• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Telling people not to vaccinate because a family member had seizures is like me telling everyone to avoid peanuts because my nephews throat swelled shut.

Just doesn't make any logical sense IMHO.
    Do you think it is irresponsible for an article or a government official to tell everyone to run out and get shots without clearly and deliberately mentioning the risks?

Its soooooo one sided. The medical community, the media, the government, the schools, the pharma corporations... NONE are doing an adequate job of telling people the risks.

Only trolls tell the other side of the story I guess.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I guess I will bring up the other side of the coin now and that is the best reason I can think of to get vaccinations.

Weaponized biological attacks. Its not as far fetched as it sounds and no Im not paranoid.

But lets just say a certain middle eastern country that really really dislikes us and our ally Israel, gets ahold of some SARS virus. We have come to find out that SARS is relatively benign. Now say they get ahold of somthing a little more deadly like Ebola. Now Ebola is deadly but we cannot host Ebola meaning the only way for it to spread is direct contact with infected blood. Well that wont make for a good weapon bc it wont spread fast enough it would have to be airborne like SARS.

Now nature can mutate viruses but it takes along time. Humans, like it or not, have come to the point in which we can meddle in things we were never supposed to to be messing with.

Fast forward a few years and now that country has found a way to extract the DNA from SARS and implant into Ebola making it airborne. Now they have a weapon that not only spreads quickly but is pretty much unstoppable bc of the lack of a vaccine.

How far would you be willing to go to find a cure for this weaponized virus?
    How many people would die before a vaccine is found and would the cost of that cure be outweighed by the good it will do?

Would you take it and make sure all your loved ones had it too?

Or would you call it propaganda and refuse it?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I guess I will bring up the other side of the coin now and that is the best reason I can think of to get vaccinations.

Weaponized biological attacks. Its not as far fetched as it sounds and no Im not paranoid.

But lets just say a certain middle eastern country that really really dislikes us and our ally Israel, gets ahold of some SARS virus. We have come to find out that SARS is relatively benign. Now say they get ahold of somthing a little more deadly like Ebola. Now Ebola is deadly but we cannot host Ebola meaning the only way for it to spread is direct contact with infected blood. Well that wont make for a good weapon bc it wont spread fast enough it would have to be airborne like SARS.

Now nature can mutate viruses but it takes along time. Humans, like it or not, have come to the point in which we can meddle in things we were never supposed to to be messing with.

Fast forward a few years and now that country has found a way to extract the DNA from SARS and implant into Ebola making it airborne. Now they have a weapon that not only spreads quickly but is pretty much unstoppable bc of the lack of a vaccine.

How far would you be willing to go to find a cure for this weaponized virus?
    How many people would die before a vaccine is found and would the cost of that cure be outweighed by the good it will do?

Would you take it and make sure all your loved ones had it too?

Or would you call it propaganda and refuse it?

I have heard/been told there is a solution in the works for this...

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Do you think it is irresponsible for an article or a government official to tell everyone to run out and get shots without clearly and deliberately mentioning the risks?

Its soooooo one sided. The medical community, the media, the government, the schools, the pharma corporations... NONE are doing an adequate job of telling people the risks.

Only trolls tell the other side of the story I guess.
    Actually, every vaccine I've agreed to give my child has also come with a "risks" document.

I also sign that I've read it.

Stating that they don't tell the risks at all is the propaganda machine. You can't say that you aren't truly given the risks of anything, if you truly aren't then it's negligence on the physicians office.

I'm sorry you feel it's some government conspiracy to slowly chip away at our individual rights, but if you don't understand what that info actually states then I think you should probably refrain from speaking about them.

The risks outlined are flu-like symptoms, and sensitivity to secondary ingredients. Most other "reactions" are an exacerbation of an underlying condition.

I'm really not trying to cut you down, but I have quite a few questions for you that I'm afraid I don't think I want to know the answers to...

Damn, it's hard to bite your tongue.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I have never received a 'risks' document for any shots for my children.

They did, however, try to get me to sign a document stating I was a negligent parent for refusing the ones that I did refuse.

Go ahead and ask your questions.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Then you should ask why you weren't provided with the potential adverse reactions. Just like surgery...it's called informed consent...meaning you have been told the risks :)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have never received a 'risks' document for any shots for my children.

They did, however, try to get me to sign a document stating I was a negligent parent for refusing the ones that I did refuse.

Go ahead and ask your questions.
    Even Aspirin comes with a Information Sheet... :popcorn:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Also, I disagree entirely that 'informed consent' takes place much at all when it comes to babies.

Not only did we not consent to the things they wanted to do to my daughter immediately after she was born, we had to actually specify in a birth plan the things that we did not want done, and make sure every nurse and every doctor involved had a copy and read it.

They still managed to do things that were against our written wishes.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Also, I disagree entirely that 'informed consent' takes place much at all when it comes to babies.

Not only did we not consent to the things they wanted to do to my daughter immediately after she was born, we had to actually specify in a birth plan the things that we did not want done, and make sure every nurse and every doctor involved had a copy and read it.

They still managed to do things that were against our written wishes.

I even get Informed Consent and an Information Sheet with Vet Meds for Livestock...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I even get Informed Consent and an Information Sheet with Vet Meds for Livestock...

It's unfortunate that our human medical industry is so screwed up.

When you buy a new gun, do you go to the store and buy whatever the salesman tells you to buy? Or do you research it and buy the one that is best for your situation?

The shame is that we are so discouraged from being informed and educated about our own bodies, and instead conditioned to trust a doctor and the CDC to decide what is best for us.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Stating that they don't tell the risks at all is the propaganda machine.
    If I am a one-man machine, I consider that a compliment.

I've been following this stuff for a few years. I have read many articles about vaccines and they almost never mention negative side-effects. Often they lie and say that they are required to attend school. Just look at how the article in the OP portrays vaccines as if they are the best thing in the world. There's a propaganda machine out there, and its not on my side.

I'm sorry you feel it's some government conspiracy to slowly chip away at our individual rights, but if you don't understand what that info actually states then I think you should probably refrain from speaking about them.
    I think its more of a corporate conspiracy, subsidized and pushed by the government, promoted by the media, pitched by drug salesmen, and reinforced by schools and parents.

Most of the people involved are just repeating what they've heard, or what they were taught. I have read nursing textbooks on the subject and the negative side-effects are pretty much ignored. Its a one-sided presentation that is meant to lead the reader to one single conclusion: Taking drugs is the only way to achieve health.

The risks outlined are flu-like symptoms, and sensitivity to secondary ingredients. Most other "reactions" are an exacerbation of an underlying condition.
    When my sister started seizing in the exam room, it wasn't because of an exacerbated condition. She has never had a seizure in her life prior to that shot. The toxic ingredients in the shot started attacking her nervous system. Its not that she was sensitive, but rather unlucky in the way the metal compounds distributed throughout her organs. It can happen to anyone.

I'm really not trying to cut you down, but I have quite a few questions for you that I'm afraid I don't think I want to know the answers to...

Damn, it's hard to bite your tongue.
    Fire away.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It's unfortunate that our human medical industry is so screwed up.

When you buy a new gun, do you go to the store and buy whatever the salesman tells you to buy? Or do you research it and buy the one that is best for your situation?

The shame is that we are so discouraged from being informed and educated about our own bodies, and instead conditioned to trust a doctor and the CDC to decide what is best for us.
    That maybe what you do and believe. I, however, use an informed decision making process when buying goods and services... :popcorn:

The information is out there on all the drugs that are in use as well as several that are no longer used... :popcorn:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    That maybe what you do and believe. I, however, use an informed decision making process when buying goods and services... :popcorn:

The information is out there on all the drugs that are in use as well as several that are no longer used... :popcorn:

I'm not certain what point you were trying to make. I don't know what you think I 'do and believe' and I agree that the information is out there. Oh, and I like popcorn also. Certainly plenty of that in your post.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm not certain what point you were trying to make. I don't know what you think I 'do and believe' and I agree that the information is out there. Oh, and I like popcorn also. Certainly plenty of that in your post.
    You are the one claiming that the information is not available...
    You are the one claiming that the information is withheld from everyone...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You are the one claiming that the information is not available...
    You are the one claiming that the information is withheld from everyone...

I didn't say that it is not available.

I didn't say that it is withheld from everyone.

I was simply relaying my experiences.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have given infants a vitamin k injection at birth. Parents must consent to anything else done or given: circumcision, Hep B 1st dose (in hospital).

Nothing can be done without authorization unless the person is unconscious and they will die without immediate treatment. A vaccination fits none of those criteria.

All physicians offices have paperwork telling you:
    What the vac is for, if it needs a multi-dose approach (ie Hep B), any common adverse reactions (flu like symptoms, low grade fever, nausea, etc), and any rare/potentially life threatening reactions (ie: epilepsy, respiratory distress, cardiac dysrrhythmia, renal imsufficiency, liver damage, etc)

If you did not receive info they should have, and you need to speak to them regarding that as they are not doing their jobs in all honesty.

Top Bottom