asked to pledge to honor them for the lack of respect those people showed to them. It made me break down in front of the whole world to see these heartless people turn their backs on these men who gave all for the freedoms they take for granted. It was a pleasure my 3 fellow oif vets there with me along with our spouses never forget and are willing to honor a complete stranger we have never met for their ultimate sacrifice.

Top Bottom