• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gpasp101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    S. E. In.
    curently carry a sp101 for ccw looking to buy a 9 last 9 was a 92fs wanting input on xd's ,usp's ,cz's etc. spent most of my life with trap guns and not rcv'd alot of opinions on carry weapons. :twocents: ?

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I carry either my G19 or XD9SC and love them both, i like the G19 more though, they are both great carry guns but the XD9SC is smaller so if you want a smaller carry gun either go with the XD9SC or look at the G26, if your looking for a Compact go with the G19, i found that the G19 is just as comfortable as the subcompact, just my opinion

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The only 9 I have is a Browning HiPower. I really love it. If you like a full size, steel gun its the way to go.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looked at both the G19 and XDM today at the Ft Wayne gunshow. Couldnt make up my mind. Would probably prefer the XDM for just having fun at the range, but the Glock for ccw.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    M&P9 Compact

• Made in the US by American workers.
    • Lifetime Warranty
    • Adjustable to most any size hand
    • Better accuracy than many full size handguns
    • Best grip and ergos... In my humble opinion
    • $50 Rebate eligible

Same look as this M&P40c (with or without a thumb safety)
    mp40cfi5.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Beretta 92FS
    Springfield Armory XD9 / XD9sc
    Browning Hi-Power
    Para LTC
    S&W M&P
    Sig 226
    Sig 239

All great 9s.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Are you looking for something for conceald carry, open carry, or both? Do you want only polymer frame, or does it matter? Trigger safety, grip safety, striker fired, hammer fired, decocker, or manual safety?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    An xdm would be an excellent carry weapon

I forgot about that.

Got the chance to shoot one yesterday, and had to reverse my opinion of them. When they were announced, Cathy and I were very excited by them. Then, we held them in the store, and got kind of lukewarm. Both of us preferred the regular XD.

Then I got to actually shoot one yesterday, and have gone back to excited. It's a much sweeter shooting gun than the XD, a gun I am already a fan of.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    any of the ones listed are great guns and would make great carry guns. I would try to shoot any of the ones you are interested in and go with the one you shoot the best and feels the best to you. My opinion is Glock, but that is what works best for me. You may like one of the other models better for you. Good luck in your decision.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have had alot of Berettas and they are quite big and heavy. Polymer definetly helps with the weight. I personally think XD's are great. They have a good stock trigger, lightweight, lots of accessories and are very reliable and durable.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    M&P9 Compact

• Made in the US by American workers.
    • Lifetime Warranty
    • Adjustable to most any size hand
    • Better accuracy than many full size handguns
    • Best grip and ergos... In my humble opinion
    • $50 Rebate eligible

Same look as this M&P40c (with or without a thumb safety)
    mp40cfi5.jpg

+1 for all mentioned reasons! :yesway:

Also I agree with the person that said shoot as many as possible before you buy anything, as everyone has their own preferences on what works best for them.

Kmann

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Denver,IN
    Don't rule out the new ruger sr9c. very compact with all the features and ergonomics demanded by todays cc advocates.not to mention its easy on the eyes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'll probably get 100 responses and 75 different opinions....

I'll go with "Buy for yourself whatever feels most comfortable in your hand."

If that's a CZ of some flavor...hooray!

H&K? Hooray!

Glock? Hooray!

Whatever you purchase, as long as you stay within a reputable brand (And even then there are lemons...), it'll be a decent firearm.

Besides comfort, weight and overall "carryability" are also concerns. And all-steel CZ-75 is a whole different animal than a Kahr CW-9 / P-9.

Personally, I have a M&P9 compact... And it's a chunky little pistol. Not nearly as chunky as some, but considering that my previous carry pistol was a Kahr CW-40, the M&P SEEMS to be about 2x the weight. Thicker, too, to accommodate the double stack magazine.

Next thing to consider would be a GOOD holster and a GOOD gun belt. This combination can make carrying even the heaviest all-steel pistol seem like you're hardly carrying anything at all. Please don't put your new $800 H&K in a $20 holster and hang it from a $15 belt from Sears. Buy a $600 gun and then spend $100 on a holster and another $100 on a belt. (The more times I give this advice...the closer I am to buying a belt myself...ahem)

-J-

gpasp101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    S. E. In.
    gratitude

Thank You for all the opinions I think I'm leaning toward the HK but I might have to settle for the XD not enough posts to reply in the classified section waiting on site supporter acceptance not very chatty online.

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I carry a glock 26 and I highly recommend it.Its 19 oz and its very concealable and accurate.I have a 10 round magazine in it and It also takes Glock 19 15 round magazines.You can acutally get 33 rounders for this gun.But anyways thats my two cents.
    Ps Glocks have very good finish on them which make them hold their value because even if you carry them all the time their finish won't wear off.

Top Bottom