• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The are Saiga clones Made in China Here is the one he was thinking about buying for 4 bills https://palmettostatearmory.com/jts-ak-12-ga-18-semi-auto-shotgun-black-m12ak.html

Does your friend already own a Hi-Point? :dunno:

If your friend is into unreliable firearms with poor fit and finish, tell him to buy it.

Many years ago I took a Chinese Model 97 as part of a trade, still have that gun and it still shoots just fine. I don't like the chinese either, but some of their stuff isn't bad.

The Norinco 97 was made by a decent company using a decent design.

Plus it wasn't an autoloader.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Anymore we need to take the mindset that it doesnt matter if quality is ok, IF it's chinese we dont buy it!!!! simple enough. If an alternative is available, I wont be buying anything chinee!!!!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Well said. Economical but reliable shotguns are made by Mossberg, Stevens, Savage (I think), and Remington. No need to buy Chinese.

Stevens shotguns are made in China

People may not like Chinese made out of principle but typically the guns do work well, and way more consistent than say.... what Remington is producing nowadays. When you see new matte blue 700s or 870s being pulled out of the box and covered in rust cause they didn’t kill the bluing salts before they boxed them up, but that Chinese shotgun who’s just spent the past 3 months at sea is spotless.....

When it comes to guns, shotguns especially, a lot more of the clones seem to be coming out of Turkey. They copy Beretta gas systems, or clone Winchester 1300s (with simpler trigger groups). Least the Chinese made AK shotguns try to be different than their Russian (Saiga and VEPR) counterparts.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So...freaking....what. The ChiComs are our enemies, you want to throw your money to your future masters because their cheap **** is better then by all means bow down. You think they're going to let you keep those guns? Liberty? What's that when we can get their cheap **** that's better than our cheap ****.

Is that a set of historical bifocals you need?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Historical bifocals....lets see....

HK, Walther, Sig Sauer- Highly regarded firearms and from Germany (Sig mostly being US made now), who tried to take over the world.....twice

Miroku & Howa- Highly regarded firearms manufactures from Japan who bombed Pearl Harbor

EVERYTHING Turkish made (Weatherby shotguns, Mossberg Silver Reserves, Dickinson, Citadels, every CZ shotgun, list is endless)- Turkey produces a crap ton of guns, some very affordable $200 or less brand new, others can be $3k and very high quality. If I remember right though Turkey recently was holding US hostages

Arsenal, older Saiga, VEPRs- From Russia who.....Cold War, almost started a nuclear war with us countless times and we were in the Cold War with for decades. All the talk here about Mosin Nagants....

Did you have an issue with China 30 years ago when you could buy Norinco AKs for $150?

Where does you clothes come from? The knife in your pocket?

I'm not defending China by any means, just stating facts. If you're going to hate on one thing, you have to hate on everything that deserves it and be consistent about it

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Historical bifocals....lets see....

HK, Walther, Sig Sauer- Highly regarded firearms and from Germany (Sig mostly being US made now), who tried to take over the world.....twice

Miroku & Howa- Highly regarded firearms manufactures from Japan who bombed Pearl Harbor

EVERYTHING Turkish made (Weatherby shotguns, Mossberg Silver Reserves, Dickinson, Citadels, every CZ shotgun, list is endless)- Turkey produces a crap ton of guns, some very affordable $200 or less brand new, others can be $3k and very high quality. If I remember right though Turkey recently was holding US hostages

Arsenal, older Saiga, VEPRs- From Russia who.....Cold War, almost started a nuclear war with us countless times and we were in the Cold War with for decades. All the talk here about Mosin Nagants....

Did you have an issue with China 30 years ago when you could buy Norinco AKs for $150?

Where does you clothes come from? The knife in your pocket?

I'm not defending China by any means, just stating facts. If you're going to hate on one thing, you have to hate on everything that deserves it and be consistent about it

Oh, oh, do Spain, Or Yugoslavia, Or even America.

The fact is you cherry picked a lot of highly regarded gun makers in your list of cherry-picked list of countries.

And fact remains, the (un)listed brand of the shotgun in question definitely isn't highly regarded.

I'm not a China hater, but I'm not blind as to the quality of goods produced there. As for knives, sure you can a high quality knife from China (I have a Kizer - it's nice), but the vast majority of the stuff is cheap and somewhat disposable.

EDIT: I just scrolled up and see you're responding to Thor. That explains everything. :):

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Oh, oh, do Spain, Or Yugoslavia, Or even America.

The fact is you cherry picked a lot of highly regarded gun makers in your list of cherry-picked list of countries.

And fact remains, the (un)listed brand of the shotgun in question definitely isn't highly regarded.

I'm not a China hater, but I'm not blind as to the quality of goods produced there. As for knives, sure you can a high quality knife from China (I have a Kizer - it's nice), but the vast majority of the stuff is cheap and somewhat disposable.

That was intentional. Most countries out there has done things to warrant not buying things from them. But we do and don’t think about it or don’t care. Double standards, and that definitely includes America. It just seems like it’s popular to hate on China right now (which is completely understandable) but they forget all the others out there and what comes from them

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Ive been hating on China and Walmart ever since I saw what they did to Rubbermaid more than a decade ago. It is not practical to live without buying anything from China but I do everything I reasonably can to not buy from them. A firearm from China is something I can easily work around. I felt strongly about that 6 months ago and far more so now.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ive been hating on China and Walmart ever since I saw what they did to Rubbermaid more than a decade ago. It is not practical to live without buying anything from China but I do everything I reasonably can to not buy from them. A firearm from China is something I can easily work around. I felt strongly about that 6 months ago and far more so now.

What they did to Rubbermaid?

Am I confused - I thought the Rubbermaid brand was owned by an American company?

Don't blame China for sating the American consumers' appetite. If anyone, blame Walmart.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Screw China.
    The problem is in all seriousness, everything is made there. Even "American" companies.
    A friend bought a H&R pump shotgun a couple years ago....made in china. A complete embargo on them, to vomit them out of our economy, would hurt at first but be good in the long run

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That was intentional. Most countries out there has done things to warrant not buying things from them. But we do and don’t think about it or don’t care. Double standards, and that definitely includes America. It just seems like it’s popular to hate on China right now (which is completely understandable) but they forget all the others out there and what comes from them

The ChiComs are our CURRENT enemies. Are you really trying to say that doing business with Germany or Japan is equivalent to that? It's always appropriate to hate on our enemies no matter what the profit margin...right now that's the ChiComs.

Top Bottom