Dec 20, 2012
    magic_roundabout2.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It's missing the people holding the signs at the corner asking for money.

LOL, Dude, it is missing a corner. It is the perfect mix of "Hamilton County" plus Gov mentality. Hamilton County Gov.'s answer to getting rid of beggars on the corners....Just get rid of corners.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    My job has me driving all around Hamilton county on a daily basis. Round-a-bouts are definately a love/hate relationship. On one hand, it's better not having to come to a complete stop every 200 feet. On the other hand, I almost get killed everyday because morons don't understand "yield to the left" or can't read the signs and giant F'ing arrows painted on the ground and stay in the correct lane.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's going to get even worse. Fishers is installing Michigan Lefts at 96th and Allisonville. You wanna talk about making people' heads explode?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Johnson Co. must have roundabout envy. They installed one on 144 and Morgantown Road. Granted, Morgantown comes in at an oblique angle to 144 making seeing one direction of the oncoming traffic much more difficult. But a roundabout. For 1/10th (or less) the traffic Hamilton Co roads see?

Semis must hate those things. The ones along Dan Jones between Plainfield and Avon are ridiculous.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I live within walking distance, I travel that intersection every day....... I can't wait.

According to the "Drive Fishers" website, they announced that the east-to-northbound one was going to be open today, but there's been virtually no work done there in months and the medians aren't even built yet. I'm at a loss for how they thought it would open. I drove by there yesterday and it was a mess. Their Twitter feed says it's open, though. I bet traffic there is a nightmare right now.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Never heard of a Michigan Left before, and I use to live in Michigan, somehow they escaped me. They seem interesting. I do hate left turn on arrow only*
    Once I was at a left turn, and I was the front car. I made it less than half-way across the intersection before it turned orange. It was red just as I reached the other side. Other times I have to sit there for days because it turns red after 2 cars go through -_-

On an unrelated note, I have two questions.

A 3 way intersection. There is a road going east/west and a road going north from the south. Where there is only a left turn if you keep straight, and a right turn if you follow the merge. Instead of the stoplight allowing you to turn left or right, it only allows you to turn left, instead, there is a merge about 10 yards before the stoplight, that curves around and comes nearly parallel to the east/west lane. This merge has its own stoplight, if it's red, can you go? I always go thinking "Right on Red", but I don't know if it is actually a right turn, or not?

The other one is far simpler, one way turning left onto a one way. Can you turn left on red? I always do, and so does everyone that has been in front of me. When in doubt, just do it :D

Last edited:

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    WOW! What the heck (and where the heck) is that thing located?!? (I need to stay away from that intersection since I have enough trouble with a standard round about).

TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    My job has me driving all around Hamilton county on a daily basis. Round-a-bouts are definately a love/hate relationship. On one hand, it's better not having to come to a complete stop every 200 feet. On the other hand, I almost get killed everyday because morons don't understand "yield to the left" or can't read the signs and giant F'ing arrows painted on the ground and stay in the correct lane.

Not sure what part of Hamilton co you drive in, but as a resident of the county and someone who also works in the same county, I can say that no one has ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Not sure what part of Hamilton co you drive in, but as a resident of the county and someone who also works in the same county, I can say that no one has ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

I have noticed that as well. I always stop myself, I hate when someone rolls through a stop sign thinking they can speed up before I get to them.

At least most people signal here, even though they do it right as they turn. It's the thought that counts, right? :D In TN I hardly ever see a turn signal... the ones that I do see, I bet it's just a smoker who was lighting a cigarette and bumped the switch.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Johnson Co. must have roundabout envy. They installed one on 144 and Morgantown Road. Granted, Morgantown comes in at an oblique angle to 144 making seeing one direction of the oncoming traffic much more difficult. But a roundabout. For 1/10th (or less) the traffic Hamilton Co roads see?

Semis must hate those things. The ones along Dan Jones between Plainfield and Avon are ridiculous.

I don't drive a semi, my truck is a flatbed Kenworth with a 28' wheelbase. Driving around roundabouts is a pain in the ass! It's like 4 turn of a BIG steering wheel, followed by a rather fast 4 turns the other way... It's a work out in Carmel! I would rather just jump the curb and go straight across the damn things! The small ones I've rode the back tires up on (not on purpose either) and ridden it all the way around. Left some black on them and got some really dirty looks from the old ladies that think they own the road up there!

Top Bottom