• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Because diet and immune systems cannot ward off measles, whooping cough, inter alia.

No magic food, taking the cure, balancing of the humours, or incantations can prevent the outbreaks of diseases that we used to have. However, vaccinations can prevent these outbreaks.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You mean like a magic herb of some sort? Perhaps magic roots and magic herbs in a blender?

Ahh yes, 'magic herbs'. The basis for a large number of the most commonly used pharmaceuticals. I assume you mock the scientists at Merck as much as those who choose to use these herbs in their natural form?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Because diet and immune systems cannot ward off measles, whooping cough, inter alia.

No magic food, taking the cure, balancing of the humours, or incantations can prevent the outbreaks of diseases that we used to have. However, vaccinations can prevent these outbreaks.

You are aware that even vaccinations rely on your immune system to fight off the infection, right? Presuming that you are, I'm not certain how you can make the claim that an immune system cannot fight off these infections. It's a complete contradiction.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ahh yes, 'magic herbs'. The basis for a large number of the most commonly used pharmaceuticals.

Yes, the magic herb nonsense.

You are aware that even vaccinations rely on your immune system to fight off the infection, right? Presuming that you are, I'm not certain how you can make the claim that an immune system cannot fight off these infections

The immune system cannot do without vaccines, that's sort of how they work.

Magic food does not do it, vaccines do.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I vote that we ban vaccines and just slip back into the middle ages. There are too many dang people on this planet these days anyway!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Its impressive that they fit 5 separate endorsements of vaccines in that article.

Agenda much?

Slightly off topic, but I've never understood why if I did not want my children to be vaccinated the school told me my children would be a threat to the other children. Of course I asked "Why? The other children have been vaccinated." MY children would have been at risk (allegedly).

People have said in other posts that vaccines "work." What is the definition of work? Do people have any idea what is put into vaccines these days? Scary...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    People have said in other posts that vaccines "work." What is the definition of work?

Preventing massive outbreaks of horrific diseases.

Do people have any idea what is put into vaccines these days? Scary...

They put vaccines in the vaccines. How is preventing disease scary?

The anti-science lobby is scary to me.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yes, the magic herb nonsense.

Again, do you mock the 'magic herbs' when they're used in modern and popular pharmaceuticals? Do they only count as 'science' when they come in pill form?

The immune system cannot do without vaccines, that's sort of how they work.

Magic food does not do it, vaccines do.

What on earth are you talking about? Of course our bodies can fight off these diseases without vaccines. And vaccines are not at all effective either if your immune system is not up to par. PERIOD.

This is why I'd recommend that we all spend more time taking care of our bodies and our immune systems and less time obsessing over your neighbors kids being vaccinated.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Preventing massive outbreaks of horrific diseases.

They put vaccines in the vaccines. How is preventing disease scary?

The anti-science lobby is scary to me.

No more than the "science has all the answers lobby" is scary to me...

Yeah...there are just vaccines in vaccines.... These chemicals must be what is considered "vaccines" then...including the fetal tissue from aborted fetuses (babies) and GMO plant materials...
    Vaccine Ingredients - Formaldehyde, Aspartame, Mercury, Etc

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Cambridge Journal
    Historical accounts, recent epidemiological observations and clinical findings have strengthened the concept that both nutritional deficiencies and nutritional excesses impair immune responses and alter susceptibility to infection and other diseases (Chandra, 1992a,b). This applies equally to humans (Chandra, 1992c) and animals (Burkholder & Swecker, 1990). Four general concepts are reviewed in the present paper. First, protein-energy malnutrition (PEM) and deficiencies of single nutrients impinge on immune responses. Second, nutrition is an important determinant of immunity at the two ends of the age spectrum, namely in young infants and in the elderly. Third, obesity and excessive intake of nutrients alter immunocompetence. Finally, these interactions of nutrition and immunity have several practical applications for clinical medicine and public health.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    When was the last time we had a Small Pox Epidemic in the US?!
    Or how about Typhoid?!
    Or Yellow Fever?!
    Or Polio?!
    Or Measles?!
    Or Cholera?!

I am sure the reason for this is nothing more than a good diet and proper hygiene...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You are so tired of having your resources squandered that you buy into the collectivist vaccination model.

Sounds like a paradox.

:popcorn:

Paradox...

No just someone who has spent time in Turd World Countries and seen the results that happen there do to there lack of Medical Intervention... :popcorn:
    I have no problem with your choosing to not vaccinate, as long as you pay for the all the expenses that may happen due to your contraction of said disease...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

What on earth are you talking about? Of course our bodies can fight off these diseases without vaccines.

Ummm, no, they don't. Our bodies need vaccines, not magic water or magic food.

The magic food nonsense reminds me of the anti-science prattle of South Africa, that AIDS was just improper nutrition. You cannot eat your way out of measles or HIV.

We need vaccines to keep us healthy.

Yeah...there are just vaccines in vaccines.... These chemicals must be what is considered "vaccines" then...including the fetal tissue from aborted fetuses (babies) and GMO plant materials...

Not the Wakefield chemical scare nonsense.:rolleyes:

Wakefield is utter nonsense, but we've known this for years. Here's the damage the anti-science movement has caused.

The kill tab for the anti-science movement:

Jenny McCarthy Body Count

Understanding all the tropes of the anti-science movement:

Tactics and tropes of the antivaccine movement : Respectful Insolence

but I've never understood why if I did not want my children to be vaccinated the school told me my children would be a threat to the other children. Of course I asked "Why? The other children have been vaccinated." MY children would have been at risk (allegedly).

You are not just putting your children at risk by failing to get them immunized. By free-riding, you are also risking the vaccinated children getting sick from your children and preventing the destruction of the causal agent of the disease.

If you are worried about a measles outbreak, ensure that your children are vaccinated. Eat all the magic food and drink all the magic, energized water you want, but if you want to prevent stuff like the measles, get the shot.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Ummm, no, they don't. Our bodies need vaccines, not magic water or magic food.

The magic food nonsense reminds me of the anti-science prattle of South Africa, that AIDS was just improper nutrition. You cannot eat your way out of measles or HIV.

We need vaccines to keep us healthy.

Not the Wakefield chemical scare nonsense.:rolleyes:

Wakefield is utter nonsense, but we've known this for years. Here's the damage the anti-science movement has caused.

The kill tab for the anti-science movement:

Jenny McCarthy Body Count

Understanding all the tropes of the anti-science movement:

Tactics and tropes of the antivaccine movement : Respectful Insolence

You are not just putting your children at risk by failing to get them immunized. By free-riding, you are also risking the vaccinated children getting sick from your children and preventing the destruction of the causal agent of the disease.

If you are worried about a measles outbreak, ensure that your children are vaccinated. Eat all the magic food and drink all the magic, energized water you want, but if you want to prevent stuff like the measles, get the shot.

I'm not worried about a measles outbreak. My children are late teens / adults now so for me the point is moot. Against my wishes at the time, they were vaccinated to have access to schools.

I think at this point, we can agree that we disagree and leave it at that. While I made no mention of "magic water" or "magic pills," (nor do I promote any such thing) I do appreciate the discussion and the civility in which it was conducted.

Thanks

Top Bottom