• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

Investigators found Gonzalez had recently traveled back to Dallas from Colorado where she had the abortion.

“It is believed that the suspect was the father of the child,” the affidavit said. “The suspect did not want (Gonzalez) to get an abortion.”

I put this in it's own thread instead of the R-v-W thread because I think this opens the door to a much needed discussion about Father's Rights.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

I put this in it's own thread instead of the R-v-W thread because I think this opens the door to a much needed discussion about Father's Rights.

Agreed. No say in the “fetus” but once the baby is born all of a sudden the court says he owes 50% of his check? To me they cannot have it both ways. Either the baby/fetus is 50% mine or it is not. Shouldn’t just be at the mother’s convenience.

Maybe elective abortions need mutual consent just like the act that created the life……

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Agreed. No say in the “fetus” but once the baby is born all of a sudden the court says he owes 50% of his check? To me they cannot have it both ways. Either the baby/fetus is 50% mine or it is not. Shouldn’t just be at the mother’s convenience.
    More like 20% of your check, not 50%.

I'm sure if the woman could give the fetus to the guy she would.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

I don’t know the exact numbers since I am never going to put myself into this situation.

The point I am making is still valid. What I am saying is the act of making the baby takes both parties consent I think maybe terminating the baby should take consent unless it is an emergency. Have a court system dedicated to these cases so it can get fast tracked if there is a disagreement. This is just me thinking out loud obviously no system is perfect including the current one. .guv loves throwing money at things so paternity court system would be right up their alley.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    THIS guy seems a total POS from what I am reading and the way he is being described. Might not be that way, as we all know how the media can frame things, but this situation in the reading doesn't seem like a one off crime of passion, it seems like it was a matter of time thing. I am not defending or bein an apologist in any way shape or form for this guy.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    THIS guy seems a total POS from what I am reading and the way he is being described. Might not be that way, as we all know how the media can frame things, but this situation in the reading doesn't seem like a one off crime of passion, it seems like it was a matter of time thing. I am not defending or bein an apologist in any way shape or form for this guy.

Did not read the article. Anything I said is related to the headline only obviously there are MANY circumstances and I am not defending THIS guy at all (or any murderer) just saying the abortion/child support “rules” don’t exactly make sense considering it takes two to tango.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Homicidal people doing homicidal things. Who cares why. We just had a homicide where a guy tried to return a bag of chips to a store. The clerk wouldn't do it so he literally went to a gun store, bought a gun, and returned the next week, shooting and killing her in the store. We don't debate the store policy for returns because it's irrelevant. Gross over reactions to life events that "normal" people deal with appropriately every day.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Homicidal people doing homicidal things. Who cares why. We just had a homicide where a guy tried to return a bag of chips to a store. The clerk wouldn't do it so he literally went to a gun store, bought a gun, and returned the next week, shooting and killing her in the store. We don't debate the store policy for returns because it's irrelevant. Gross over reactions to life events that "normal" people deal with appropriately every day.
    The Dollar General killing?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Its easier to say shes getting half of my check to the world.

The mathmaticial equation for support is reasonably fair. I was told that I would never get parental custody with our divorce, I won.

Dont want to be angry shes getting an abortion? its easy to avoid.

Dont bust up in there.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Seems like the thread for abortion is more appropriate for debating rather than the thread for the homicide of a woman by her boyfriend. Squeezing them together gives more credence to the "rationale" behind the murder. I think we have more sympathizers to this guy here than might let on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems like the thread for abortion is more appropriate for debating rather than the thread for the homicide of a woman by her boyfriend. Squeezing them together gives more credence to the "rationale" behind the murder. I think we have more sympathizers to this guy here than might let on.
    Some degree of sympathy? I dunno. You don't shoot and kill people over something like this, you just make sure you get away from them forever and hopefully learn from it.

Top Bottom