MCCSC fills all teaching positions, but Indiana teachers face nationally low pay, public criticism

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Over half of our state’s budget goes to education. If paying teachers more is the priority, then we should look at where the money is going. Maybe decimate the non-teaching positions. Maybe implement a competition aspect to the schools to provide the best education for the dollar.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    They get paid well to be babysitters. That is more than they are worth
    Obviously not married to a teacher. I am. Shes worth more but thats my opinion. She left one of the bigger suburban school districts because the administration was getting larger and larger. More positions added that weren't actually teachers. They were implementing BS requirements and all sorts of required training that had nothing to do with teaching and all the things about how to be ashamed she was white. THose were fun.

One of the biggest issues she fought were absentee parents that didn't do anything to help educate their own children, including potty training. But those parents would be the first to raise hell and bring a lawsuit against her or the school if they felt slighted. She never lost just so you know.

But please, tell me again how horrific all teachers are.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Pretty bad. The students and their lack of knowledge tells the whole story. Sorry bob, but the system is rotten, your wife just left a rotten situation for a less rotten one but it all is rotten. The older teachers try but cannot overcome the rotten system. Until education is in the hands of parents that care, it is doomed to this…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Pretty bad. The students and their lack of knowledge tells the whole story. Sorry bob, but the system is rotten, your wife just left a rotten situation for a less rotten one but it all is rotten. The older teachers try but cannot overcome the rotten system. Until education is in the hands of parents that care, it is doomed to this…
    The parents she dealt with are NOT going to make anything better. When their solution to an out of control child s to let them do what they want? Yeah... please tell me how that's a teachers fault? That's going to take some serious olympian level gymnastics to get there.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have heard far too often that administrators in school systems are made up of multiple levels superintendents, principals, vice principals, etc.

My very uninformed understanding is that we spend more per child on education than practically any other country (?). Without parental involvement it is very difficult for children to excel in school regardless of how good the teacher is. Add in the “woke“ curriculum that is being imposed on many school systems by some parents and administrators and the success of students must surely suffer further.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The teachers and their unions have been at the forefront of much of this. There are only two options, go along or oppose them and get canned, harassed, or worse. Many teachers bailed to religious schools but many of them are getting bad too.

The system is rotten. Does not mean your wife is…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe the curriculum?

CRT?
    Abortion rights?
    Proper pronoun requirements?
    Right to spin the wheel on gender?

There’s a chart somewhere I’ve seen (I probably never would be able to find it now) that shows the relative increase in student population, teacher staffing, and non-teacher staffing. Guess with one was compartively asymptotic? Yep, the non-teaching staffing. That’s where the fat is.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, married to a teacher too. You should here how bad the parents really are. Their attitude is horrible as they are always wanting to sue the school system. Uh, how is that benefitting little Johnny or Suzy? My wife teaches science and a good 1/3 can't read or write with all of those kids with IEP's. Teaching to a standard is what got all of the school systems except private / parochial schools into this mess since they are exempt from iLearn testing. Let teachers teach and make free thinkers out of kids like they used to do. We never had standards to meet when I went to school unless it was the final exam and that was controlled by the teacher who taught the class not some book company that sells the curriculum. It still has politics just like any other government programs. My wife said that Covid really messed things up as the kids that were isolated during that time are immature, entitled and not equipped mentally to learn in a classroom environment. The parents or grandparents often do their homework and it will show when the kid takes the unit test. Just my 2 Lincolns from hearing what is wrong on a daily basis.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    In the 2021-2022 school year, MCCSC teachers’ salaries ranged from $43,250 to $80,125,

Sounds like plenty of money to me, for Indiana. And that's with all their lavish holidays and breaks. Pay isn't the issue.

I also have teachers in the family. They have massive egos and martyr complexes, it's so hard caring this much, I only get three months to lay around in the summer while everyone else works, blah blah. However I can firsthand attest that school administrators are the dumbest people on the planet and parents are the most psychotic. Life pro tip, if you're gonna be a career teacher, go out and personally retain a lawyer. It'll pay for itself sooner than you think, because somebody WILL try to come after you.

Anyway. I don't think the system can be fixed. Delete it all, abolish property taxes, give people their money back, let the private sector deal with it. Public schools are basically daycare anyway, and everything you need to learn for a GED you can learn online for free. Let the market solve it and let parents be responsible for their kids.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Obviously not married to a teacher. I am. Shes worth more but thats my opinion. She left one of the bigger suburban school districts because the administration was getting larger and larger. More positions added that weren't actually teachers. They were implementing BS requirements and all sorts of required training that had nothing to do with teaching and all the things about how to be ashamed she was white. THose were fun.

One of the biggest issues she fought were absentee parents that didn't do anything to help educate their own children, including potty training. But those parents would be the first to raise hell and bring a lawsuit against her or the school if they felt slighted. She never lost just so you know.

Not saying teachers are horrific, though many are. The results of the schooling do not justify the cost spent. Every parent should get a voucher to keep and home school, or choose what school. What schools are producing equals babysitting

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    One of the biggest issues she fought were absentee parents that didn't do anything to help educate their own children, including potty training.

Truth here. State encourages destruction of the traditional nuclear family....and has had a good measure of success towards that goal.

Top Bottom