• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So why imply in your other post that Insta/FB is the only ones that could take control of the accounts, when you already know that other people can and do control them?

Obviously the twitter files have established that the government has programs to influence social media. But, I think it would be unreasonable to assume that social media would leave that stuff up since it clearly violates their terms. Why would people assume that they'd wait for government to ask?

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    I don't want to sound hard hearted or unfeeling but this happens literally every day. People leave home like any normal day and don't come home. Car crashes, heart attacks, hit by a bus, fire, etc etc. for 2021 10k people died every single day.

Yes, this is sad that one pile of **** did this to others, but on a day to day basis it's not even a statistical anomaly.

For you MommaBean, I hope the best of your situation and hope you find your way to work through it.
    Yes, I understand these things happen all the time, (and hopefully you have never had to go through it). But when these things happen so close it really makes you stop and think. At least it does for me.

On that note, I pray for all INGOers and their families to be safe, happy, and healthy on their journeys today! :)

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    I don't want to sound hard hearted or unfeeling but this happens literally every day. People leave home like any normal day and don't come home. Car crashes, heart attacks, hit by a bus, fire, etc etc. for 2021 10k people died every single day.
    And this is not lost upon me. That’s why I thank the Lord everyday for keeping my family and myself safe, healthy, & happy!!
    For you MommaBean, I hope the best of your situation and hope you find your way to work through it.
    Ditto Bobzilla. And Thank you!! :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m at work but my mind and heart is not.

Yesterday, I knew of these terrible events but I just prayed for all involved and trucked on. I didn’t see any updates until late yesterday evening. It’s really weighing on my heart how so many people’s lives were changed forever yesterday.

Could you imagine just going to work or thinking your mom or dad was just headed out for a days work?? I feel so bad for the victims’ families. And not only for the victims…Could you imagine being the shooters parents? Knowing the terrible thing your child just did??

I just can’t…. :(

I had read, I think here, that the shooter called his mom and told her what he was going to do. Maybe it's true, maybe not. But, as a parent, when I read that, I could not prevent empathy from imagining my own son calling my wife or me and telling us that. Not that I think my son could do that. But I suspect they didn't think theirs could.

It sounds like at some point the shooter was radicalized. I see the stuff he had on instagram. Sports. Weddings. Normal life stuff. And then murder. So I completely agree with you. I just can't process a parent having to deal with the two things that happened. One, their son turned out to be a mass murderer. Two, he's dead. Forget all the political ****. How can they process that?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And this is not lost upon me. That’s why I thank the Lord everyday for keeping my family and myself safe, healthy, & happy!!

Ditto Bobzilla. And Thank you!! :)
    Every day we wake up is a gift. I may feel like getting smelly socks for christmas type gift but it's a gift none the less. Be sure to enjoy every moment you can, love the ones you can and try and not take it or them for granted.

A few months back a pair of high school/college friends passed away the same week. They were both my age(ish, a year younger). It hits you that every day isn't guaranteed. Sometimes it takes a moment to recognize that the frustrating and trivial things we let bother us really don't matter that much.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    And expect pressure from the governor for new laws. There is a sound byte of him talking about two of the dead he knew, and his voice was wavering and cracking from emotion. I guess he has an office in that building. Reelection campaign, Republican HQ, etc. I dont recall which.

So this is obviously personal for him.

Everyone that was in that room that was killed was big in Democratic politics and served on re-election campaigns of the governor, the previous mayor and current mayor of Louisville. He can ask all he wants but Kentucky basically has a Republican supermajority in their house and I don't see that happening. Louisville can cry for gun laws all they want but it's not going to happen. What they need to do is straighten up their own house. It's amazing how everybody wrings their hands and gets puppy dog eyes when something like this happens, but I don't hear the same people pushing for something to happen when the West End is killing each other in big bleeding batches.

It's just like the Democrats on the national stage. Something like Nashville happens and everybody's crying for gun control, meanwhile the streets of Chicago damn near look like the first day of the Somme, everyday, yet I don't see them on the streets of Chicago clamoring for anything.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    I had read, I think here, that the shooter called his mom and told her what he was going to do. Maybe it's true, maybe not. But, as a parent, when I read that, I could not prevent empathy from imagining my own son calling my wife or me and telling us that. Not that I think my son could do that. But I suspect they didn't think theirs could.

It sounds like at some point the shooter was radicalized. I see the stuff he had on instagram. Sports. Weddings. Normal life stuff. And then murder. So I completely agree with you. I just can't process a parent having to deal with the two things that happened. One, their son turned out to be a mass murderer. Two, he's dead. Forget all the political ****. How can they process that?
    Exactly my point! I could not imagine. :(

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Every day we wake up is a gift. I may feel like getting smelly socks for christmas type gift but it's a gift none the less. Be sure to enjoy every moment you can, love the ones you can and try and not take it or them for granted.

A few months back a pair of high school/college friends passed away the same week. They were both my age(ish, a year younger). It hits you that every day isn't guaranteed. Sometimes it takes a moment to recognize that the frustrating and trivial things we let bother us really don't matter that much.
    Amen. Every day is a gift. I am so blessed. I am so much better off than i deserve.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If anyone wants to look more into it. When I searched his Reddit name it came up with a Reddit sub called r/masskillers . I saw a post from someone who knew him. There’s also another post about an official saying he was still employed at the time of the shooting.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    Everyone that was in that room that was killed was big in Democratic politics and served on re-election campaigns of the governor, the previous mayor and current mayor of Louisville. He can ask all he wants but Kentucky basically has a Republican supermajority in their house and I don't see that happening. Louisville can cry for gun laws all they want but it's not going to happen. What they need to do is straighten up their own house. It's amazing how everybody wrings their hands and gets puppy dog eyes when something like this happens, but I don't hear the same people pushing for something to happen when the West End is killing each other in big bleeding batches.

It's just like the Democrats on the national stage. Something like Nashville happens and everybody's crying for gun control, meanwhile the streets of Chicago damn near look like the first day of the Somme, everyday, yet I don't see them on the streets of Chicago clamoring for anything.
    Exactly right. I haven’t heard another word about the other shooting that happened yesterday just a couple hours after this incident. Why? Just because it was just another “normal day” in the west end?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    If anyone wants to look more into it. When I searched his Reddit name it came up with a Reddit sub called r/masskillers . I saw a post from someone who knew him. There’s also another post about an official saying he was still employed at the time of the shooting.
    I've only visited Reddit once in my life. And when I got done I took a shower and then I started drinking. That place is a cesspool

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Obviously the twitter files have established that the government has programs to influence social media. But, I think it would be unreasonable to assume that social media would leave that stuff up since it clearly violates their terms. Why would people assume that they'd wait for government to ask?
    I'm not assuming anything.

I'm just addressing the implication of No we don't do that only Insta/FB can do that. Now it's well yeah we do it, but........

Everyone knows they can and do do I, I just don't understand someone carrying their water for no reason.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Exactly right. I haven’t heard another word about the other shooting that happened yesterday just a couple hours after this incident. Why? Just because it was just another “normal day” in the west end?
    Right? Yeah, that was just business as usual for Louisville, nothing to see here. Probably everyone involved in that incident had a criminal history dating back to their elementary school days.

Top Bottom