Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Because it sets a bad trend, IMHO.
    A trend. Personal autonomy is a trend. Federal mandates should be measured against trends. Do you want to know what a bad trend is? A male decathlete with fake **** wearing a dress. A university that believes Ze is an actual pronoun. A trend, geez. Are you the arbiter of what trend is good or bad? You wanna know what a bad trend is? The fed, knowing they cannot dictate directly, using third parties to dictate for them. If an employer is directed to require a jab, maybe the fed can require landlords and mortgage companies to forbid firearms in homes. Maybe the fed can have a third party imprison you without due process. A trend. Good Lord.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    They'll just do it like the vax if people comply with the vax.

Turn in your guns or lose your job, and your employer will be fined if you don't do it.
    They've proven it's an effective strategy because people are dumb enough to go along with it.
    Spot on.
    Establish the neural pathway and the way forward is there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    With record unemployment and record job openings the "easy to replace holdouts" may be a decision they regret.

ROTFLMAO

Maybe not stupid, but incredibly short sighted.

Yup. We ran with minimum crews for so long. And the maintenance work force is pretty gray. Production crews are also short, but not quite as old.
    But with everyone already working hours, letting a person or two go has cost millions in production.
    We've had people off for discipline, called back and records cleaned so that we could make money.
    Letting 10 percent go.. that would paralyze the company.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    They'll just do it like the vax if people comply with the vax.

Turn in your guns or lose your job, and your employer will be fined if you don't do it.
    They've proven it's an effective strategy because people are dumb enough to go along with it.
    Sounds exactly like a political ideology that rhymes with bascism…

We should be certain we’re already on lists and sooner or later will be invited by snitches to break the law…

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Violation of EOC or whatever law that is.

What law says a religious exemption must be granted?
    There should be no need for such a law, at least not in this country. Don't require medical procedures and you won't need religious exemptions. But, the whole freedom of religion is no longer applicable I guess. God forbid you question someone's gender these days but feel free to determine which religions are or are not legitimate for others.

God bless the USA

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because it sets a bad trend, IMHO.

It drives sheepish people further into sheep and guarantees further government abuse of power, and further entrenches opposition. All while putting yourself right in between two extremes that make up the overwhelming majority of the public.

Rational minds are a 1 in a million at this point. I really recommend you re-evaluate your views on the vax. Your words set a bad trend. At least people opposing the vax for any reason are counter signaling the overwhelmingly well funded and massive propaganda campaign even if you disagree with them.

It'd be kind of like taking a sidelines position during the civil rights act... Do you really want to be that guy?

The only way this thing cools down is large public opposition to the vax. It doesn't matter how good the vax may be, the governmental consequences of this being allowed to stand will do far more destruction than covid could ever dream of.

A single lie killed a million+ people over the past 2 decades, what do you think something of this scope could do?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There should be no need for such a law, at least not in this country. Don't require medical procedures and you won't need religious exemptions. But, the whole freedom of religion is no longer applicable I guess. God forbid you question someone's gender these days but feel free to determine which religions are or are not legitimate for others.

God bless the USA
    I think I agree with you, as long as you are speaking of government requiring medical procedures, which in this case is vaccinations, for employment. When it comes to employer requirements, I don't have an issue with that (yet) do you?

If an employment application included a spot for an applicant to declare a religion and a need for religious exemptions was part of the interview, would that be a problem for you?

I consider known atheists getting religious exemptions for a vaccine a hypocritical act. Do you?

My question, which your post did not answer, asked a question from the framework of how things are. Your answer came from the perspective of how things should be.

If we are discussing how things should be, then I can't imagine (yet) how a pre employment religion discussion would be an issue since in the world of how things should be, the employer wouldn't discriminate on that question alone as "freedom of religion" is a constitutional right.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    THE. PERSON. STATING. THEIR. EXEMPTION. NOT. YOU. NOT. THE. EMPLOYER. NOT. ME.

This is NOT that hard.
    Then if its not hard, the person can list their exemptions up front during the interview. After all, one does it with everything else, or should.

Salary, schedules, OT, Travel,

My mother refused to work Sundays, my Grandparents did. Sunday they went to church. They turned down jobs for it.

Especially post Covid, requirement of medical procedures for the job going beyond drug testing ought to be asked and answered in the job interview.

Now we can't go back on our current jobs and re interview, but that would definitely be a discussion point in the next interview.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    45,000 dead from Vax. Everyone get lined up for many many boosters so the gubermint can S(l)ave you!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    45,000 dead from Vax. Everyone get lined up for many many boosters so the gubermint can S(l)ave you!

There is the whole correlation is causation thing going on here though. Or did they count deaths by motorcycle? I know some here advocate that, not me. Maybe its true.

My takeaway is if your immune system is tough enough to survive the first 14 days, you are rockin!

I am at about 90ish! I am killin' that virus left and right. Naturally and through chemicals!

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

Sounds like clickbait. Any stats on how many people normally die within any two week period? And pretty good odds the over 80 crowd will exhibit a higher total than those that are younger.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yup. We ran with minimum crews for so long. And the maintenance work force is pretty gray. Production crews are also short, but not quite as old.
    But with everyone already working hours, letting a person or two go has cost millions in production.
    We've had people off for discipline, called back and records cleaned so that we could make money.
    Letting 10 percent go.. that would paralyze the company.

This. I see it everywhere I go. All organizations lose people to retirement, but for whatever reasons the gulf between the trained and untrained has widened dramatically. In a few years companies will lose 10% of their workforce but 90% of their experience in many segments of manufacturing. It's like stripping all the NCOs out of an army and being left with officers and recruits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom