• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What the H. E. double hockeysticks was a 5 year old girl doing out at 2am??? And in her (apparently really convincing) Halloween costume at that???? :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Would INGO have handed over the firearm same as the victim? Or would you have chosen another route?

If I slipped up and let a stranger get that close to me and he already had a gun drawn, he'd probably get mine. A gun can be replaced.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I slipped up and let a stranger get that close to me and he already had a gun drawn, he'd probably get mine. A gun can be replaced.

I am not so sure that I would give mine up.
    1st, no one gets that close.
    2nd, not hanging on a corner OC at 2 AM
    3rd, I will use my side arm. I do not carry it to be cool.
    Just saying.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am not so sure that I would give mine up.
    1st, no one gets that close.
    2nd, not hanging on a corner OC at 2 AM
    3rd, I will use my side arm. I do not carry it to be cool.
    Just saying.

But in this scenario, you already failed 1 and 2. The bad guy has a gun pointing at your body...

There are all sorts of what ifs you could dream up that might exist at that point. But assuming the bad guy's gun looked real, in working order, ready to fire, he seemed to be of a state of mind he would follow through, or such things one might be able to discern in those few seconds, in the middle of the night...yeah, my gun replacement will be much cheaper than a trip to the emergency room.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But in this scenario, you already failed 1 and 2. The bad guy has a gun pointing at your body...

There are all sorts of what ifs you could dream up that might exist at that point. But assuming the bad guy's gun looked real, in working order, ready to fire, he seemed to be of a state of mind he would follow through, or such things one might be able to discern in those few seconds, in the middle of the night...yeah, my gun replacement will be much cheaper than a trip to the emergency room.

Agreed. To a point. like I said.....the cigarette ploy is way to old and I have already seen it more than once.
    Next time we are breaking bread together we will discuss these scenarios. Way to many armchair keyboard commandos in here with no real experience. Just saying.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agreed. To a point. like I said.....the cigarette ploy is way to old and I have already seen it more than once.
    Next time we are breaking bread together we will discuss these scenarios. Way to many armchair keyboard commandos in here with no real experience. Just saying.
    :cheers:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You have never met Moose from Big Daddys. That guy will talk you out of your gun and have you cooking for him quicker than you can say. WTF...

:): He might well do that. And if he could do it without moving his hands, he could do it without extra holes in him. ;)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is one of the risks of open carry.

Nonsense, open carry deters more crime than it attracts.

Being robbed is simply one of the risks of existing in a society with robbers. Avoiding certain areas at certain times goes a long way in mitigating those risks, but concealed guns are more routinely discovered and taken in this same manner.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I would bet that he would have been robbed even if he hadn't had an openly carried gun. The BG probably just happened to see the gun and decided it was worth more than a possibly empty wallet. Wrong place, wrong time.

Just my :twocents:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Nonsense, open carry deters more crime than it attracts.

Being robbed is simply one of the risks of existing in a society with robbers. Avoiding certain areas at certain times goes a long way in mitigating those risks, but concealed guns are more routinely discovered and taken in this same manner.

But not by the little girl taking yours while open carrying. You shouldn't have posted the picture in your signature for all to see though :laugh:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would bet that he would have been robbed even if he hadn't had an openly carried gun. The BG probably just happened to see the gun and decided it was worth more than a possibly empty wallet. Wrong place, wrong time.

Just my :twocents:

Maybe he saw the girly 22 pistol and decided it would be a good gift for his momma. ​He is a good boy and never does anything wrong.

Top Bottom