• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read on INGO that the only reason people OC is to make a political statement. Sadly, no purple there.

But I read an "updated article" that said the gun was NOT loaded, and that he was NOT carrying it but rather took it out to show his friend/cousin/whatever. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Naturally now I can't find it or remember where I found it the first time so take that with a truckload of salt :scratch:

Some folks just should not own guns/carry guns or venture outdoors alone.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What.
    Show some statistics where you get these facts. Please. If you know this you had to read it somewhere.

Which of those statements did you find implausible? I conclude many things by various means, and "reading it somewhere" is not quite the exclusive method you suggest.

Also, with statistics often used to support or promote two contrary positions, which data sets represent truth and which are false? I'd hate to leave the analysis to anyone who believes everything they read.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Nonsense, open carry deters more crime than it attracts.

Being robbed is simply one of the risks of existing in a society with robbers. Avoiding certain areas at certain times goes a long way in mitigating those risks, but concealed guns are more routinely discovered and taken in this same manner.

What.
    Show some statistics where you get these facts. Please. If you know this you had to read it somewhere.

Which of those statements did you find implausible? I conclude many things by various means, and "reading it somewhere" is not quite the exclusive method you suggest.

Also, with statistics often used to support or promote two contrary positions, which data sets represent truth and which are false? I'd hate to leave the analysis to anyone who believes everything they read.

It is very admiral of you to admit that you have nothing to backup your statement. Although you could have just said "I've got nothing"

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let's get back to the best part of the article, shall we?

Dude ran away...in flip flops! Hahaha!!!

"Which way did he go?"
    "I don't know! Shhhh!! Listen!"
    *slap*snap*slap*snap*...
    "THAT way!! Quick!"

LOL!

And...if that ground, especially the grass had been wet, there likely been a:

Slap, slap, slap, *whoosh*, *thud*, *groan*...

Ask me how I know.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oooh, ouch!! lol

I can laugh now...but to complete the picture, imagine your ankle folded up under your too fat butt and the water sprinkler spraying all over you as you feebly try to get up...yeah, serious pain AND humiliation--that was a memorable day.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I can laugh now...but to complete the picture, imagine your ankle folded up under your too fat butt and the water sprinkler spraying all over you as you feebly try to get up...yeah, serious pain AND humiliation--that was a memorable day.

Yeah, but were you OCing? All kinds of bad things happen to those who open carry! :shady:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Nonsense, open carry deters more crime than it attracts.

Being robbed is simply one of the risks of existing in a society with robbers. Avoiding certain areas at certain times goes a long way in mitigating those risks, but concealed guns are more routinely discovered and taken in this same manner.

Your rebuttal is flawed. Being targeted is clearly a risk. This case is evidentiary. The man was clearly targeted because he was OC. Whether the risk outweighs the benefit is the question. Since it is very difficult to garner data on "deterred" crimes, the answer remains at large.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Your rebuttal is flawed. Being targeted is clearly a risk. This case is evidentiary. The man was clearly targeted because he was OC. Whether the risk outweighs the benefit is the question. Since it is very difficult to garner data on "deterred" crimes, the answer remains at large.

Right. There are advantages with both methods. And the believers of each are vociferous in their support. They can both lay out valid, logical arguments that make each method attractive. We'll never know how many assaults were avoided because the BG saw the gun or how many would have occurred anyway whether the gun was viewed or not. All we really know is when the police are called for an event or when folks come onto sites like this and state what they've seen, done, or encountered.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    LOL!

And...if that ground, especially the grass had been wet, there likely been a:

Slap, slap, slap, *whoosh*, *thud*, *groan*...

Ask me how I know.

Probably more like this.
    Hold onto Hi-Point with right hand
    Hold onto P22 with left hand
    Pants are falling down (They are three sizes too big ya know)
    Use inside of arm to apply pressure at waistband and hold tight, or try to gain some traction on the sweat pants in hopes of pulling them up a little.
    Slap, slap, slap. *whoosh*, *thud*, *groan*......

And if he got busted.
    While giving a statment to the Popo:

I was just minding my own business, walking around trying to clear my head for my SAT test tomorrow, when some dude said "Hey man want a smoke" I thought sure, it might help calm the nerves a little. Dude gives me a smoke and a light, then asks me if I could keep his two pistols for him so that his crazy mom didn't find out about it. I agreed to help him out (cuz I'm a nice guy) and then he gave me the guns. I heard my mom calling for me so I took off running, and thats when I fell and hurt myself. Can I press charges against the dude for giving me the guns?

The Popo asks "For what". The dude says that he had to use both hands to hold the guns for the other guy and his pants fell down causing him to trip and get hurt. "It's a clear cut case of wreckless endangerment officer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I cannot locate a video clip of Late Night Seth Myer's monologue last evening. Basically, he recounted this story with out adding anything to it. The silly irony of the story itself was plenty enough to draw laughter.

We can pick this guy apart about this choices, methods and tactics (or lack of) all day. I won't even delve into the overused buzz phrase that we always throw at anyone who doesn't have eyes in the back of their head, "situational awareness." The simple fact is that this fellow was clueless and his actions reflect poorly on all of us.

I believe our open carry advocates should put a much stronger effort into education among their ranks. :twocents:
    How many INGOers do we see posting that they just got their LTCH and now they are OCing? Are they any smarter than our friend in Oregon?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I make statements based on my beliefs and my experiences in this life. I could not make that statement in clear conscience. It seems you made it from your personal belief in OC.
    Again, no knock and I can see your point....to a point.
    Not everything has a link attached.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I cannot locate a video clip of Late Night Seth Myer's monologue last evening. Basically, he recounted this story with out adding anything to it. The silly irony of the story itself was plenty enough to draw laughter.

We can pick this guy apart about this choices, methods and tactics (or lack of) all day. I won't even delve into the overused buzz phrase that we always throw at anyone who doesn't have eyes in the back of their head, "situational awareness." The simple fact is that this fellow was clueless and his actions reflect poorly on all of us.

I believe our open carry advocates should put a much stronger effort into education among their ranks. :twocents:
    How many INGOers do we see posting that they just got their LTCH and now they are OCing? Are they any smarter than our friend in Oregon?

This exact same statement can be used about CCing.
    Is there a point?

CCers get robbed also.
    With a number of people carrying, it's going to happen.

Top Bottom