• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jordan's purported willingness to double the SALT deduction cap just to win a few votes has soured me on his candidacy. Hard to believe 'cut the debt, cut spending' promises when he rolled over so easily

Still probably the best option among the known contenders
    Not knowing what he’ll do is probably better than having confidence he’d rule like a tradcon.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    At this point I’m actually shocked some RINO’s haven’t voted Jeffries in. It’s apparent that a stop spending and make America great again speaker won’t be allowed in. The conservatives see it. And republicans have showed their true colors hating them. Can’t even watch FOX “the five” anymore. They condemn the conservative republicans as traitors and praise the democrat loving republicans. And they still don’t get it. Because they are all rich and living high off the hog. Keep the spending going it will be all ok, as long as it doesn’t collapse before I die.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Never heard of him, but he talks a good game. :thumbsup:
    I’m gonna invent a new term because typing out some form of chamber-o-commerce, neocon, establishment, globalist ****sucker elite, is a pain. I’m just gonna call them tradcons. Neocons have been in charge of the Republican Party so long they’re really not “neo” anymore. They’re now the “tradition”. So…

Byron Donald’s makes the “…owns the libs” shorts in my youtube feed often enough. But, he seems to lean a bit too tradcon in my estimation even for a Florida Man. He’s a finance guy though, I’m having a hard time finding some real USF (US First) cred. But. He’s more of an unknown than some of the others in the running who have strong tradcon cred.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At this point I’m actually shocked some RINO’s haven’t voted Jeffries in. It’s apparent that a stop spending and make America great again speaker won’t be allowed in. The conservatives see it. And republicans have showed their true colors hating them. Can’t even watch FOX “the five” anymore. They condemn the conservative republicans as traitors and praise the democrat loving republicans. And they still don’t get it. Because they are all rich and living high off the hog. Keep the spending going it will be all ok, as long as it doesn’t collapse before I die.
    The Cheney **** sure would have if she were still in it. Tradcon to the core.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm mildly interested in learning about the motivations of the various factions of the dysfunctional Republican Party. However, I've gotten so sick of the RINO pejorative, that now I'm at the point where if that acronym is used, the article, posting or story automatically goes into my mental "Do Not Read" file. For you fellow UNIX dinosaurs out there it's an internal mv RINO > /dev/null

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another reason why the House Republican uni-party left didn't want Jordan as Speaker is because he's against the huge omnibus spending Bills where spending is slopped into a big blob of thousands of pages.

But many like the all-in-one omnibus Bills because it gives them political cover to not have to go on the record as being for or against a particular issue.
    They can claim they were "forced" to make a choice of the whole package or nothing.

Look how now they're trying to lump Israel and Ukraine together, when they are entirely separate issues.
    This way, it gives political cover to not have to go on record as being for or against Israel.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They had the closest to this with Jordan, but the Republican uni-party left was determined to not allow it.
    The Republicans would rather have House leadership that is just "go along to get along" with the House Democrats.

YET, as hard left as the Democrat House leadership is, the Republicans need House leadership who are as hard to the right as the Democrat leadership is to the left.

IF NOT, things will just continue shifting to the left as the House Democrats keep whittling away at our liberties from weak Republican leadership.

As long as they're conservative I don't care where they fall on the spectrum. The republicans in the House are looking like a mob of goobers running amok. The democrats could have easily kept McCarthy in but are enjoying the drama that now exists. With popcorn I presume.

Ah. So we’re looking for a corrupt leader. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Charlie Wilson comes to mind. Corrupt as sin yet organized funding to destroy the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

Nancy had dirt on all of them. Was the person if you wanted to get rich in stock trading you went to. And you want a conservative Republican doing the same…? That’s why we are where we are today. They are corrupt, there is no good dealings going on. Borrow and spend must be maintained until the total collapse.

Yes, she probably had dirt on some of them. But constantly blackmailing and bullying won't keep you in power. She was owed a lot of favors and owed a lot of favors. She wheeled and dealed within her own party and probably across the aisle as well. It was the dealing that kept her in power.

---------------------

I think the problem some folks have is they have a hard time understanding that they will NEVER GET WHAT THEY WANT - TODAY. The ship of state has thousands of hands on the helm. A congressman is powerful but not when compared to all the senators, federal judges, lobbyists, etc. He is one of 435. And he needs funding from somewhere, so he is already compromised (corrupt) himself by debts to donors, because they have strings on him.

I agree with the fiscal conservatives on wanting to reign in spending. I don't agree with just cutting budgets. I want to cut programs, but even then I think they must be phased out. A hard stop on about anything will have seriously negative consequences.

Regards,

Doug

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm mildly interested in learning about the motivations of the various factions of the dysfunctional Republican Party. However, I've gotten so sick of the RINO pejorative, that now I'm at the point where if that acronym is used, the article, posting or story automatically goes into my mental "Do Not Read" file. For you fellow UNIX dinosaurs out there it's an internal mv RINO > /dev/null
    And we should care why, exactly?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Another reason why the House Republican uni-party left didn't want Jordan as Speaker is because he's against the huge omnibus spending Bills where spending is slopped into a big blob of thousands of pages.

But many like the all-in-one omnibus Bills because it gives the political cover to not have to go on the record as being for or against a particular issue.
    They can claim they were "forced" to make a choice of the whole package or nothing.

Look how now they're trying to lump Israel and Ukraine together, when they are entirely separate issues.
    This way, it gives political cover to not have to go on record as being for or against Israel.
    IMO it is worse than that, and the big omnibus bills not only give them cover but allow them to insert the functional equivalent of earmarks for supporters and/or their pet projects. I have read many times about questionable spending winding up in such bills or loopholes being opened and supposedly no one being able to say who inserted the language or how it got in the bill

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’ll just refer to them as communists for clarity from now on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    IMO it is worse than that, and the big omnibus bills not only give them cover but allow them to insert the functional equivalent of earmarks for supporters and/or their pet projects. I have read many times about questionable spending winding up in such bills or loopholes being opened and supposedly no one being able to say who inserted the language or how it got in the bill
    Whoever came up the idea is probably a genius. And ****sucker of course. They get to sell favors without any accountability. It’s no wonder it never gets fixed. They’d lose their gravy train.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nothing like a little INGO hyperbole on a frosty Sunday morning.
    Well their antics seem more like the response of communists than those for freedom.

“The device: A simple two-paragraph pledge, spearheaded by Rep. Mike Flood (R-Neb.), to vote “yea” on the floor for whoever wins the House Republican conference’s backing in the initial secret-ballot election scheduled for Tuesday. To pick up more commitments, Flood is organizing a bloc of Republicans to withhold support from candidates unless they press their backers to sign the pledge.”

Yep, secret ballots again trying to force this crap on us…

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Well their antics seem more like the response of communists than those for freedom.

“The device: A simple two-paragraph pledge, spearheaded by Rep. Mike Flood (R-Neb.), to vote “yea” on the floor for whoever wins the House Republican conference’s backing in the initial secret-ballot election scheduled for Tuesday. To pick up more commitments, Flood is organizing a bloc of Republicans to withhold support from candidates unless they press their backers to sign the pledge.”

Yep, secret ballots again trying to force this crap on us…

I say lock every one of these mother ****ers in a room with no food, no water, no toilet, and see how fast they elect a new speaker.

Top Bottom