• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    My old man has a 92fs and it is probably one of the most fun dead on guns he has to shoot. I keep telling my self i'm going to buy one when i get the money.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I think that the Sig 239, 225, or 229 deserves a look at, although if buying new, they are SALTY. Plainfield shooting supply and Bradis are the places to look for used sigs, and to be honest, I would trust a used sig with my life anyday.
    Sigs tend to be VERY comfortable to hold, carry, and shoot. They point true, and are known around the world for their "HELL AND BACK RELIABILITY"

And chances are if your first 9mm was a beretta, you must have liked the feel of a all metal frame.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I have an XDM in 9mm. It is a great gun. Shoots great. It's accuracy helps a novice shooter like myself feel a little more confident in my abilities. However, I'm a smaller guy, so the longer grip makes it hard for me to consider for comfortable CC.

I just ordered a CZ P-01 and look forward to giving it a try.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you are looking for a striker fired polymer framed. I would suggest an Xd/Xdm, M&P, CZ P-07, or an FN. The Taurus 24/7 is also a decent gun for the price. If you ware wanting a steel gun, and do not mind a hammer. I would suggest a 92FS, CZ 75B, or CZ P-01.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    . . . wanting input on xd's ,usp's ,cz's etc. . . . quote]

What kind of input do you want? They're all pistols from reputable manufacterers. They're all fine if they meet your requirements (i.e. price, fit, size, etc.).

Personally, for my primary civilian defensive gun I prefer something as close to a point and click device as possible due to stress and an approx 80% chance that one's hands or arms will be hit during an exchange.

So, I prefer a handgun that has no manual "safety" lever, grip "safety," or magazine disconnect. Others may have a different approach/priorities.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    . . . wanting input on xd's ,usp's ,cz's etc. . . . quote]

What kind of input do you want? They're all pistols from reputable manufacterers. They're all fine if they meet your requirements (i.e. price, fit, size, etc.).

Personally, for my primary civilian defensive gun I prefer something as close to a point and click device as possible due to stress and an approx 80% chance that one's hands or arms will be hit during an exchange.

So, I prefer a handgun that has no manual "safety" lever, grip "safety," or magazine disconnect. Others may have a different approach/priorities.

Ahhhh, a fellow revolver fan!

Top Bottom