• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My oldest daughter went to prom when she was 17 with a boy as just friends. I knew the kid and wasn’t to worried, but I’m still a dad.

He picked her up in his dad’s shiny lifted Jeep, opened the door for her, and came around to get in the drivers door as me and the wife watched. I yelled “HEY” just as he was about to get in. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a 12ga shell and tossed it at him. He caught it and gave me a puzzled look. I said “It comes at you a hell of a lot faster after 11:00.” He had her home by 10:30.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When my daughter's prom date called about picking her up, she told him that her father wanted to meet him. He asked if I was going to meet him at the door with a shotgun. My daughter replied "no, he's in the garage cleaning his Uzi". Guy turned out to be so nice!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Had 3 daughters so went thru this a couple of times. What works for me is when he wants to shake my hand I envision standing bare foot in a pile of steaming dog s**t. Gets the proper look on my face.

Daughter #1 brought home a boy several times, he was respectful and seemed ok. I swear the first 3 times he came home I had a rifle disassembled to clean. He asked her if I always had a gun in my hands. She replied "Pretty much all the time".

He is the best son in law you could want. Great dad to 3 successful kids that are a joy. I have given him 2 rifles and 3 pistols so far. Going to fix his mower today.

Don

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    lol my daughters would think nothing of coming home to that on the counter either.

my girls told me that they won’t marry a guy that can’t out shoot them…… they maybe lonely!

I guess we just cross our fingers and hope we raised our daughters well enough to pick a good one.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I'm very lucky and have 2 great son-in-laws. @chef1231, hope you and your daughter are both as fortunate. Now I worry about my granddaughters who just turned 16.
    my girls told me that they won’t marry a guy that can’t out shoot them…… they maybe lonely!
    My uncle was married 7 times, longer to the last one than the first 6 combined. When I ask him why he said, "because she can shoot better than me."

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    SWMBO was not happy when I took our daughters' "friends" down to the basement before any dates and and explained how much they would regret it if they made my daughters cry, all the while cleaning a Ruger P-series pistol.
    She got used to it. Daughters all out of the house now, so no excuse to clean the guns. Good thing the P-series isn't bothered by uncleanliness.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I raised two sons who are gentlemen. One father showed my elder son his shotgun and my boy offered to help him clean it. My son was in more danger from the daughter than she was from him. That relationship didn't last long. Thank God.

Boys should be raised to respect women; they learn by example of what they see at home. End of sermon.

BTW, they are both married to women who are very different from each other, but each is beautiful and wonderful in her own way.

Top Bottom