• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Instead of guessing, why done we just find out. Might just be someone needing money or a none gun person that does not know the worth. We are somtimes to paranoid for our own good.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Instead of guessing, why done we just find out. Might just be someone needing money or a none gun person that does not know the worth. We are somtimes to paranoid for our own good.

Make sure you see a DL and have a written contract. If you don't buy it, get a name, number and the serial number and check it with the police before you buy. How's that for checking it out?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Universals were popular due to their low price, and many people bought them from hardware stores, Sears, Wards, and other local gun sources back when Americans could buy guns in their neighborhoods.

Second Generation:
    (Started between SN 93xxx - 104xxx, ended between SN 176xxx and 187xxx)

The second generation is where Universal got creative, started redesigning things, added the second recoil spring, and started to machine their own parts. This model eliminated the bolt locking mechanism all together. These had a leaf style flip rear sight, round bolt, magazine catch marked M, and new trigger housing. These could still accept the USGI trigger housing, and some had the M2 style metal upper handguard. The front sight was held on with a setscrew, rather than pinned as the USGI is.

The transition in production between second generation and third generation is somewhere between 176xxx and 187xxx.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I would not pay any amount for a Universal. They are the poor, bastard stepchildren of the Carbine family.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a high price to me also. Of course, if it is any good at all, one could offer much less, you can always go up, you can't go back down. From what I understand, the ammo is also harder to find and expensive. I don't know this personally, just what someone told me.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i didnt know you could sell guns on craigslist??????? R

You cant. They cleverly disguised it as something that doesn't sound like a gun. Pretty smart if you ask me. They'll pull it when they figure it out. IF they figure it out.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a high price to me also. Of course, if it is any good at all, one could offer much less, you can always go up, you can't go back down. From what I understand, the ammo is also harder to find and expensive. I don't know this personally, just what someone told me.

saw some at the wally world by washington sq. mall on the east side of indy last week. stuff was like $30/box. i found my fathers m1 .30 carbine over christmas. cleaned it up a bit...been itching to get it out.

dont know much about m1's. it's marked as an Inland. other than that i have no clue.

Top Bottom