Male Friend Dresses in Women's Clothing!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I wouldn't want to know that either. My question is will you let him know you know?......what a uncomfortable moment between friends.
    What's the big deal here? Maybe it's an age thing or I'm just weird but if I found out a friend of mine did a weird thing I'd wouldn't hesitate to ask about it.

I guess it comes down to how close you are with your pals. With most of my pals nothing is off the table in regards to discussion.

Maybe hes meds are off, maybe he needs meds, maybe he's old and bored and is trying to shake things up, maybe he's been watching a lot of videos of that Dylan guy who thinks he's a chick and it seems really fun to him.

Stop being so stuffy and ask him.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I was thinking of unwilling participants of the general public at large. There is a back story that involved our Son who was 6 at the time had a cross dresser approach him not realizing that dad was about 2 feet from him.
    You never mentioned if the person did anything inappropriate to your son. If they did, I am truly sorry. Regardless, the fact that the person was a cross dresser is totally irrelevant. What if it was a guy in a Van Halen t-shirt who approached your son? Do we ban wearing Van Halen t-shirts in public? Blaming the clothing instead of the offender is ridiculous.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    [/QUOTE]
    You never mentioned if the person did anything appropriate. If they did, I am truly sorry. Regardless, the fact that the person was a cross dresser is totally irrelevant. What if it was a guy in a Van Halen t-shirt who approached your son? Do we ban wearing Van Halen t-shirts in public? Blaming the clothing instead of the offender is ridiculous.

Agreed that goes both ways though. From maga hats to burqas.

How you dress and present yourself is your first impression to people. Until you prove otherwise through actions. When you see someone with a face tattoo do you think they are priest ? We all like to believe we don’t judge a book by the cover but I don’t think it is even possible for the human brain to do that.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Totally agree that it goes both (all) ways. But I still maintain that assuming a person's character and behaviors based solely on the way they are dressed is wrong.
    But a lot of times how they are dressed will give you context clues to the persons intentions/beliefs. Which may or may not align with yours.

Going from what the media says… if you have a maga hat you are a gun owning racist. And if you cross dress you believe in trans story time and pedophilia.

Obviously neither of those are always true but media brainwashing runs deep. And some times it probably is true.

Judging solely on appearance obviously is not ideal….. but until they show you “who they really are” that is all you have to go off of.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    But a lot of times how they are dressed will give you context clues to the persons intentions/beliefs. Which may or may not align with yours.

Going from what the media says… if you have a maga hat you are a gun owning racist. And if you cross dress you believe in trans story time and pedophilia.

Obviously neither of those are always true but media brainwashing runs deep. And some times it probably is true.

Judging solely on appearance obviously is not ideal….. but until they show you “who they really are” that is all you have to go off of.
    So in other words, people are guilty until proven innocent?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So in other words, people are guilty until proven innocent?
    No in other words people are judged until they prove otherwise. Everyone is guilty of this to some degree maybe not the extreme examples I posted.

if you dress and look like a hillbilly you will likely be treated like one until you prove otherwise. Not saying it is right but it is how people are wired.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the arrogance and affluence of our society we are throwing away protections our ancestors developed over centuries.

“Societal standards — whether in dress, language, body shape, or behavior — have existed since the beginning of civilization for a reason. We abandoned them, for the first time in human history, against logic and at great cost. And those who can least afford it pay the highest price.”

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    if you dress and look like a hillbilly you will likely be treated like one until you prove otherwise. Not saying it is right but it is how people are wired.

At my age I don't care what most people think ... So I dress to be Comfortable - which means Sweats or Shorts -- does that mean I am less than someone with a 3 pc Suit ?

edit: add a Baseball cap

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm sure I can sometimes be as old-fashioned as any 61 year-old, and I do recognize the importance and utility in social norms. But, one thing I've learned about people is that the more "different" someone appears at first glance, the easier it is for people to see them as a problem and the more "normal" someone appears, the easier it is for people to overlook really questionable behavior. Like with most things, most of us could do better to look below the surface.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    At my age I don't care what most people think ... So I dress to be Comfortable - which means Sweats or Shorts -- does that mean I am less than someone with a 3 pc Suit ?

edit: add a Baseball cap

Less ? No. You dress for the job you want. Is a saying for a reason.

That’s the beautiful thing about freedom it goes ALL ways. You are free to dress as you want and people are free to judge you as they like. I dress how I want and I do not care how anyone feels about me. But if I am going to a bank to beg for money I wouldn’t wear sweats ? If I am going to church I wouldn’t wear basketball shorts? I wouldn’t wear a pink suit to a funeral. Am I free to do all of those things ? Yes.

None of this is new has been going on as long as man.

Top Bottom